Vampire Class

Well, that one Vrykul quest did set a precedent…

Oh, it did more than that (WARNING: Heavy Vampire History Nerdgasm incoming!).

The Vrykul in question, Blood-Thane Lucard, is directly stated in the Stormheim quest to be incredibly ancient (because duh, he’s a Vrykul who’s been asleep for like, thousands of years). This, in addition to his name (Lucard = Dracul spelled backwards) directly points to the Castlevania series, whose primary villain is–you guessed it–Count Dracula himself.

To take it a step even further back into history, the original Count Dracula in Braham Stoker’s famous 1897 novel is directly based on the Romanian prince Vladislaus III Dracula Tepes (the last two titles translate, more or less, to “Son of the Dragon,” and “the Impaler”), and early on in the book, the character claims direct lineage from Attila the Hun, while also citing the Norse gods Odin and Thor when discussing his early Hungarian and Icelandic ancestry.

So we have an ancient vampiric Vrykul, which is a WoW Viking (the Norse), in Stormheim, the land of Odyn (as in Odin), with a name that is literally “Dracul” spelled backwards.

You’re welcome.

You mean a Vampire RACE? That would be the San’layn for you! They may be Elves, but they are UNDEAD as well! Think of them being more Undead, rather than your typical Elf!

Vampire is more of a race than a class, isn’t it?

Dang necro got me

no

10characters

Rather a vampire blood elf race that can play Demon Hunters. Just keep all the edge in one singular entity.

I can only think of two races that would fit a vampire class, San’Layn and Blood Trolls, neither of which are playable. A case could be made for San’Layn possibly joining the Horde one day, but how would the Alliance get the class? We tried to ally with the Blood Trolls in the war campaign and that didn’t exactly go very well for us.

blood elves are vampires. They literally absorb mana (life force) from other creatures to sustain their lives.

22 days is not a necro :slight_smile:

blood elves are vampires. They literally absorb mana (life force) from other creatures to sustain their lives.

True, they feed on magical energy, just as the nathrezim feed on minds and souls. WoW is a massive fantasy universe, so it makes sense that the definition of a vampire would be expanded, as well.

Considering that the majority of demons, from succubi to felhounds to even warlocks and demon hunters, all feed on souls (see: Drain Soul, Drain Life, Soul Fragments, etc.), WoW’s version of a vampire can effectively be split between both Demon and Undead-type creatures.

Vampires would be awesome

vampirates would be awesome.

but i know a certain elf who wants vampirat elves.

Are we talking about vampire pirates who are on fire?

You mean a blood dk or affliction warlock?

1 Like

umm…
no…
just drunk vampire pirates who had too much blood grog.

Blood DK, seems pretty close to me.

Where wolf the race? How about just sounding like a more intelligent person and say something like. Why can’t we just get vampires just as we have lycanthrope species.

I’d be fine with a vampiric race as long as it’s the San’layn and not those Nosferatu ripoffs from Shadowlands.

I would argue Nosferatuian venthyr would be way cooler than San’layn, but they probably can’t leave the Shadowlands, up with San’layn!

I’m trying to justify this is my head, but it keeps retorting “yeah, but it doesn’t fit in wow.” /shrug

I’d certainly play it, and i wouldn’t complain if it were implemented, it just doesn’t seem to fit to me.