[UPDATED AUG 25] Dragonriding and You: Ascending to New Heights of Skill

[UPDATED AUG 25] Dragonriding and You: Ascending to New Heights of Skill

Master a new skill and learn how to make the most of your Dragon Isles Drakes in Dragonflight.

View Full Article

13 Likes

This is a long shot, but has there been any discussion regarding Druid flight form maybe being able to participate in dragonriding? Or having something similar to Soar?

Otherwise this is something Iā€™m incredibly excited for and I cannot wait to try it out. The videos Iā€™ve seen make current flying look boring.

11 Likes

Ngl, Iā€™m pretty hyped about it. Being able to customize your mountā€™s appearance and finding things through exploring. I love looking for hidden treasures!

I think stables in Org and SW are going to be for customizing your dragon too, at least thatā€™s what it seems like.

3 Likes

I wish I could be hyped for thisā€¦ but I canā€™t bring myself to be hyped for something that is so clearly and deliberately an attack on our ability to fly. This cynical attempt just rubs me the wrong way, particularly since itā€™s clear the devs are still spiteful at the playerbase for the fiasco of WoD flying. So I still see this as a disrespect to the playerbase and those that want to fly without a silly minigame.

35 Likes

Iā€™m still concerned how the ā€œfixā€ will be for people with motion sickness.

So far Dragon riding looks scary for me :frowning: I donā€™t wanna feel awful

14 Likes

I love it. Dragonriding looks like a breath of fresh air for flying which has remained essentially unchanged since its introduction. Yeah, old flying does have its perks, but I love that we can have this kind of variety.

I hope the system can be carried forward into the old world and maybe future content, and not just in the form of the Dracthyr Soar racial. Canā€™t wait to try this out!

1 Like

I like what Iā€™m reading so far, but I really hope thereā€™s plans to give interesting abilities to existing mounts in the future as well.

4 Likes

I kinda wish Dracthyr Soar shared vigor gems with your normal Dragonriding and got the same upgrades.

A dragon riding a dragon seems weird.

7 Likes

Alt tab noclipping from point A to point B is boring and too strong.

5 Likes

Will listening to the Danger Zone give us a buff?

6 Likes

Give Dracthyr Soar dragonriding D:<

10 Likes

The buzz Iā€™m hearing is that it is possible that if the mechanics of dragon flight are well received, Blizzard may look into how to retro-fit the mechanic. My suggestion to the player base is, if you like the mechanic, provide constructive feedback, and remember that WoW is the ā€œship of Theseusā€ of MMOs - and ā€œWoW 2.0ā€ is happening every expansion, and every patch (though we may not see the changes).

1 Like

I think that weā€™re unfortunately at the point where anything thatā€™s less efficient for most people is perceived as bad, even if itā€™s more fun. In the end itā€™s just efficiency and minimizing play time.

1 Like

A 950% flight speed seems efficient to me. Seems like a win-win.

2 Likes

I feel like itā€™s something that could be resolved with a ā€˜stanceā€™ option for your flying method. Like I havenā€™t even gotten to try this out and I can already tell Iā€™m going to have a ball with it as well as the obstacle courses.

1 Like

NGL your response comes off as a troll, youā€™re allowed to disagree. But telling me Iā€™m wrong because you think itā€™s too powerful is trolling. I respectfully disagree and see their actions as disingenuous and disrespectful. Please donā€™t project your opinions on others.

9 Likes

Becauseā€¦I think that flying is strong?

1 Like

PLEASE MAKE SURE the collectorā€™s edition dragonflight mount has dragon riding!!!

4 Likes

I hope the races are optional. This gives me flashbacks to Spyro and hating the race coursesā€¦ Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m terrible at them.

6 Likes

Iā€™d love for this to happen. Maybe they could utilize mount equipment for those who want the original version of flying, or vice versa equipment for people who want dragonriding. All I know is being able to perform those mechanics in flight form would be a dream come true for me.