Valarjar Champion's Greatsword Nerfed: Refund Us

oh, so you want blizzard to just take away the thing that made us want the sword, in the first place? just take away the fun from players that enjoy giant melee weapons

4 Likes

Pretty much yeah.
Looks better smaller.

4 Likes

ohhhh, so us giant melee weapon enjoyers aren’t allowed to have any enjoyment in the game, because people like you gotta make Blizzard make every single weapon, tiny, and itty-bitty, huh? let me guess, that’s the only way you can sleep, at night, huh? by ruining other players’ fun!

8 Likes

No but it sure does help! :smiley:

But seriously, if someone liking the weapon more now that it smaller bothers you that much, i dont know what to say. Take a break from the game. This level of aggression over something so silly is not healthy.

3 Likes

the point, myself, and others in this thread, and a few others are emphasizing is, we bought the sword, in the first place, because we loved the fact that is was as huge as the one the warrior order hall quartermaster had, that was why we bought it, when it was in the trading post, the fact that some mook in blizzard made it smaller, today ticks us off, because to us, it feels like false advertising, a ripoff, you know how like say you go to some burger stand, you see this big, thick juicy cheeseburger on the menu, with thick beef patties, so you order it, but when your order is ready, the patties are flatter and thinner than pancakes? that kind of disappointment is how it feels, monk. or like say, you meet someone on a dating site, they show you a picture, saying “this is what i look like”, and the picture looks like they should take up a career in being a supermodel, and after a few online dates, you two finally decide to meet up, and when you finally meet your online sweetheart, face to face, they look like the predator would tell them, “you are one ugly”… you know. we just want back the sword we paid for, is all. you can enjoy the game however you like, but some of us, in this game, enjoy having ridiculously big melee weapons like we’re Guts from Berserk, Cloud from Final Fantasy 7, or Nightmare from the Soul Calibur games

7 Likes

Let’s be honest, the sword is ugly. And you can’t enchant it. The ridiculous size was all it had going for it, and that made up for it. Now, it’s just an ugly sword that no one will ever transmog. I know it’s just pixels, and cosmetic pixels at that, but still, we bought the sword with a limited currency because it was unique in its ridiculous size, and then they change it. They could have easily just made another version of the sword for the folks that like it smaller. But they went this route, and it was a bad decision. A really bad, inexplicably bad decision.

16 Likes

exactly! like, back in cata, they made 2-hander swords that were smaller versions of big freakin’ swords from back in vanilla, if they could easily do that back then, what was to stop them from making a smaller version of this sword, in 2024? by making it smaller, they took away the only reason why players bought it in the first place, why can’t we just keep the sword as big as it was when we bought it, and blizzard just makes a new sword that looks like it, but smaller? pretty much everybody would’ve been happy if they just did that, instead

4 Likes

Well there goes my only reason for getting it. Thanks for retroactively wasting my tenders.
May whoever pushed this nerf out live the rest of their days with a lego in their shoe.

5 Likes

Yes lego are the worst pain ever if you don’t expect it.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

I don’t normally go into stuff like this, but… I’m kind of agreeing with the majority on this one. I bought the sword cause of how big it was for kicks and giggles. Now it’s just a regular low rez sword I wouldn’t of wasted my Tendies on. If Blizz is so adamant about making a small version, just have it… unlock two appearances? The stupid big size and the small regular size. That or give us a refund.

8 Likes

Bliz doing Bliz things as per usual.

5 Likes

This change leaves me unequivocally sad.

2 Likes

Refund…LOLOLOL…That’s the chance you take when you buy something…

1 Like

Thank the Light! It looks 1000 times better now! I’ve always despised oversized weapons in this game.

1 Like

I didn’t buy it because I already have Greatsword of the Inferno (the sickest big sword to ever grace this game) but I agree that you guys totally deserve refunds, thats cap to change it after people bought it.

8 Likes

No. It’s not.

10 Likes

Digital property legislation is coming soon. Every time they pull this crud, it brings it closer.

Me too. But they clearly have sliders in the studio. You can see how some really big stuff looks pixelated. They need to just give us the sliders so the OP can have his bakabuster and I can make my bow not clip through the ground.

2 Likes

They should have made it bigger

2 Likes

Was it causing problems with excessive clipping, or not scaling correctly with some character models? Or was this just a change nobody asked for?

2 Likes

It was probably unintended, which for Blizz has always been enough to remove something no matter what. Very rarely do they come down on the side of leaving unintended fun stuff in.

Edit: this in contrast to Digital Extremes who had a giant sword bug in Warframe, fixed it, but then unfixed it when the community was unhappy to lose their giant swords.

3 Likes