[UPDATED NOV 28] Support a Streamer on Twitch and Earn the Ichabod Pet

Uhm.

What about baby streamers with less than 10 followers who are just starting out? Like me?

I love wow and wanted to start streaming dragonflight and posting youtube videos for fun?

We are left out in the cold.

I was late so i cant be elible to do twitch drops.

You have to make sure drops are enabled in your dashboard in the viewer rewards section. Thatā€™s all you have to do to get them enabled, other than making sure youā€™re in the World of Warcraft category when you stream. Itā€™s just the pet you need to be on the list for. Iā€™m fairly certain all WoW streamers are able to have drops enabled for the mount.

Nethaera, is there a way for more people to get added? Iā€™ve streamed WoW in the past, but only started streaming it again yesterday. Drops are enabled so people are getting the Feldrake mount from me, but it would be amazing to be put on this list for the gift subs pet.

Well, I have absolutely no interest in watching streamers play or discuss WoW or any other game.

But, the pet is cute. So I gifted a couple of subs and got the pet for $10.80 US.

And, once Iā€™ve streamed Asmongold for four hours, I get a mount.

The irony is that I play Classic almost exclusively, and the only reason I have to log into retail is to collect the pet and mount.

It would just be the bees knees if I could be involved. Streaming on Twitch these last couple weeks has Totally Transformed my life for the good, and has given me Hope, my new ā€œcommunityā€ (crazy wonderful to be even saying thatā€¦:heart_eyes:) was really let down it seems when I wasnā€™t on the list, and I quickly became affiliate during the first event. Now theyā€™ve even achieved Path to Partner this Morning. Iā€™ve been a playing for 18 Years and sharing my love for this game, and reciprocating the hope my viewers and myself have gotten from doing this. Is now my new Goal; Helping as many players as Possible, Ironically Thatā€™s all it started as, A simple stream with some drop info to help others when I had a hard time myself trying to figure it outā€¦ and just like that, this beautiful community came outta nowhere and pulled me from a very dark place at the timeā€¦ the 9-10 Followers I had a couple weeks ago were mostly Familyā€¦ Now Iā€™m sitting here 9000% Dedicated to the 1500 Followers and 210+ Subscribers who I just canā€™t thank enoughā€¦seriously Iā€™m so grateful. My first stream on the 15th was the Dragon Kite, which Quickly became my symbol of Hope for the game, for all my new friends, and my familyā€¦it was a big deal to me. So Here I am, a couple weeks Later With a smile that just wonā€™t leave my face; as we explore Dragon Isles, something Iā€™ve dreamt of for what, almost 20 yearsā€¦and Im taking it all in with them, and soaring on my Drakthyr Dervis have the most fun in my entire life. when I seeā€¦what looks like a dragon Kite on a tall spire, and I barely Make itā€¦ It was Called a ā€œHope Kiteā€ And I just started Balling manā€¦ like really after all the hardships these last few months and What That Silly little kite had meant to us That first Day streamingā€¦ I donā€™t know what to say. It Really just Confirmed That This was Really Happening for us, and it was because of all the wonderful people who play this game who found me somehowā€¦That I wasnā€™t trapped in the emerald dream, that somehow Dreams do come true. Thank you Thank you Thank You so much! This whole event like this game has been an absolutely incredibly fantastic, stupendously Radical Blessing that I probably donā€™t deserve. So thank Yā€™all so freaking much, Iā€™ll do whatever in my power not to let you outstanding folks down :pray:t2::pray:t2:šŸ„¹:raised_hands:t2::raised_hands:t2: Sincerely /ALTernateSelf

I would like to be on the list tooā€¦ I can do drops but I canā€™t have my channel eligible for the gift subs? Yeah, Iā€™m not Asmongold and I donā€™t only stream WoW, but I do stream it as well as DbD and Phasmaphobiaā€¦ Do you have to only stream WoW to get on that list or what?

Support a creator is great, but I donā€™t think you should get to choose who gets supported. If we can do your drops, then we should also be able to participate in other things as well.

I had a few friends gift two subs and now I find out itā€™s only to ā€˜eligibleā€™ streamers? I canā€™t refund a gift sub and now I feel bad.

DakkarBlack
(twitch channel same name)

Under the FAQ, no. Was also hoping to use November and December Prime subs for this :confused:

https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/gift-subscriptions?language=en_US#FAQ

Itā€™s because they need to be gift subs. You canā€™t gift a prime sub.

i gifted 5 subs at once, this was over 24hrs ago

Does it have to be like gift one at a time?

I consider ā€œgiftingā€ too but Iā€™m not a regular twitch user. How do you do this actually? Opening the online twitch help and having a streamer window opening is different to me and Iā€™m hesitant to spend money without choosing the right choice to make.

Your pretty ignorant ainā€™t you assuming all streamers are rich or making a bucket loadā€¦Maybe stream yourself and find out for yourself before making baseless claims you have no idea aboutā€¦

I guarantee 99% of those on that list are barely making payouts each month and your judging them over the 1% of streamers that are making a bucket load who have worked their asses off to get where they are.

If it is as simple as you make it out to be how about you put your money where your mouth is and show us how it is doneā€¦

I do not care that people are annoyed at this drop system i as a streamer agree it could of been done better but the continued attacks on the small streamers is insulting especially from people who simply are making assumptions that we are either

• Charity Cases
  • Non Human
  • Greedy

I was on the list but i refuse to stream wow not only because i do not agree with it but I also rather not have anything to do with such a toxic community that is so hateful because they want free stuff cause they are so entitled. I rather have no money from twitch than support this community.

2 Likes

You just have to make sure youā€™ve gifted at least 2 subs to anyone on the list of elligible streamers. Then check your Twitch notifications. Thatā€™s where the code for the pet shows up.

1 Like

YES , i see now. Itā€™s a code, i thought it be like the other drops. Thank you

1 Like

I subscribed, then i gifted a subscription(s). The gifted option comes when/after i subscribed. See if you have any local Streamers, support local.

1 Like

Nethaera,

I have been told that the ticket I opened wonā€™t help. How do I find out what I need to do to get into that ā€œpoolā€ of streamers? I have been involved with streaming WoW since 2009 and would like to be involved in this promotion ā€” I got no notification or request about this and would like to be a part of it given my history.

Canā€™t redeem my code. Keeps failing :frowning:

Iā€™m keeping my money.

Is the redeem service down?

Keeps saying:

We canā€™t process this code at this time. Please try again later.

Edit:
Solved it by just going to account page to redeem rather than what twitch links to.

Is weird i not see my name of streamer listā€¦ :frowning: (G_N_O)

Over 24 hours now and still no code after donating 2 sub on Twitch to one of the ā€œapprovedā€ streamers. Sad faceā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, last thing I want to do is give rich streamers even more money.

1 Like