US Price Increase Incoming

Exactly.
I think people are ignoring that WoW isn’t the only entertainment being paid for, and that people are struggling financially when they say “oh what, it’s only $3-4 a month”

Yeah, it is. And that’s now $24ish with tax, that I can put towards the internet bill that just went up by $15, or rent that goes up in Jan, or the phone bill, or the hydro bill.

Would this raise matter if we weren’t back in lockdown up here? Maybe not. But we are. And it does.

They’ll probably slap an extra $10 onto current shop mount/pet prices and services as well for good measure.

I guess wow tokens still work for the counties that have had price increase doesn’t it?

I cannot swear to it, but based on my opinion of SL so far, if the price was raised I might power level all of my main toons to 60 then bail. I would wait until AFTER the next (if another) expansion was actually released and maybe give it a shot.

I’d ROFL if they increase the US sub price.

A lot of Americans here tend to be absolutely full of themselves when it comes to pricing. So many carry on about how it’s ok when other regions see price rises because “exchange rate”. I’m totally OK if they taste their own medicine and realise it isn’t actually about that. It’s about what blizzard thinks the market can bear. Very few companies increase prices based solely on exchange rates. Those who do rarely price items in the local currency. They keep it in US dollars (so they don’t have to even concern themselves with the exchange rate). They price in local currency because doing so means they can adjust price based on the local market separate to the exchange rate. They increase based on what they think the market can wear. The US is no different.

So yeah, I’d laugh just because so many Americans have been arrogant douches when it comes to other regions seeing price rises.

Holy investment Batman!

2 Likes

That’s one rich blood elf :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Can always trust Yesuna to have an unpopular, and generally terrible, take on things.

+1, but only as lip service.

WoW isn’t worth $20, and if they did raise the price they’d have to change the WoW token. It’s only profitable to them if the token is more expensive than the sub fee and/or the money it puts in your battle.net account.

Which is a pretty big change for one of their largest markets. Not a good look when they’re trying to secure as many players as possible.

EU had a price increase? Its always been 12.99

Honestly the currency that sticks out the most for a price hike ATM is the British pound…

9.99 pounds for a 30 day sub is like 13.60$ and this is with the VAT included which makes the actual sub be 8.19 pounds or 11.15$ USD

For services there was one like 3 years ago, but subs were unaffected… its part of the reason why EU tokens give abysmal returns now.

Examples of price changes? I dont frequent the cashshop.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=261545/price-increase-for-european-world-of-warcraft-services

I am quite surprised to see that panda here after blizzard announced ban on Multiboxing

I don’t understand the purpose for a sub fee increase at this point. We’re paying for all the expansions as they come out. Aside from that, it’s the same game for 16 years.

Adjusting for inflation or deflation is not making the game itself better. It’s protecting investors.

Omg thats horrendous literally why? Thats 74 USD for a character boost. Thats not even fair since EUR has always been stronger then USD. Biggest cash grab if I ever seen one.

Meanwhile Americans live in big condos with great house prices and get to spend so much less on everything.

You have to realise that prices include Vat though, in most EU countries thats 20% but can be as high as 27%. This makes the actual price of the boost closer to 58$ USD.

US and Canada are weird exceptions in that taxes are normally calculated on top of the sticker price.

That’s called basic accounting. Every company that sells goods and services in multiple countries has to address differences in exchange rates, the cost of conversion, and different and constantly evolving tax schemes.

It’s common. You’re uninformed.

It’s much more complicated than that.

Or you’re just an ignorant bigot.

Blizzard doesnt even do this.

If they did this Mexican, Chilean, Argentinian, Brazilian, Chinese and Russian prices wouldn’t be where they are. They do take market condition of a certain countries economies into account.

Also Blizzard charges several poorer and CIS countries in roubles instead of Euros, even if its not their local currency to account for lower purchasing powers in those countries.

lol.

Is that supposed to be convincing? Cause it’s not. You are some random dude on the internet. You saying “you’re wrong” isn’t going to convince a single person that they’re wrong. Ever. On any topic.

I am curious if you’ve ever looked up the definition of the word bigot though. You don’t seem to know the meaning of the word. That you think my comment makes me a bigot says more about you than it does about me.