Valor Kinda Useless

At least for me.

I haven’t timed 10s or 15s and im around 210 ilevel so valor is useless for me until those dungeons are timed.

Is valor gonna be carried over in 9.1?

27 Likes

Existing Valor will likely be converted to gold in 9.1.

5 Likes

It hurts deep inside.

3 Likes

GIVE ME THOSE GOD DANG HASTE/VERS PANTS STRADAMA!!! :rage:

The amount of times I’ve run Plaguefall for those pants to replace my crappy non-haste 207 pants.

2 Likes

Yeah, this valor implementation sucks for casuals.

I don’t know why they have to Monkey’s Paw every player wish.

62 Likes

I noticed I get valor as a reward for dailies but have yet to see any actual use (for me) for them.

22 Likes

You have 4 items at 200 though, is it useless to upgrade to 207? I know when the gear cap raises, it might seem pointless… but that’s kind of the case with all gear.

I can see how for some people with limited play time that just waiting it out would make more sense though – which is certainly a problem.

2 Likes

It usually does for the first time. It tends to loosen up a little after the first time. :wink:

2 Likes

“Casual”… 4 hours divided into half hour chunks for the course of a 6 month period is not a large time commitment. “Casual” players who can only spend an hour or two a week can absolutely get KSC and even KSM. I think you mean it is bad for unskilled or anti-social players.

4 Likes

Haste mastery shoulders from SD here. Refuses to drop.

2 Likes

Valor wasn’t implemented as a “gear vendor”. It’s a way to supplement gear due to low drop rates

2 Likes

But why is this the system?

What was wrong with a vendor that has actual gear instead of this convoluted gated upgrade system that requires the gear to actually drop?

Oh wait, we’ll finally get functioning systems too late to matter. Par for the course recently.

11 Likes

Speaking from experience?

1 Like

“Casual” has many different meanings, but I’m sure you know what I meant in context.

My 72 year old retired boomer dad isn’t exactly shooting for KSM.

12 Likes

Yeah my aunt literally only levels toons. Sometimes a heroic dungeon, and never raids.

5 Likes

Nothing. But they’ve already got it in place. Gear vendors face sub par/entry level gear.

We’ve got that via honor gear and covenant gear

1 Like

Here’s the problem, Valor is limited, and the upgrade costs are high, if you upgrade a piece that’s not good, you’ve wasted that valor, and you can’t get it back

1 Like

Valor was meant to address the scenario where a M+ player plays for X months and never see an item he really, really needs from his cache, without invalidating gear drops from M+ dungeons.

I would say it succeeded in that design for the most part. Honestly, the only “missing link” in my opinion is lack of “wild card” tokens. I feel like having wild card tokens you could redeem for any item at 210 would help close the final gap in RNG.

1 Like

Anyone else feel like gold is also super useless right now?

4 Likes

Nope. Widowbloom is in high demand and low supply for me lol

1 Like