Vacation Oct 1st Sub finished 24th Sept

My sub is up tomorrow but I don’t leave on vacation until 1st Oct. I don’t want to pay for a month and only have this week to play. Can I pause my sub if I renew tomorrow?

No, there is no sub pausing system.

6 Likes

Source

5 Likes

Mmm, strange I can do a vacation suspension with Rogers my Cable Provider in Canada for up to 180 days in a calendar year. We must be ahead of the game. Yes there is a monthly fee to do it though but still great.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Sounds like you guys are, but alas, Blizzard does not pause or suspend subscriptions. You could play the game free on an alt that you can level up to level 20 with the “free-to-play” limitations, or just pay for the month and miss while you’re on vacation.

3 Likes

Not sure about the rules for a utility in canada, but technically this would not count as such. Utilities are regulated, games are not.

4 Likes

I realize this. I was answering cable or phone plan thingy Conanobrien posted a while ago.

I will do this :slight_smile: get some toons ready for my return.

I worked for Shaw Cable (Now Rogers) Vacation Suspension is a thing. All services paused for up to 180 days for $10 a month. Still with access to email and your contract does not change just resumes when you get back.

1 Like

Yup, I googled it. Not something we can help with as far as the game subscription though. If you plan on not being around a long time, cancelling your current subscription would be advisable. But of course, nothing will happen with the account, and as long as it remains secure it will not be affected by a temporary vacation.

3 Likes

Yeah it ends tomorrow will just do the low level 20 thing for the week ha ha

1 Like

I thought there were very limited circumstances in which Blizzard does pause subscriptions, like a service member going on a tour of duty. (…not that this applies in this case, but… figure it’s worth bringing up.)

Maybe a proated refund, but there is no blank button to push to pause a active sub. I could bring in threads 4-5 years old, but don’t want to encourage necroing on a solved thread.

1 Like

That’s the only reason I didn’t, since it didn’t apply to OP’s situation. I haven’t heard or at least seen anything in regards to any deployment pauses in a great while, so that too factored into why I didn’t want to necessarily address it here. It may still be a thing, the practice may have also been retired - I’m not 100% on either option.

I’m just accepting the way it is. I’ll play low-level alts. Who knows I’ve been contemplating leaving altogether after many years. IRL is kind of important right now. Thanks to everyone who replied.

2 Likes

There’s no way to “pause” a subscription. They have worked with soldiers who contact them that they are leaving for a forward location, by crediting them the portion of what was left over. They have also done this for people affected by a natural disaster.

It is not likely to be done for someone who is heading out on a planned vacation.

100%. So take the time off and don’t worry about play “low-level alts”. The game will be waiting for you when real life stops getting in the way. Good luck.

2 Likes