Vanilla Death Travel Mechanics Differ From Classic - Does It Matter?

Thanks for all the replies you guys, I appreciate the conversation.

In my situation, the reason why I remember it is because I discovered it on my own with no knowledge of it before it would happen.

I can however agree and see why it was removed. Personally that was only time I used the ghost travel strat.

I didn’t see anyone talking about the option to disable white ghost like death colors. I didn’t see that as an option in the Stress Test, did I miss it? Was it removed as well?

From what I’ve seen of private server videos, mob aggro there seems way further to me. Beta seems about right.

Thats not true actually… i do remember being able to corpse hop to new flight points in Vanilla wow… I just don’t remember when they stopped that particular bug/ability

You can turn down the spell animations so having new ones doesn’t hurt anyone. But I agree that the death mechanics should go back to the way they originally were because it’s a change that makes a gameplay difference.

Actually now that I think about it, there was a bug you had to use to be able to actually corpse run. You had to log out while dead and then log back in. Then it would detach your graveyard.

That’s a bug that most likely won’t get put in.

let me just say this.

NO CHANGES. I want WSG wall jumping bugs, corpse hopping & all the other warts that made this game great. every little thing played a part in making it an all around good experience and I think Its folly for them to change anything. If they change thigs it isn’t vanilla and it isn’t classic.

NO CHANGES!

1 Like

Even if they change nothing, it still isn’t vanilla… this is still going to use updated code because modern machines… if you really want the vanilla experience, you’ll need to use something like this to truly get the vanilla experience.

Athlon 64 FX-55
SLI NVIDIA 6800 Ultras
2GB Corsair XMS DDR Ram
Two Western Digital 320GB HDD’s in Raid 0
Two 19" 1280x1024 LCD’s
In 2005 it would be something like:

Athlon 64 4800+ X2
Nvidia 7800GTX
2GB Corsair XMS DDR ram
250GB Wester Digital HDD
Thermaltake Tsunami Case
Antec 550w Power Supply
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
Viewsonic VX926 19" 3ms LCD
Logitech G7 (Blue)
Logitech G15v1
Logitech Z-2300 2.1 THX speakers

You guys are nuts with this whole “I WANT THE SAME EXPERIENCE!” nonsense. Technology has moved forward, the Classic version of wow should too…

in the beta i died in darkshore and ran to STV and ressed at that ghost, i respawned at the darkshore ghost instead. I can’t remember how this worked in actual vanilla but I feel like it’s intended since you’re not supposed to be able to ghost walk to bypass zones

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this still works, but I have no way of currently testing it.

This one? :stuck_out_tongue:

From my memory of TBC. You could still graveyard hop via logging out then resurrecting at the new graveyard.
According to this website it was at 4.01 the bug was fixed:
`https://wowwiki.fandom.com/wiki/Corpse_running
I was hoping this would be Available in classic :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tested in Beta:

1. Created a Gnome, died to wolves in Coldridge Valley, walked my ghost to the Kharanos spirit healer, and was rezzed in Coldridge Valley.

2. Same as above, except I logged out at the Kharanos spirit healer, logged back in, and was rezzed back at Coldridge Valley.

3. Died again, walked my ghost over the Dun Morogh/Wetlands mountain skip to Menethil Harbor, got on a ship, arrived in Darkshore as a ghost, walked to the Darkshore spirit healer, logged out and logged back in, was rezzed back at Coldridge Valley.

You can see more Beta tests I’ve performed in this post:

3 Likes

Nice work. Thanks for the confirmation and follow up.
#somechangesIguess

One more test performed:

1. Died in Coldridge Valley, walked my ghost over the Dun Morogh/Wetlands mountain skip to Menethil Harbor, got on a ship, arrived in Darkshore as a ghost, walked out into the ocean, had my ghost die to fatigue (which returned my ghost to Coldridge Valley but moved my corpse to Darkshore), did NOT rez at the spirit healer in Coldridge Valley, made another ghost run, took the boat to Darkshore, ran out into the water, rezzed at my fatigued corpse then swam back to the dock. Mission accomplished!
2 Likes

Did this same set of experiments. You will be rezzed at the nearest graveyard in the zone in which you died.

as a heavy abuser of this bug i can confirm it was patched during vanilla. :joy: that means it wont be added back in.

1 Like

I remember doing it on my night elf to get a Lynx when TBC came out. Pretty sure it was change in CATA