🎄 Use original account for classic or make new?

Since nothing transfers from retail and classic, who is planning on creating a brand new fresh account for classic?

I am considering it.

Edit: this is obviously a question for returning players with no active account and are coming back solely for classic.

:christmas_tree: in July

I would think that if you created a brand new account you would have to re-purchase the game.Not sure why folks would want to do that but /shrug.

1 Like

There is no purchase for classic. You simply start a sub.

:christmas_tree:

3 Likes

The only way you’d have to purchase anything other than a sub is if you intend to play the current expansion.

What would be the overall purpose of creating a new account?

5 Likes

I was about to give you a rebuttal about how if I ever wanted to go back to retail if they somehow miraculously fix a lot of the problems, but then I thought about it. The idea of making a totally new account with a completely empty friends list on b-net, where you could play with no distractions, and populating a new friend list with people you meet in classic is starting to appeal to me. This deserves a little more thought.

5 Likes

Yes, but I realize things have changed over the years. I dont think you can just “sub” to wow. I think you have to own the game to play it.

Im going with my old account

Both. I recently merged my original account from Vanilla to my current Bnet. I will use 1 account for me and 1 for my kids.

:cactus:

That fresh account smell? Nostalgia of starting with a clean slate?

You can “just sub”. You start a free trial account then pay for your subscription. The only “Purchase” necessary for WoW now is the current expansion, Battle For Azeroth.

4 Likes

You literally do not have to own anything unless you want to play the BFA content.

Just thought of another reason: to send a message that you personally have no intention of playing modern wow (if you never create a modern wow character)

All you need is a sub.

Regardless that, you will be starting fresh because you have 0 characters on the classic servers. We will all be starting fresh on Aug. 26. IMO no need for a new account.

Why would you pay twice as much when you don’t have to? Unless you are planning to suspend your retail account, but you didn’t mention that.

Serious question: did you actually read beyond the thread title?

Well you did mention transfers from retail and classic. :wink:

What? Please explain your logic. Your first part makes sense, but the second half doesn’t.

An extra $15 per month? I don’t think so.

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

Why? What benefit is there to having a second account? If you decided to go play retail you’d have to log out/in to do so.

Why even ask this question?