URGENT : Why TBC classic should be separate server or it will destroy Classic WoW

Look at TBC and Woltk expansions

every one of those expansions making the previous world irrelevant and turning it into ghost towns that no on visit.

Thus every expansions are making the world smaller as no one bother to visit the previous worlds except for boring leveling experience and totally destroy the value of items in previous worlds…

The WoW classic was created to alleviate this problem by making it a permanent vanilla world and wont be made irrelevant or empty because the next expansions like TBC.

So blizzard devs , please highly consider these as prime reason not to destroy classic wow (again) and start a tbc classic in other servers.

People who want classic tbc experience can 1 way transfer out their character(s) and up to certain amount of gold.

Thus it is a win win solution for both who want to stay classic and those who want to enjoy tbc classic.

TLDR : DO NOT FORCE TBC into Classic servers

6 Likes

The most likely solution is they’ll simply clone the servers and you might have to download TBC Classic and log into that version of the game. Vanilla servers aren’t going anywhere.

1 Like

blizzard dev wont close classic servers as they are regarded as museum piece that suprisingly brought many $$3.

the tbc classic will be another $$$ formblizz but theres correct way to get them both out and not alienate the vanilla players who do not want classic to be ruinee by tbc.

those who thought tbc will be best and classic should be removed are the same ppl in the future that clamor for vanilla experience again.

Not sure why this is urgent since its not even annoucned yet.

7 Likes

They said they would keep Classic servers running as a Museum piece.

So i imagine TBC will be a one way character copy for those that want to continue on into TBC, just like how you copy onto PTR/BETA but with gold/item limitations i assume.

2 Likes

DESTROY!!!

2 Likes

Blizzard hasn’t officially announced TBC or confirmed or denied TBC and if they ever choose to they certainly won’t remember these threads so this kind of stuff is pointless tbh.

I doubt they will force classic servers to become tbc, but I doubt that most servers will remain viable after people move onto tbc so in the end it won’t matter since I imagine the remaining classic players will have to converge to a few servers.

3 Likes

And Classic will become that regardless.

How many people honestly plan on sticking around in an eternal Phase 6 game?

Not me. Not most of my raid team.

PServers kept rebooting, or getting shut down and relaunched. They didn’t ever have to consider an eternal BiS 40 man Naxx raid team.

I would be shocked if 2 years from now there would be enough active players to fill up a single server in a permanent Post Naxx world.

1 Like

If the primary reason that blizzard made a remake of WoW Vanilla was to remove the uselessness of outdated equipment then you have no worries. Through such reasoning it is unlikely that blizzard is going to be completely counter-productive by adding new content. I’ve seen blizzard do seemingly counter-productive things, but I don’t think that they will do it on such a grand scale.

This is a perfect way to make sure thousands of people quit and never play TBC

The same could be said if there weren’t limitations put in ace either.

clone server should be viewed as last recourse

nothing worse than ruining tbc server with insane amount of botters and gold inflation

1 Like

blizz should just keep tbc & vanilla classic separate and have every1 start from zero, the whole transferring over is going to be very bad for the game’s economy; people will be flying on epic flying speed within a week if they don’t make it so people have to start from zero.

what blizz needs to do is open up new servers after phase 6 is out for a while, that’s back in phase 1 and keep those servers as the servers that resets phases once it hits a certain time within phase 6. This will keep people interest in the game, it was something that many vanilla servers did before classic came out; since it give a sense of progression while giving the option to those that wants to eternally stay in phase 6.

they havent even said they are going to make tbc classic

ppl who ant tbc dont care about how many gold they can bring to tbc fresh server

this will erase all bot’s gold inflation and will destroy speculators and AH players …

for the majority of ppl who want tbc , they just eant to play the game , not play AH

Please release tbc. My body is ready!

I don’t like that solution, but it’s the easiest thing they could do. I don’t know if I can expect much more from them than taking the path of least (financial) resistance.

People who want to abuse the system will still exist when BC launches. So instead of having epic flying a week after the Dark Portal opens, it takes two weeks?

All of the easy gold making strats are known. Everything that will be useful at launch and at later Phases are known. Just accept that and move on. You can’t erase history and stop people from gaming the system. By trying, all you do is annoy more players. TBC isn’t goimg to be a struggle. If you want that kind of experience, go find another game. Classic isn’t it.

False. I want TBC. I also want to continue the character progression I have. I do not want to be forced onto a fresh server. I earned the gold I have. I pocketed enough so that I can have Epic flying on my two main toons soon as they hit 70, just like I did the first time around.

I do want fresh servers to be an option for those who want it though.

Just covered this in another thread the only way I can see blizzard keeping their promises and seamlessly moving forward is to clone all characters to a new tbc server/client and let people select TBC from the dropdown. Boom all your characters are copied and live in their own ecosystem and your classic servers are untouched. Then as players move to tbc they reallocate system resources using whatever hypervisor is running the server nodes. Done no broken promises no cross over no weird transfers required and everyone is happy except for the people who mostly get happy from others not being happy I guess.