[UPDATED AUGUST 28] Prep Your Dragons and Mount Up for Kalimdor Cup

“Prep your dragons”, even though you arent allowed to use them, lol.

3 Likes

These races are awesome. I hope they add some that go thru the capitol cities. Iron Forge would be a lot of fun.

:+1:

3 Likes

I definitely wasn’t expecting so many races, so that was a nice surprise. Managed to get the entire mog, so now I just need to aim for the scripts I want. My favourite was Nordrassil Spiral, very quick and pretty course.

Weirdly I didn’t have as many issues with the ones people are mentioning, though I haven’t hit Gold for all yet. The one that took me the most tries was the Durotar one… goes right through the trees.

2 Likes

grrr :laughing:

Re-evaluate the future of the employee that designed Durotar.

1 Like

It feels like AQ reverse and ungoro advanced are both missing vigor orbs, it is exceptionally hard to keep up momentum on those races compared to others.

The trick is to use boosts as you move thru the rings. It will give you a faster boost than if you use a boost between the rings. :wink:

3 Likes

If I don’t care about the tmog or drake crap can I just buy the rep tokens?? That’s all I really want. :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Should the boost be done right in the ring or just before entering it?

It’s not that it gives you more speed, it’s that the rings are typically placed about 1 boost momentum’s amount of distance apart on a lot of tracks. It’s a rule of thumb but it’s not some objectively faster strategy.

2 Likes

its only up for 2 weeks for some reason, which is what i came here to complain about. we went through this with the mage tower before it was made permanent. why the hell are these events temporary? (rhetorical, i know the answer)

Maybe we’ll get lucky and they’ll rotate back around every few weeks.

This is my assumption, we’re getting to get them as blizzard finish them and then they’ll be similar to timewalking.

1 Like

Why the time frame though adding new races and trying to set up the tech on the backend for old world compatible dragon flying is fine but why the 2 week window and can we still do the races for the achievements outside the timeframe?

They should be obtainable when it rolls back around.

1 Like

Each piece of the Drake Racer’s transmog set costs 20 Riders of Azeroth Badges making it a total of 140 for the entire set.

2 Likes

Is there a way to choose which dragonriding mount we want to use for each race?

-EDarkness

1 Like

Yes! Nikolo was nice enough to post this yesterday.

1 Like

Thank you sooooo much. Whew. Makes this much more enjoyable for me.

-EDarkness

1 Like

I thought every time I thrust forward while going thru a ring I went faster and every other time I gained no speed. I must be going crazy. hehe