Use ahk for poe league start if i forget to close out my ahk addon scripts for poe (path of exile) league can i get banned?

As stated above I am curious about this because i am aware of multibox ban, which i think is also related to the ahk multibox scripts.

I want a definitive answer to this question, because sometimes people do forget. AHK is okay in poe. There are many tools that were designed with ahk. Which i obviously use as well.

But I also never want to risk a ban on my account. So do i need to be super vigilante on this or is blizzard okay with ahk running in the background?

edit- Would prefer a blue to respond or someone that plays poe and uses things like poe awakened trade or chaos recipe enhancer. Have you ever gotten a ban or warning if you forgot to close em out?

You are not gonna get a definite answer here. Blizzard isn’t gonna say “This script or 3rd party program” is okay, too much liability involved. They’ll just refer you to the help support article.

It’s a use at your own risk situation.

7 Likes

I can’t speak for any program that you may be using, Alpacacino. Generally speaking, if you have something running on your system that we prohibit, yes, that could result in a penalty, being a suspension or account closure. Will that happen? I couldn’t say, but that’s as definitive as can get.

Also, while not relevant to your question… when using an acronym, it is standard to use the full name it stands for before switching to it. That establishes it grammatically for the reader. While I knew what AHK was, I didn’t immediately know that POE was, so your title was confusing. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Great way to handle the situation guess i just keep closing it out… that includes everytime I use it for work purposes LOL

dont know why its such a big deal. Autohotkey is used in various applications and including work places. I would suggest to the higher ups to be a little more loose with it.

oh okay sorry I just figured most people would know what Path of exile is (and the abbreviation) since this is a video game forum but I did indeed do that, ty for the suggestion nonetheless. :slight_smile: It does look better too.

I also know how text can come off in the wrong way it’s just out of frustration, it’s very inefficient to have to manually close out things like that every single time i open up a blizzard game.

Given the ability to use certain functionality for botting/exploitation, I doubt very much that restrictions would be loosened. The goal is to eliminate botting and the like, not make it easier.

If you wish to make that suggestion you are welcome to submit feedback through the in-game option in the support menu.

There are a lot of video games out there and if you don’t have personal experience with it, it might not immediately be familiar. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Anyway thanks for the responses.

I don’t think that logic is very sound. If a person wants to cheat they will find a way to cheat. They don’t need ahk to do that. There is various other better applications to do that that are disgusting. And if that was the case then the policy regarding AHK wouldn’t be so shady now would it? Everybody knows that autohotkey is a very popular in other games, and use to be here. That’s no secret.

To really tackle cheating you need to go after {other programs}, and then directly after the sources that are currently designing high end botting systems.

And i will submit the feedback when i have a chance. I know that the regular person like me can’t make much of a difference i just think the logic behind it is very flawed. ty for your time i appreciate it. I’ll just keep closing it out at the end of the day :slight_smile:

By that logic people who want to steal will find a way to so you might as well just leave your doors unlocked and open…

Yes, there may be better applications, but everyone doesn’t use the same method, which is why fighting botting/exploitation is such a challenge.

Glad I could provide an answer for you.

12 Likes

umm i dont think thats a good comparison but sure. lol

edit-last words will be thank you for time i appreciate you responding. Getting a response feels good and shows you care.

<3

Use of software that can be used for multiboxing is prohibited.
The fact that you are not using it for that notwithstanding , does not change that the software itself is prohibited.

5 Likes