Upper Orgrimmar Portal Floor Changed

One of the spots for the upper/main portal room is now empty

Undercity getting un-blighted with help from Maldraxxus and Plague Deviser Merileth as part of the 9.1 Covenant Campaign is my bet.

7 Likes

Doesn’t the Undercity already have a spot though?

Nope, it doesn’t.

I’m not so sure about that. Might just be planning ahead and leaving room for the next hub, since the extra space they already had was in the ‘basement’ and not the immediate area.

1 Like

They already had 5 portal spaces downstairs, and still have 3.

They intentionally left an upstairs portal empty, which is largely “capital cities of races/allied races”

1 Like

Interesting find.

Hm wonder if there is something similar in Stormwind.

Stormwind is easier to “fix” given they can just extend the corridor and everything is on the same level, feel me?

Whereas Orgrimmar there are two floors.

Really wish they’d add a teleport pad

1 Like

I meant, the creepy basement is for the portals that are seldom used, because people don’t want to go down there.

Also, isn’t the status of the Undercity more of a physical ruin, not just blight? Wouldn’t it have to be remade entirely? We saw the throne room collapsing after Sylvanas played her trap. I feel making it habitable again would require a little more than vacuuming the blight up.

Nope they didn’t touch any of the interior city and the topside ruins just have assets. The “scar” used for Tirisfal Glades is reused from Battle of Undercity era, not new, iirc, and either way it was phased rather than changed outright.

The city itself wasn’t touched. Just has a Green Bad on the ground.

Cinematic was never made into reality.

Nah, cuz people go to CoT a lot if that was the logic.

But they have silvermoon on the first floor.

It’s for the capital cities, not as the “players use these portals more”.

1 Like

Yes, but the cinematic was conveying a message. I wouldn’t take the developers not dedicating time remodeling a location they don’t expect people to go back to anytime soon as evidence that it was physically damaged.

2 Likes

If you recall, players had to fight to get that even put in, so Blizzard just put it in the basement.

4 Likes

Yeah and the theme of the floors since then and now is that top floor is for race capital cities/narrative priority and basement is for old content/non capitals.

1 Like

Honestly Blizz just backpedaling on Teldrassil and Lordaeron would sort of be hilarious.

It is a magical setting so Ardenweald/Maldraxxus having miracle growth for Darnassus and Blight-Begone tor the Undercity would make as much sense as anything else.

But it’s just such a lazy solution. “Nevermind, we talked to some dudes and they wooshed it back to pre BFA status. The only people who died where nameless NPCs. Everything’s back to normal and the factions won’t grow or change from this at all”.

14 Likes

Are tired of that plague of undeath smell?
Do you wish your home was no longer blighted?
Are you currently homeless due to war leading to your home being stuffed with what’s essentially magical radioactive waste?

Say no more!

Thanks to House of Plagues Laboratory, led by Plague Deviser Merileth, you can now buy Blight-B-Gone!

Now for the low price of your immortal soul!

Buy one and get the Necromancy & Me: How To Reconnect My Soul To Your Body text for FREE courtesy of the House of Rituals!

Buy now and we’ll thrown in some Miracle Repair Slime of the House of Constructs, so you no longer have to replace damaged limbs!

It’s probably what’s going to happen from where I’m standing. Closest we’ll get to an apology.

5 Likes

There is only one race capital that those are the BC ones that are difficult or impossible to get to, otherwise, in the case of Ironforge and Thunderbluff, they still make you take the manual transports. I imagine if the Undercity does pop back up, they’ll institute the Zeppelin tower.

Zeppelin tower is still there and the NPC was never removed lol

1 Like

I mean, that would be the inter-capital transport method. The portal room connects to hubs like I said, or locations you can’t get to reasonably anymore.

We’ll see what happens, but I feel like the Undercity becoming a capital again would be a major plot point and would serve a bit as a distraction from the Shadowlands.
“I guess everything is going well now, we can start rebuilding our home now. The Jailer? Oh, he’s not a threat atm.”

It just wasn’t well thought out design wise. I keep the UC up on pretty much all my tunes because the fastest way to the southern EK is to take the portal to SM, run through the throne room to the translocation orb, pop up in Lordaeron’s courtyard and fly to the portal to Grom’Gol on the zeppelin tower.

I used to try to get in the spirit of things by using the Karazhan portal in Dalaran. But with that gone my options are to wait for the zeppelin in Org or the boat in Ratchet - both of which take longer than just using 3 different portals. It reminds me of Symphomy of the Night where eventually you’d say f it and just have Alucard moonwalk dash around the castle. It looked dumb but it was just faster.

Instead of making the world seem larger Blizz’s removal of many portals just made the world feel janky.

2 Likes

Uhm I don’t understand?
What I meant is, wether or not SW has allready an empty spot for a future Teldrassil.

It’s not too hard to get the new Legion Karazahn ring that comes with a teleport!

No it doesn’t, because it’s easier to extend a corridor than to open a space in the “primary room” of portals.

1 Like