[UPDATED AUG. 18] Time Runs Short: Battle for Azeroth

Bold of you to assume I’m buying Shadowlands.

:cactus:

1 Like

Why don’t you reactivate Legion artifact weapons and legendaries in the Broken Isles if you can reactivate the Heart of Azeroth in the BfA zones? Artifact weapons were a lot more fun than the Heart of Azeroth.

5 Likes

So, can I ask now why you keep tagging my posts while not knowing a damned thing about the original question I asked?

I want an OFFICIAL word, not your “guesses”.

THANKS.

The big question for me is will honor levels remain as we’ve earned them or will they he reset and the player having to re-grind them for a) duplicate (and unusable rewards which we’ve already earned or b) new rewards?

they wont touch honor levels…

there’s people with level 1900 honor anyway… :rofl:

1 Like

That’s good to know. I don’t mind grinding them out again (granted I only broke 30 today), but the idea of earning already earned rewards was somewhat off putting.

In HELL! We killed him.

yes I didnt earn anything for 30 levels and I’m almost out of the no reward zone… which I wanted to be before shadowlands.

BFA? Yawn
Shadowlands? yawn

You didn’t get the mount, title, and pennants?

you don’t get rewards you previously owned… :man_shrugging: you have to regrind all the levels but you don’t actually get anything from it if you already have it

That should entice folks who might be interested in trying this game(new players) that you guys seem to be trying to attract. Where did you get that cool mount? OR hey where did you get that cool title? No longer obtainable new player. Sucks to be you new guy :laughing: .I guess Pepperidge Farm still remembers the hundreds of threads when Battle for Undercity was removed after wolk. Removing content, and any rewards tied to old content is never a good idea imo.

5 Likes

No longer available…
Until we put them on the cash shop

1 Like

You can see who I’m replying to in the top right corner, and it’s clearly not your name.

I think we both know Blizzard can afford to lose players that quit the game because they weren’t high enough level to get a couple mounts/titles before they were removed. I don’t know the actual amount of people that quit because of that, but I’m confident it’s so small that Blizzard should never cater to that group.

Tiny text and tiny pic in an unexpected spot on the post. My bad. I apologize for my bristles then. Like another poster in this thread, I got dragged into WoW mid/end of Draenor, and was very disappointed to find several storylines gutted and broken, inexplicably. Some have argued that they didn’t want the rewards associated with those quests to continue to be available. There are two major arguments against this. First, these items are, as has been pointed out several times, momentos and keepsakes. They don’t break the game. So what if you suddenly have a “legendary” …that you found in Pandaria, or Draenor? (And in the case of Draenor, it’s not even a visible legendary.) It’s also an ancient, under-powered piece of tat cluttering your inventory, and if you’re lucky, you might come away with a mog skin. Those who played those events, at those times, got to enjoy the goodies at their full potency. So claiming that someone going back, to play through old content is somehow robbing old school players of some prestige seems fairly silly. BUT- my own argument is simply that I don’t care if I get a tatty piece of garbage ring that is outdated, and only mages could use anyhow. I wanted to experience the story. Running through Pandaria, I nearly broke my own neck running all over the place, trying to figure out how to meet this Wrathion dude, only to find out that- oh. You can’t. I mean, you can, but his storyline’s gone, even for rogues, and he has virtually nothing to say. THAT is a massive disappointment. So, take the loot away. Or nerf it to hell and back. But please, Blizz, stop breaking the stories just because they’re old.

6 Likes

Will I be able to use essence power outside Kul Tiras and Zandalar areas?

For example, using “The crucible of flame” to heal Valthiria in ICC?

Thanks

With this being posted, could we have some Quality-of-Life changes for the Mythic Azshara fight?

My suggestions:

1. Increase the amount of Rank 4 dropped in each kill (from 2 overall to maybe 1 to each raid member);
  2. Make the lockout for old Mythic Raids be character specific (like Heroic), rather than instance specific;
  3. Similarly to Mythic Jaina, add a skip to Azshara from the start or from Ashvane (since those two are the most wanted bosses in the raid)
2 Likes

[Edit: Apparently the system auto-deletes quotes as redundant if you just quote the immediately proceeding post, but the point I’m talking about as having been a good point was the point made by the post right above this one.]

This is actually a good point that really should get more discussion. It’s a real rarity to see something that is RNG getting permanently removed from a loot table. It means that people who actually manage to do the task, but had the misfortune of not having RNG luck on their side to be among the few raid members who got the drops, will end up losing out on the reward for good. The obvious analogue to how Rank 4 essences drop right now are mounts. But mounts don’t get removed when an expansion ends, they just get turned into 1% drops (and over time players are able to solo those old raids).

With Blizzard deciding that they will remove Rank 4 essences permanently, is leaving the Azshara ones as RNG drops - especially in such low numbers - reasonable? (What is it, like 2-3 drops per mythic raid? And many raid members actually have more than one Rank 4 essence because all three roles have a Rank 4 essence).

And is it reasonable to lack a skip? The fight is obviously much harder than Mythic Jaina. People looking for groups to tackle it will be saved to the instance ID’s clear to her because of how mythic raid ID’s work when there are dead bosses. That’s the exact reason they created a skip to Jaina - so that people trying to farm their Jaina mounts wouldn’t get saved to instance ID’s of groups that ended up unsuccessful in the week. And Jaina’s mounts aren’t even going to disappear, while Azshara’s Rank 4 essences will.

Back to the RNG nature of the drop - you’ve got another factor when it comes to this group challenge: Azshara is not current content, but still mechanically very difficult. Organized raiding guilds are not typically the ones doing Azshara (they’re normally using their raid nights in current content - Ny’alotha). Instead, Azshara is tackled by semi-guild organized events paired with PUG activity. (Instead of a guild using a raid night on it, a person in a guild manages to convince like 6-7 buddies to come to an off-raid night effort, and the rest of the slots get filled with non-guild members).

What this translates into is something obvious - PUGs who get their Rank 4 essences will often have little incentive to stick around, attending week after week, to assist everyone else in getting their own Rank 4 essences. This isn’t to say that people who don’t reappear are always acting scummy. Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren’t - often people join PUGs randomly on one night, the PUG didn’t ask for that kind of commitment, and they shouldn’t be expected to reorganize their weekly schedule around getting lucky in a random PUG one week. The main point is this: a lot of people’s chances at getting essences don’t improve from one week to the next, because as people in the group get their essences, those people disappear and new people have to come in to replace them. (And that’s not even taking into consideration that new people have to re-learn the fight, which reduces the chance of even seeing repeat successful kills).

Maybe the overall point about QoL changes for Azshara’s drops really deserves its own thread. But it’s a good point that was made in this one that there really ought to be some kind of adjustment to how these Azshara essences are handled. (N’zoth, if his are handled the same way, also ought to be adjusted - I know there’s a lot of focus on the title achievement, and N’zoth’s essence isn’t needed for the title, but the general fact of these cosmetics getting removed makes each essence worthy of consideration in its own context).

As the initial post I quoted said, a skip to Azshara is highly justifiable so that groups trying for these essences don’t lock people to raid ID’s (the exact same reason the Jaina skip was put in).

And the best solution (also mentioned by that post I quoted) would really just be changing these essences to reward one to each raid member (guaranteed reward) instead of handling them like mount drops (2 per raid). The mount-drop-like approach for these Rank 4 essences may have made sense initially, before Blizzard made the decision that they were going to remove these things permanently, but now that we know they’re getting removed, the out-sized role RNG plays is a really bad fit for an essence that requires killing Mythic Azshara.

2 Likes

So mechagon hard mount isnt going anywhere? Nice.