Update on Expansion progress?

Has anyone seen any updates (official or unofficial) on the expansion progress? Seeing as today was the “original” release date, maybe there’s an article, post, interview or something out there? Just curious as to how it’s coming along.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Wash you r hands. Wear a mask. Maintain social distance. Listen to science.

If there were, it’d be an official news post, and possibly the launcher too.

3 Likes

Correct. It won’t come from the Customer Support forum. Make sure you’re watching all sources for game news.

WorldofWarcraft.com

Twitter.com/Warcraft

2 Likes

I know. I was asking if anyone here might have seen, say, an interview with a dev somewhere that discussed the progress on the expansion. There might not necessarily be a post about it on the website. Or maybe a dev posted something on their personal tweeter page. Or maybe there was something “official” that I missed and someone might have been kind enough to link here. That’s all I’m asking.

I know, but I’m also posting for folks who will be looking at this thread later. Game updates don’t get announced by CS so I want to make sure they’re watching the proper places.

4 Likes

I guarantee, if there was a discussion anywhere about expansion progress, someone would have clipped it and posted it in GD, at the very least. The devs won’t use their personal Twitter accounts to discuss progress for an expansion that hasn’t been released yet, that would be done through professional channels, and there would certainly be updates on the blog. From there it would get posted to fan sites like Wowhead and IcyVeins, and would filter through to the forums very quickly. There would also be several YouTubers who have been covering beta progress posting videos on the updates.

Don’t worry, even if you missed something, thousands of others won’t, so as long as you keep watching the main areas people post (blog, forums, fan sites, YouTube), it will be unlikely you’ll be in the dark for long.

1 Like

Probably. But I thought I’d ask here anyway. Some folks here have their ear to the ground on this sort of thing. Hopefully we’ll see a little progress report in the next week or two.

1 Like

One can hope, but while today would have been the announced date, the original pre-purchase and widely announced date was “on or before December 31st.” And yeah, had there been any announcement I’m pretty sure it would be difficult not to hear of it because anyone and everyone would be talking about it or tripping over one another to be the first to announce it. Just have patience, we’ll have it soon enough!

1 Like

Yeah… Officially, that was the only info we had for a while. I still think mid-December is possible. I imagine they would love to be able to announce a December release date in mid-November for holiday shopping.

Hopefully we’ll hear some updates soon.

Yay… updates arrived! Thanks for the new info Blizz!! Very excited for the expansion. Fingers crossed that the time you took allowed you to get all the bugs worked out.