Valor feels bad

You’re approaching the gear cap for the content you’re doing.

Not sure why that is a bad thing.

And valor of old off a vendor would be 2-4 slots of next to the highest raid gear, so 213 for CN, which you wouldn’t use either.

2 Likes

Back when valor bought a few slots of okayish items we didn’t have an entire dungeon based gear progression system covering every slot from LFR to mythic raid quality as well as a 9 armor set reward at normal raid levels for questing.

You can’t compare gearing aspects in a vacuum.

4 Likes

Yeah I think the system is very good right now. The vault is too rng dependent to be a reliable gearing path, although it certainly was early in the season lol. God forbid you need a drop from SD though!

2 Likes

I do valor farming runs and then my 14s/15s for the week…sometimes overlapping. Without valor, the most I’d do is 10 runs a week anyway. With valor, sometimes more…sometimes not.

because it’s a poorly designed system.

You shouldn’t be able to get a point where it’s not that you don’t have anything you want to spend your valor points on, but a point where you literally can’t spend them on anything. Not before you’re past the top upgrade threshold for all slots at least.

If all my gear was 220+ already I wouldn’t care as at most you can only upgrade to 220 anyway. Not all my gear is 220+ but I can’t upgrade any of those pieces because even if they weren’t from heroic CN, they’re already at the maximum I could upgrade them to if they were from m+ or the 1 piece from m+ that isn’t 220+ is above the 213 upgrade cap I am stuck at.

tl;dr they introduced this valor system and left gaps where you can’t use it.

They’re decent if you’re into the min/max mentality. 220 ilvl main…with a 207 helm/216 offhand because of the right stats. Saving up valor to upgrade…and yet I find more pieces along the way to switch out thanks to valor (that I’d otherwise never consider keeping due to ilvl).

I see where you’re at, though I think it serves this purpose. Would be nice if it was a bit less of a gap in upgrades between timed 10s and 15s.

Not accomplishing the task required to unlock further upgrades for the gap isn’t the same as the path not existing.

220 is relatively solid gear, requiring 1800+ rating, limited loot slots off heroic Sire and SLG, or timing +15 keys.

Mythic+ already is the easiest and most accessible source of strong gear with how generous the vault is.

3 Likes

things to make you play longer another thing to farm when all that had to happen was just leave ilvl alone in the first place as i recall it was fine 2 expansions beforehand no valor needed imagine doing something that actually don’t do anything but add more annoyances just cause you know us suckers will farm it basically it.

You have a good ilvl, a respectable IO, and decent raid progression. You also have the benefit of being a wanted class for keys. You can overcome those gaps with a little work. You’ve already grinded the worst keys. 13-15 isn’t too bad.

1 Like

quit sticking up for garbage it was fine last 2 expansions just another annoyance to waste more and more time and it really got implemented so crappy so ya i’m looking for fun not more annoyances to just waste time. slow gear progression down worked out well for shadowlands.

I don’t like how VP was implemented, but I like it more than NOT having it. I wear seven pieces, basically BiS with the correct stat optimization, that I’ve upgraded to 220. The biggest drawback is for players unable to achieve KSM.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a garbage system.

Oh boy, time to do a dungeon and hope I get the 1% weapon drop.

Still haven’t seen a single weapon in my vault from M+ since the expansion launched. Great.

1 Like

RNG is evil and i will always say so. Nothing feels as good as something solid you can work towards with no chance of failure other than your own lack of doing the work.

Except it isn’t because those players legitimately do not care about Valor.

2 Likes

We clearly don’t. I have never received gear at the end up a mythic plus run. All my gearing has happened from people giving me stuff or through weeklies and the Great Vault. Which feels super bad. I would rather go into PvP with a lower ilvl, get stomped, and know over time I will get something that is ACTUALLY a choice. Doesn’t even matter if its the wrong stats.

1 Like

That is a fair view.

I feel shopping list gearing is really boring as well so it can go both ways.

Like if I was playing D&D and only got gold from everything and told to go buy my items from an NPC in town.

Gear in DND has a better drop rate :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Depends on the DM hehe.

1 Like

it’s alright for alts if your main already got KSM.

but its pretty useless on the main as you dont need it by the time youve got all +15s.

1 Like

Even then… Since there’s a cap you don’t really wanna upgrade just anything. So you just sit there hoping for the right item to upgrade. Then you replace it in the vault next week and it feels wasted.

It hasn’t felt good on main or alts tbh. Alts only slightly better than the mains.

2 Likes