[UPDATED JUNE 24] Preserved Contaminants and Legendary Cloak Updates

The very same people who rant the cloak are also the ones who aren’t in a guild because they can’t get in a regular Ny’loatha raid because they weren’t first dibs

1 Like

You see, you say it’s almost impossible yet every 2 full clears you do you get enough echoes to buy a vessel. I ran my friend in quiet a few horrific visions full clearing for him his cloak went from lvl 1 to lvl 12 in one day. So yes people can farm them like crazy if they want. As they should be allowed to. Dont ignore the fact that other catchup systems exist and work far better.

4 Likes

Before or after the cloak 1-15 nerf

Well you couldn’t buy Vessels with Echoes until after the cloak nerf.

So after I’d assume.

1 Like

Yeah I saw that Just now

In that case you’re wasting echoes on a good rotation

Ok so then its not actually a problem, why not just let people who have the currency on their alts just farm it out? I’ve been doing assualts on all my alts but I haven’t been doing visions due to focusing on raiding/m+/PvP on my main and now its a 3 month catch up?

6 Likes

If you were doing assaults on alts why didn’t you take the next step and farm visions at the Same time…?

Good ol’ time gating, am I right guys! Such a great feature of the game :cow:

23 Likes

Yesterday. that’s the point. It doesn’t matter when it matters now. His cloak will be 15 today and then he will still be miles behind. I will get him his aotc today. And he will still be behind. I cleared a 15 for him last night. The 475 he will get today wont be able to really wear it depending on the corruption. That’s the issue he isnt a bad player he had to quit because of real life reasons. He is back now but cant spend his free time to catch up as he wants. In expansions past you could do that. MoP let you get it in the same day. After they added the catch up systems.

Also for them to even think about wasting currency on corruption regardless if it’s good or not they need the corruption to get use them all. So it’s not a waste to raise the resistance to be able to use it all.

5 Likes

I think they will launch 9.0 before October but don’t feel so confident that shadowlands will launch in 2020. It just feels like they have too much to iron out before then and another bfa start is not a good option. We will see.
Shazam! :zap:

Because I have only so many hours to play the game and I still need to keep up with Raiding/M+/PvP on my main, assaults on my alts takes like 20min per character twice a week.

4 Likes

Yeah no lol

You couldn’t get your legendary mop cloak in one day and if you were in a pug, if your cloak wasn’t 4/4 you’re not on the first dibs

For something that is already capped by a weekly currency, it seems silly to limit it to two upgrades per week. I know I’ve got like, 6 weeks to go to catch up on my my main

10 Likes

No you could as I said when they added the catchup I did it on my mage in one day.
As well as the wod ring. Far better catchup systems.

2 Likes

It just seems unnecessary. Like I’m already wanting to grind Visions to farm both mementos and echoes, why limit it to one Malefic Core per week (for characters below cap)?

Should just be “farm until you hit whatever the current cap is”.

16 Likes

Catch-up was only if you still farmed mogu Shan vaults for the first legendary mat farm for example

You could have gotten chapter 1 done or something but not the whole chain in a day

And that is understandably frustrating. To an extend. A “grind” of a month or two to catch-up to characters that have been progressing for two years or so is no unreasonable.

As much as it would be nice for people to be able to play alts easier, enabling fotm rerolling in a day isn’t healthy for the game either.

2 Likes

The expansion is over, progression doesn’t actually matter anymore, in 6 months this whole system will thrown out the window, let us just have fun. Also I’ve maintained some of these alts all through BfA so its not like I’m skipping 2 years of progression.

30 Likes

The thing is though, it’s not just “grind for a month and you’re caught up”.

That’s just the Malefic Cores.

You need to farm Essences. (If your account doesn’t have them unlocked at least)
You need to farm Corruptions.
You need to actually level your Cloak, since you can only get Malefic Cores at R15.
You need to farm Azerite Pieces.

And you still need to gear as well.

I genuinely pity anyone who came back to the game in 8.3. At this point, they’ll catch up about halfway through Shadowlands.

35 Likes

Corruption rotation is terrible, make them all available all the time and remove weekly gating from cloak upgrades after rank 15 if you are behind current resist cap.

12 Likes