[UPDATED AUG. 18] Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

Twitch streamer Interview, they said they had no planned changes for islands right now when asked about solo que’ing/flex que’ing.

1 Like

My question was whether it goes to 1% when prepatch launches or when shadowlands launches.

1 Like

Please keep Phenomenal Cosmic Power and Azeroth’s Champion in the game. Removing them is like removing the Soundless mount.

3 Likes

First, will you be boosting drop rates of certain essences? I’ve been running islands weekly since they were introduced. I have had Rank 3 as soon as you could and still have not seen Rank 4 drop once. Kind of sucks to lose out on something completely RNG that shouldn’t be removed to begin with.

Secondly, could we stop removing content? Stuff like this is dumb and doesn’t encourage people “to play within the time frame”. It just frustrates players old and new. Even more so with new players as they come back only to find out they couldn’t get something because they didn’t play sooner (some people weren’t even old enough to play the game at certain points).

I get that you want to increase numbers quickly before expansion end, but there are better ways of doing it that doesn’t irritate the player base.

15 Likes

how disappointing

7 Likes

I earned 3 rank 4s last month with the change. However (conspiracy theory), the build change in early July feels (and going by PTR data of multiple trials), doesn’t at all match with what I presumed to be 10% increase each time on each box. The base chance of the rank 4s however before the bad luck change looked like they appear to drop at a base chance of 8%. And then going by a rank 4 I got right before the change for rajani, and about maybe 4-5 boxes since then, I have seen that my chance at getting the holy essence was 24% on the ptr with 25 trials (a bit in a rush didn’t want to do 50 trials).

So and this can be wrong, the increase in luck from roughly how many boxes I’ve opened it, the increase in luck chance now is probably 4-5%. But yes obviously, blizzard should put out a real number for the increase. I am looking to get the last 3 paragon rank 4s (1 rajani and 2 mechagon) for completionism sake and would be really interested to know like you.

I do not see a date by which I need to try (lol) for the AOTC mount. Did I miss it?

Thank you.

:cookie:

2 Likes

One last question about the Islands, and probably Warfronts, too. Will we be able to clear all difficulties solo like Pandaria Scenarios, or will there need to be groups found? Also interested to know how PvP Islands will be handled…Gonna be hard to find folks to do these once it’s no longer current content. :-/

4 Likes

False uniqueness and a “special” feeling for those who have the objects and like to lord it over the others who either weren’t playing yet, or weren’t able to obtain them, even if the reason is something like…oh…“I was deployed”. Which imo is a stupid reason to remove anything, and they shouldn’t do it. sighs But it is what it is. :frowning:

4 Likes

Hey, blizz?

Stop removing things.

30 Likes

They never made the Legion invasion scenarios a solo queue , so doubt they will make warfronts a solo queue either.

Glad to see what’s what.
Personally I have no friends or guild so all that feels out of my reach.
But I appreciate the clarification on what is going out.

sept pre-patch
oct= sl launch

oct launch is best businesswise and to help curb the pandemic halloween unless yall want kids spreading it to ur homes

1 Like

Oh screw this. Just came back to the game but I guess there is just no point in continuing playing now. I dont know what the problem with you guys removing content from the game just so some under-validated people can flash these like “you see this? this is something you will never get hahaha” Always fun.

What is keeping you from putting these on the BMAH? Buying these for gold cap is harder than what the requirement for these are now. That goes with most removed-from-the-game items too I hate this elitist crap.

15 Likes

So what about Rank 4 essences?

Most notably the ones attached to season events like conflict and strife and the mythic 15 ones. If I were to get Gladiator, 2400 ranking, in shadowlands would I get a rank 4 essence in my chest with conflict and strife?

1 Like

4 months is a short time now? Feels like an eternity in this terrible expansion.

4 Likes

Good post.

Remember WoW the MMORPG which had expansions that expanded the content of the game? Now Blizz makes expansions standalone single player experiences with a fear of missing out angle by making a lot of content time limited.

Sad! :thinking:

9 Likes

Removing content has been in the game since Vanilla, though. That doesn’t mean I like it.

2 Likes

But it has ramped up with BFA. Very sad to watch! :thinking:

5 Likes

I appreciate the attempt, but we both know this is just a guess.

I’m looking for OFFICIAL confirmation so we have a solid date of exactly WHEN we will lose the ability to buy this mount.

3 Likes