Valor feels bad

I actually don’t get this implementation of valor.

A) no vendor
B) a cap that exists for the sole reason to stop you from upgrading stuff early? And then decentivize you from continuing to do m+ when you hit the cap…
C) an unlock system that makes it hard to use at the start.

Like we’ve had valor in the past. This has got to be the poorest implementation of it I’ve ever seen.

41 Likes

It was never meant for “us” only the Esports crowd.

11 Likes

Conduit energy, valor with no vendor and a bad cap, RNG weekly rotations for torghast and PvP, etc. etc.

Shadowlands is full of piss-poorly implemented systems.

28 Likes

Try being in my situation. Stuck between +11 and +14, with gear that is all already 213 or higher. I literally can’t spend valor on this character on anything.

6 Likes

They should have let use buy some gear directly with valor as well as pets, mounts, toys, etc.

10 Likes

Then casuals could buy gear, and we all know we don’t deserve gear.

11 Likes

Yeah even upgrading to 220 makes sense honestly. Still not the best in the game but still gives you constant progression.

1 Like

I can’t even do that. If you time all +10s you can only upgrade to 213. You have to time all +15 to upgrade to 220. All the gear I get from dungeons is worse than what I have and everything from the vault is higher than what can be upgraded.

1 Like

Hello, use the Volley talent! Then it will go up to 12 to 15 because Volley is OP! If you run out of keybinds, it is ok to choose Careful Aim and put Volley where Explosive Shot was. Then you keep trying until you get all of them at 15. Good luck to you!

Also, if you would like @cursor macros, let me know. I can also share a macro that does trueshot, active trinket, and AiS if you’d like.

A good middle ground would allow for gear to be pushed to 220 without KSM but to reward less valor in lower keys. That way people have something to play for, but you’ll do it much slower if you don’t do dungeons that drop higher ilvl or more valor.

FF14 had a nice system for this. You could get some nice gear just doing the regular stuff, but it look a long time.

6 Likes

While I appreciate the advice, I’ll stick with what works for me, it’s not a matter of not being able to progress, just have to get lucky with groups that aren’t wiping for no reason.

Point of what I am saying, there is a place you can be in where this valor system literally does nothing for you.

1 Like

Sure, but that will always be true. Sooner or later you’ll probably get lucky enough with vault drops where valor isn’t necessary anymore. Valor is really just bad luck protection for the vault.

2 Likes

they threw it together to shut up the whiners - it’s obvious the devs did not want to do it but were forced to.

2 Likes

Look at my gear. I have all of 5 pieces that aren’t already 220 or higher. I’m already getting 223/226 from the vault.

Even if I got KSM tomorrow, it wouldn’t exactly do me a lot of good considering 4 of those pieces are all from heroic CN and not M+ so I couldn’t upgrade them anyway and 1 is 216 so it wouldn’t upgrade very much.

Right, I’m the same way. Valor just piles up now. There’s nothing to spend it on, but that’s a good problem to have. At 220, you’ve effectively “beaten” the tier anyway.

1 Like

The main issue with valor is that it’s called valor.

It’s not designed to be like old valor. It’s supposed to help you fill in slots for that you haven’t gotten loot from raid yet.

I don’t see an issue with the current system.

1 Like

Yes.

You don’t need Valor if you’re not higher M+. Valor exists to solve a very specific problem for a very specific set of people. It’s not badges of justice.

Yeah. We got Valor implemented later in the season so it hasn’t been completely natural in how it fits into the scheme of things.

Everything about M+ content feels bad, so valor is working as expected.

7 Likes

which just shows the devs to be completely out of touch.

4 Likes

I got some good usage out of it when it first dropped. I had probably 4 pieces of 213’s to rank. It seems much more useful for trinkets than anything else though. I ranked a 213 shoulder to 220 and it was like a 50 dps difference.

1 Like