User Interface Action Bar Issues

Updating any current and future visitors. tldr: none of this worked and its a Blizz problem.

The problem continues to persist, effectively starting during prepatch for War Within: my action bars wipe and delete all placed skills items and macros placed upon logout. This happens on Action bars 1-8 (including cat stealth) and does not reset keybindings or dragonriding skills.

I have tried to submit two tickets. Both and been closed and I’ve been referred to come to the forums for customer support, this is disheartening. They said devs would read this. Hello devs!

“Please post on the forums so the dev’s have more information to work off of” - Blizz Customer Support

I have been playing and subscribing on and off since vanilla and this is the first time I think I have ever encountered a problem like this. Effectively my Druid is bricked because I do not wish to place down skills every login.

What I have done:

1. Changed, copied, then finally deleted profiles on Bartender(addon) and then finally removed the Bartender addon.
  2. Disabled and removed all addons
  3. Reset edit mode interface options
  4. Created new profile in edit mode
  5. Uninstalled Curse Forge addon manager
  6. Deleted character’s WTF folder in the retail folder within program files
  7. Deleted all WTF, interface and cache folders
  8. As per a post I found in the forums: typed /console cvar_default
    Possible Fix 1 - Wow Forum User Recommendation
  9. Thinking it may been some corruption of my toon name somewhere, I had an existing name change token which I used.
  10. Per a 9 year old post on Reddit in a private server subreddit, someone recommending to delete all macros. RIP old macros. This didn’t work.
  11. Uninstalled THEN deleted all remaining files inside WoW within Program files. Then completed a fresh install. This didn’t work.

No I will not reformat, do cartwheels or eat green eggs and ham.

Considering these steps I can rest on a peaceful universe it is a Blizz-side bug. If you’re in the same boat as me, maybe don’t go down this rabbit hole of trying to fix it.

See you in Azeroth, actionless.

Soup

8 Likes