URGENT : Why TBC classic should be separate server or it will destroy Classic WoW

I have no idea why anyone thinks they make tbc just lap over classic. Of course they are going to make a tbc client where you can copy your characters over and leave classic are a permanent tribute to the original game…

This just in: It’s going to destroy classic wow regardless of how its done.

I have no idea why anyone thinks they make tbc just lap over classic. Of course they are going to make a tbc client where you can copy your characters over and leave classic are a permanent tribute to the original game…

I bet they progress classic to TBC and make a few perma classic servers for people to copy to. Why leave all these classic servers when they’ll be ghost towns. The majority will want to progress to TBC. Its makes the most sense.

2 Likes

WOW Retail - thats WOW. I wish vanilla content was put back so we can phase to it. TBC 1-70 as its own game ok, i get it. But will you make the classic version of every xpac???

Once you make TBC classic, the playerbase will expect you to continue and do EVERY EXPANSION. And then it gets out of hand.

The main reason the early years seemed better is because more were RPers and RPG players. More friendly players who didnt grow up with cell phones at 4 years old. Nowadays, too many players are spoiled and jaded and only care about rush rush rush.

1 Like

I think most people want and expect Classic servers to only go up to Wrath.

I don’t think anyone is really rallying for anything past that.

Yes. This is intended.

Moving on.

I rather have new TBC Classic servers that are FRESH NO TRANSFER servers.

No we won’t. Most only want through wotlk. Everything past that sucks.

They had a survey for this already they understand that people want Classic servers to remain.

Yeah I highly doubt they’d ever do Cata or beyond. All that content still exists, the important part in terms of what was lost was the old world and old quests that was only there from Vanilla to WotLK.

Not that I think anyone that wants Cata or MoP Classic is wrong and should feel bad, I just don’t think they’d ever consider it.

As for TBC, I don’t care how it’s released, that’ll be my permanent WoW home regardless.

The question now is do I come back to Classic and “prepare” for TBC (which I’m doing regardless because I’m in quarantine and I’m bored) or is TBC going to be 100% fresh? I won’t be salty either way, TBC Classic has always been my dream since Classic was even discussed.

Why do you think they will police bots???

Honestly gold only matters in classic and TBC.

As for items why would they do that???

I feel like you probably give them too much credit for running proper VM’s with clustering and failover and load balancing. I could be wrong though.

Honestly forcing everyone to go to TBC and offering xfers to specific eternal classic servers feels like the best choice, i know you don’t like the idea of having to xfer or “breaking up the community” but you do realize if they just dup the number of servers that most people are going to be playing TBC anyways and what you’re going to end up with is all the servers we have now and MAYBE a handful of them still having a somewhat decent pop with like one or two true mega servers still alive but every other server would be a ghost town regardless, they need to condense the people who are sticking to classic so they actually have people to play with instead of dead characters on dead servers.

This.

Everyone goes to the next expansion, provide free xfers to a select few Vanilla-only realms, that’s that. If they need to add more of those in the future because people overwhelmingly want to stick with farming Naxxramas and such… they will. But moving to the “new” will always be Blizzard’s priority.

ONE: this isn’t urgent. TBC hasn’t even been announced yet.
TWO: TBC servers WILL be separate. Of COURSE they will be. Blizzard didn’t wait 15 years to make Classic and make everyone happy, just to get rid of Classic servers and piss everyone off again.

and hopefully there is no character copy… just my opinion tho.

They most likely IF TBC Classic is coming will make fresh classic servers and progress these ones to TBC. It’s how other MMOs do Legacy Servers since Blizzard never really does anything original, I honestly see them doing this model.

Im pretty sure its already going to be a separate server. Its just a matter of how your toon will transfer or if it doesnt at all. Gold, and such things.

its likely 100% going to be a character copy just like now how you have Retail, Classic, BETA all as seperate WoW clients TBC will be a new login client with its own servers.

I was surprised to see so many people thinking Classic will roll over into TBC ignoring how the game is currently structured with release versions, like they would create an entirely new Classic client, transfer everyone’s characters over to there and then come back and roll the current classic client into TBC and then give you the option to transfer back…

The most likely option, IMO, will be to allow people to keep their 60’s on classic servers forever, and do a character copy to a TBC server if desired.

i think the blizzard dev made it clear classic wont change, so they will release tbc only server , separate from classic.

the real issue is the character transfer , they should only allow 1 or 2 max char transfer and limit on gold / item carry through.

they can offer paid transfer from classic to tbc later after 6 months from tbc launch.

this way classic lovers stay happy , tbc lovers get their expansion without ruining classic.

compromise would be character “copy” where players can copy one of their character to the tbc servers while keeping the same char on the old classic servers. that way you wont get massive exodus of players from classic and those who got bored with tbc can play with classic anytime they wanted