Use of addons is cheating, and it needs to be addressed

if blizz would let me use addons that played my toon so i could play final fantasy instead i would say wow is best game ever.

1 Like

You know who. It’s the guy who plays games with other people’s gold then complains about addons and gold farmers while people throw loot at him. It is a pretty sweet grift, and I am a bit envious of it.

2 Likes

No, not all addons. Also you cannot claim that they give people an “unfair advantage over other players” because all players have access to all addons. Also, which addons give people an unfair advantage? Surely you’re not talking about the ones that tell people which buttons to press next, because those people fundamentally cannot play their class and always do really poorly.

Classic character? Check.
Single digit post count? Check.
Only posts are in this thread? Check.
Clickbait thread to get responses? Check.

Yes, Blizzard, this troll right here.

5 Likes

My computer doesnt have space to download the addons. That means its unfair, as I cannot get it.

Sounds completely like a…

wait for it…

A YOU PROBLEM!

5 Likes

So do you think it’s cheating to use a modern computer with adequate hard-drive space?

6 Likes

Yes, because needing more storage space to download more addons makes the game even more P2W than it already is. Pay to win with WoW tokens and needing more harddrive space (more $$$). Removing addons would make this much better.

It’s a fair advantage because everyone has the choice to use or not use addons. Addons just use the same API as the default UI. I even write my own addons.

1 Like

they shouldnt ban add ons. but it’d be nice if blizzard would design certain aspects of the game better so people dont need to use an add on. as others have said some classes almost need WA’s because some abilities lack good enough indicators. or Fights like dreadlords in shadowlands that everyone had to have a WA to do the mechanic and if you didnt have it it was hard to get into pugs

Someone is suffering from… size inadequacy issues.

5 Likes

Addons exist because there is a need for them.

2 Likes

Skeptic… are you having a medical episode? Do you need emergency medical assistance?

3 Likes

Oh dear lord, someone needs to really sit down and explain to them that addons are free, and involve no money.

And does not also mean Pay2Win in any way either.

6 Likes

i use sexy map cuz i like the blue runes

2 Likes

Lol?
What a dumb post

4 Likes

NOOO!!! They mean that buying a bigger hard drive is Pay 2 Win.

I’m dead over here.

I can’t breathe.

6 Likes

Wait… skeptic liked my post…

I knew this had to be one big long troll thread.

2 Likes

Whoever it is is completely ignorant of recently announced changes coming up in the game.

1 Like

Misclick, buddy. It is P2W, as you pay and can get more addons, and thus win more.