Valor upgrade, will they require KSM every season?

So I’m wondering once I get KSM and the ability to upgrade gear to its highest rank through this method will I have to do it again next season? Or will having KSM season 1 allow me to use valor to get to whatever the new highest level is next season?

You have to get it every season

9 Likes

It’s per season. If you can get it this season you can get it the next because 15s are not even remotely hard. It will probably be easier next season since you can skip half the gearing process right now instead of starting on a fresh character.

4 Likes

Good point, on top of that having a maxed out (currently) blood trinket, quantum device, ordinance, etc will probably carry through next season until you get lucky enough to upgrade it anyways

every season, obviously.

2 Likes

We don’t actually know for sure, because this system was put together as fast as possible by blizzard. It’s not something planned, but something they did in a hurry to respond to feedback. We don’t know if it will be kept as is or if it will be modified for the next seasons.

That said, it is very logical that you need to get it every season and if they keep the requirement, it would be weird to not make it seasonal.

1 Like

the fact upgrading is gated behind freaking achievements is an absolute joke, once again blizzard having to put there own garbage twist on something that it doesnt need.

14 Likes

Gating gear upgrades behind achievements is stupid.
Is in full Rival gear.

???

8 Likes

Getting KSM now would still help you gain KSM next season if you flash it as a key card for those inevitable SEASON 1 KEYSTONE MASTERS ONLY groups.

3 Likes

We have no way of knowing if any of this is true.

Fact: people always ask for “valor” systems, because of how much they liked the ones in the past.
Fact: knowing this blizzard had plenty of time to craft a “valor” system that would benefit hardly anyone, and even those not much.

How many people renewed their subscription because they heard a valor system was coming in? A lot. How many felt they’d been deceived? Too many.

9 Likes

I doubt it … because surely they see everything they have done is a disaster for SL … the game has literally never been this dead.

The valor system solves a problem for a very small % of the pop and screws over the majority of players.

The only reason it is the way it is … is because Bliz knew they were gonna have a long delay between 9 and 9.1 and they DID everything they could to slow player power progression … to the point the game is painful and not fun for way too many players.

They’ll either learn from that and make valor usable across the spectrum or the game may very well finally be dying. Man, its bad out there … though I have read its better for horde, but alliance is basically done on my battlegroup.

I support KSM for Valor because 99.9999% of the people crying over it are the same clowns who support Pathfinder for flying. EAT IT

Most of the people who complain about KSM for Valor are people who don’t do M+ and are typically the main forum demographic for complaining that they have to afk in a main city on land mounts instead of flying mounts.

3 Likes

No. They did it this way because the entire expansion is designed to cater to elites, who deserve everything and more, and punish casuals, who deserve nothing and should be treated badly until they realize their money is no longer welcome here.

2 Likes

The whole point of the current system is to be able to target ONE piece of gear (trinkets, for most people), farm it up on any difficulty you can find keys for, and then be able to upgrade it to a higher ilvl.

That’s it. That’s what the system is for.

And a LOT of people are using it like that. Again, mostly for a specific trinket.

If people were expecting it to be something else, then they didn’t bother to read the explanation from Blizzard that accompanied the initial release in the first place.

3 Likes

Yeah, as soon as it hit I started running DoS on anything I could find until I got an upgradable Blood trinket… it’ll be the first thing I do next season too.

This is the original post where they announced the valor system: Patch 9.0.5 PTR is Now Available

Is that hard evidence of what I said? Well, of course not. But can we read the text and understand what in means it the context of what is happening? Yes, we can. So I’m pretty sure of what I said.

Or we could go with this vision. Blizzard is on an unstopable quest to earn LESS money. They are so evil that they are making fools of us, the players, and of their shareholders too. They have no rational goal, they are out to make everyone that comes in contact with them miserable.

It’ll be easier in next seasons.

I remember BFA how +10 season 1 was about as hard as +13-14 in season 2, so if you can do +15 now, you can do it next season for sure.

1 Like

I never did mythic plus before really, aside from a weekly Maw of Souls for the chest lol… why was it easier, gear or the way they scaled the mobs each season?

It feels bad when all the BIS trinkets come from dungeons and not raids. Or maybe it just speaks volumes to how disappointing the raid trinkets are/feel.

1 Like