[UPDATED MARCH 8] 9.0.5 Update Notes

Well its a bit late to be worried about that now haha.
Most of these changes were testable 3 weeks ago.

Ironically, they did nerf Affliction lock a fair deal in the first week of this patches testing, then they undid the nerf.

For the future, its best to not put too much weight into what you think should and shouldn’t be adjusted.
They have the whole picture, and often times we see a very small sliver at any given time.

Just because you believe they are “overperforming” does not mean action is needed with respect to the whole game.

I mean, hunters and monks have been discussing it for weeks now and radio silence from blizzard and that is very worrying. And yeah it is hilarious that affliction warlocks get their nerfs reverted when they are a top performing spec. And even with ignoring the overperforming spec, why the nerfs to middle of the pack specs like MM hunters and WW monks? It makes no sense. These were discussed for weeks. Both specs were wondering if there was going to be any compensation for the nerfs and so far, nothing. So yes, again, it is terrible.

Also…what of underperforming specs? They too are also widely ignored.

And why the nerf to the MM hunter legendary Eagletalon’s Focus? Hunters theorycrafted a way to make it work and what did blizzard do? Nerf it to become worse than on live. But why? No explanation. Just flat out destroyed the legendary.

10 Likes

this game a joker

Windwalker and Marksmanship are not middle of the pack. They are right next to Affliction, and in the case of much content actually ahead of Fire Mage.
That’s the issue.

Its not black and white.
Don’t put too much thought into it, because its going to drive you crazy, and you will never convince Blizzard to do anything about it because they are basing things off a collection of data we will never have access to.

Either way, class hot fixes had been happening quite often for a while now.
This patch’s focus is on systems adjustment, not class tuning, it seems.

Realistically, most classes saw very few changes.

1 Like

They don’t want us to take breaks. Gotta push those metrics every week.

2 Likes

Run exploiter.
Condemn was very much so not nerfed.

It was likely a bug in the first place, and needed a proper patch to fix.
This is not how keys had ever worked, so no reason to expect it was intended.

I dislike this change here:

"The formula for determining the level of the first Mythic Keystone players receive each week has been adjusted.

• Previously, players would always receive a Keystone 1 level below the highest they’d completed so far in Season 1.
  • After this change, Keystone level will continue to decrease by 1 per week until players again complete a higher level Keystone.
  • For example, a player who completes a level 15 Keystone will receive a level 14 Keystone the following week. If they do not complete a 15 or higher Keystone that week, they will receive a level 13 Keystone the week after."

Now instead of steadily progressing on my 15s I have to successfully run one 15 and do a 16 every week otherwise I start getting 14s again. This is imo tiring because those 16s don’t give better loot than 15s and I have no actual intention of progressing further than 15, so the only thing this change adds is more work and anxiety for my group.

Edit: I think everyone who agrees with me could copy the “I dislike this change here” and the text block with the change, and then post it to show Blizzard our displeasure. It’s veryobjective feedback. We dislike the change, and my post explains why.

3 Likes

No, it was an intended change, otherwise they would have listed as a bug and not a formula change

Seriously? Next week? With the patch notes that we have so far?

Pathetic.

So many classes need help and this is what we’re getting for the first “tuning” patch?

10 Likes

I mean to say that the situation we have now pre 905 was not intended. This fix is intended obviously.

It was intended prior, or it would have been listed as “fixed a bug that caused M+ keystones to actually work in a player positive way”

2 Likes

Don’t put too much stock into words like that.
They never announced this change, and are changing it 3 months into a season.
What you think it was just some failed experiment they didn’t like?

They would have changed it week 1-2 if it was a bug.

I think they realized people weren’t running keys on bad weeks because it didn’t hurt them. They took something that was working out well for the players and reverted to an anti-player system.

6 Likes

They’ve adjusted keystones before without a proper patch. Stop covering for a horrible change. Just because it was “something we’ve done since legion” doesn’t mean it was good.

• Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae) can no longer cast Full Moon and Feral Frenzy for Guardian or Restoration Druids when engaged in combat with enemy players.

Yes it did :innocent: :rofl:

Whatever you say man.
You do know that the 9.0.5 situation is just pushing keys back to how they were all of BFA right?

You legitimately think that they made an intentional change that was obviously going to reward lazy play and they couldn’t predict that, only to then change it in an actual patch, despite having the opportunity to do so in hotfixes weekly?

Really, makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I like this change here: now players cant just sit on past runs , they have to actually play the game each week to get their 15 , ie actually earn them each week , which is how it should be

"The formula for determining the level of the first Mythic Keystone players receive each week has been adjusted.

• Previously, players would always receive a Keystone 1 level below the highest they’d completed so far in Season 1.
  • After this change, Keystone level will continue to decrease by 1 per week until players again complete a higher level Keystone.
  • For example, a player who completes a level 15 Keystone will receive a level 14 Keystone the following week. If they do not complete a 15 or higher Keystone that week, they will receive a level 13 Keystone the week after."
1 Like

Just because it was always like that doesn’t mean it was good.

No one asked for this to change back, it was a positive change going into the expansion that was very well received.

It makes absolutely no sense for them to change it except for that players liked it.

Its not about lazy play, it’s about not having to do a useless 16 to get a 15 every week, and skipping horrible weeks hurts way too much.

If there was no bad weeks it wouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

u mean the ability that needs to be interrupted once every 2 minutes, what more do you want it to be nerfed to? lol