[UPDATED NOV 28] Support a Streamer on Twitch and Earn the Ichabod Pet

It’s funny these streamers arent having issues connecting and playing huh

1 Like

Yes lets donate our hard earned money to some loser playing in his moms basement,how about donate to a childrens hospital

1 Like

I found this a bit confusing the way it was worded. To me it seemed like I needed to do a 2month gift sub for someone, so that’s what I did (except it was only a 3month option). I also used my Prime gift sub. But now I’m wondering if I should have done two 1month subs for two different people. This really could have (should have) been worded better.

1 Like

Dumb question and I’m guessing it’s a no.

If I gift four subs, I don’t get two codes, correct? Or if I do two to one streamer and two to another?

No thank you, I do not support twitch in no way what so ever…It is a scum company, and was a company who banned the people who bought gamestock stock and actually money. But the rich elite cried because it messed up their shortsales. Screw twitch tv.

Hey Blizzard, maybe you should have spent the time and money on preparing servers so the launch wasn’t an abysmal failure, instead of on your Twitch integration and drops bullsh*t.

1 Like

I’m going to declare myself to be a streamer, so I can log in and be supported!

1 Like

Why did it only get updated today with the list of eligible streamers? Why not two weeks ago so we knew BEFORE today, and only realizing after we donate subs, that the streamer we chose to support who had DROPS enabled was not eligible for the pet code?

I wish this worked… I’ve been streaming load screen for about 4 hours to my viewers :confused:

while I like the pet, I refuse to waste money on Steam

For what it’s worth (which isn’t much), I can confirm that you can gift the subs anonymously and it’ll still pop your code right up. I was a little scared that it wouldn’t, since I hadn’t heard anything about anonymous gifting yet… but there we are. Anon gifts still work, huzzah!

1 Like

As a small streamer, I was excited to qualify to apply for this campaign. When I was accepted and saw it was mostly other small streamers I was grateful for the opportunity. Not that anyone needs to know my story, but it might help put that streamers are really just people into perspective for some people that have difficulty understanding that. I spent this last year carrying my father from his bed, to his chair, to his toilet, to the car to go to dialysis and the VA. He had been in pain for a long time, but despite very clear evidence of a tumor growing in his liver the cancer went undiagnosed until this year. The neglect of the previous VA doctor led to an immediate diagnosis of stage 4 liver cancer. My father was not a drinker or drug user, so developing this kind of cancer was not ordinary. His kidneys failed before he could receive any treatments, and the tumor (the size of a softball) was inoperable. We spent the year having him in constant treatment. Dialysis several times a week, the doctor just about every day, and more than few times we almost lost him quicker than we ended up losing him and he had to be hospitalized for long periods of time. The VA has to be one of the only places it’s acceptable to be so terrible at your job. They repeatedly botched his diagnosis and I believe he suffered immense pain every day on his march toward the grave. Despite all that he just wanted to make sure my mother was taken care of. Which, the VA assured him would happen. But, it turns out, they don’t want to do that now that he’s dead. We may have to sell the house. I am physically disabled and cannot work a regular job, and have had difficulty qualifying for disability pay. Anyone familiar with the process knows it’s actually a pretty terrible ordeal. So, I was grateful for the opportunity to come along that I might be able to make a little money, to help with groceries or the odd bill. I, like most streamers, don’t make very much doing it. And a charity isn’t going to help me and my family. The change to include large streamers in the campaign, I get it from a business perspective- all that advertising. It just seems hollow from the support a streamer angle. After all, who’s going to bother looking for the 10 viewer stream when there’s the 130k viewer stream right there? It just feels like the promise of opportunity was offered only to be subverted and right now, I’m not sure I feel grateful anymore.

3 Likes

So has anyone tried using the free Prime sub for one of the 2 needed to get the pet? I see two different stories and want to confirm if it counts as one or not.

We had over 4k streamer names in as of last week when we first posted. The update on launch day was to add an additional 100 streamers to the pool who wanted to take part in the promotion.

3 Likes

Which one is yours?

I’m trying to find this out as well.

So, if they had drops enabled, they should be eligible for the pet, correct?

Guess you do not understand that they are a company that wants to make a profit like any other company out there and what is wrong with them advertising their game in whatever legal way they want…Soooooo have you been complaining about them advertising their game in their launcher or on streams as paid advertisements and every other way or is it just because you want a free pet???

I have been a WoW streamer for a very long time (since JustinTV days - I am one of the original 10 partners). I see people who are on that list who have < 600 followers but are eligible for this, and yet, I am not. My channel is not, but it has been a part of the other giveaways - what can I do to get on that list?

If I cannot - what did I do to prevent being a part of this ?

1 Like

Good job calling out his edit. I respect that. More people should do that.