Update: Earthfury Pop Growing - Blizard is Listening! Come to our server, help EF grow!

My entire guild transferred, there’s about 60 of us. We came in with high hopes that people would transfer from Herod/Skeram. So far, that simply isn’t the case.

The server feels empty, worse than the end of Nost, Lights Hope or Kronos.
It’s nearly impossible to find any groups for Dungeons.

The largest Alliance guild “Scuba something” brought 150 over from Herod. 80+ % of their guild were between level 40-60. The entire guild made the decision last night to reroll on another server. Even level 60’s. This is very very concerning.

Blizzard - PLEASE consider helping us. We put trust in your transfer program, and did our best to help alleviate queues in Herod/Skerm. So far, this has worked for those realms, but as of right now everyone on Earthfury is bummed. Morale is low, most are even leaving Classic until a resolution.

Please move us to a Medium Server. Please give us an option to transfer to another server where we have friends. Give us options.

Please do not ruin our classic experiences and leave us all to re roll. We are all very excited for classic and end game. But for me, if I stay on Eathfury - it will ruin all for me.

I appreciate everything you’ve done for the Community so far. You’ve been very proactive. Please be proactive here

Thanks,
MB

edit: Guild Name: Scuba Cops

21 Likes

As a member of Scuba Something… I agree. my main is now abandoned on a dead server. It’s disheartening to have spent all this time on a character and then just have it go to a server that has a population, AT PEAK, of 500 alliance. I know we fudged up but even if you were to merge the new servers the population still would not be enough.

Allow me to pay to transfer to another server, just make Herod, Fearlina, Skeram all locked.

6 Likes

My guild did the same. Would greatly appreciate a resolution.
/bump

4 Likes

Earthfury is a barren server the community isn’t quite there and its really not looking good for my vanilla experience. I would have rather wait in que to play with people than play by myself and struggle through group content. The time i takes my to find someone is basically the same waiting in que. Re-rolling isn’t really a option just because of the time requirement to get back what I lost really isn’t worth the subscription to me.

5 Likes

This ABSOLUTELY needs blizzards attention. Merges need to be made available, transfers need to be made available. Let us not forget this is 99.9% blizzards fault with not only their mistakes on launch day, but each mistake that followed. They cannot leave those of us that moved to earthfury to die on a dead server. SOMETHING MUST BE DONE. this is unacceptable

11 Likes

Horde is on the same page. Near impossible to find a group for anything. Huge mistake transferring.

6 Likes

Ran into the same issue. Transferred over from Herod in hopes that a good chunk of the other people waiting in their 4-6 hour queues would come with, and ended up in a barren server. The major cities are empty and it is very difficult to find groups. Don’t want to have to start over again, just because we tried to assist in fixing a bad situation, which proved unsuccessful. This is supposed to be a social game. It doesn’t work if there’s no people on your server. We need an urgent fix for this, please merge with another realm or open transfers back up to a higher pop server…

6 Likes

Scuba Cops was together for years and years. We have all stayed connected since at least 2014, including IRL meetups. Now we are divided. People are upset. Some of us took a vacation just to level up quick and have abandoned our level 60 characters to reroll on Incendius. I am in the group that is not going to leave Earthfury and lose all the time I have put into my main character. Either way, it is a terrible thing for our guild to face. The divide it has created has made some people physically sick due to all the stress of trying to manage everyone’s expectations. When in reality, it’s not the fault of any one on Scuba Cops. Leaving Herod was absolutely the right call. If I can’t even go take a dump without checking remote desktop to ensure I don’t disconnect, what sort of fun is that? Being constantly aware of the queue and your status so that you can get the chance to play together. Even for those of us that are extremely dedicated and get to log in early in the day, what’s to stop a random DC while in a raid? On Herod, there are several scenarios that result in your day being ruined due to the queue. Leaving was the right call. But what choice did we have? Either reroll entirely, or take the Xfer to Earthfury. You’ve forced our hand, Blizzard. Please help us to reuinite and repair the divide that all these things have caused in our guild.

11 Likes

I was part of the guild Loot Goblins on horde side Skeram. Guild decided to transfer to Earthfury, even though this wasn’t a consensual idea or desire. Majority of us didn’t want to move but the decision was made. Just like me, others were having really fun on Skeram; as a tank, I was building my reputation and networking with plenty of players even outside my guild. But I moved to Earthfury because I wanted to keep playing with my guild.

This has been one of the worst decisions of my life. Server is dead, level distribution is all over the place bc population transfered from elsewhere instead of growing organically from lvl 1, you’re most likely to find rare spawns out in the world than players of your own faction, you can never find groups for any content you want, even SM meme raid runs aren’t a thing now.

It’s sad really, I really don’t want to leave my lvl 37 warrior with whirilwind axe, with almost 5h /played , on a dead server and reroll again. But the fact is I’m really not motivated to keep playing on Earthfury right now, whereas on Skeram I was playing non stop, with thousands of others playing in any zone I would go to.

Blizard, PLEASE do something about this. Let us go trasnfer back to Skeram (I would gladely pay 20 or 25 bucks for it), or merge us with other low/dead servers to make us into Medium. Anything otehr than this

6 Likes

Blizzard this is on your to fix.

We expected you had internal analytics that justified only having 2 servers transfer to Earthfury as you had another server that was set aside for Fearlina xfers. Seems like you only needed 1 server total and even then maybe that wasn’t enough demand for a new server.

You need to fix this. This is by far the worst screw up in the past 15 years of your history.

1. Either start consolidation of servers to make the new servers have a healthy population (at least 4k active players on each side during prime time)
  2. Revert back the transfers
3 Likes

This thread is a little premature, I’d expect the server to actually get some people over this weekend. It may still end up very low pop but you have to understand transfers are targeted at the more casual player who would not be willing to sit in a queue all day or use remote desktop etc.

After this weekend if we’re still an ultra low pop then we’ll know something else needs to be done. I certainly wish I waited to do the transfer since it was worded as if it was critical to do ASAP which it certainly was not since I could’ve got a lot more gold a lot quicker on Skeram than here for my mount but whats done is done, just need to see how the rest of this weekend goes and then evaluate what steps to take later

3 Likes

I dont think its been long enough to worry like this. But if Blizzard was to merge already, so be it. Even if I had a sought after name, I’d be willing to lose it to someone in a merge. Barrens is full of people. But some zones are pretty empty. STV last night had a good number of people on Earthfury, and grouping wasnt an issue. Curious as to what the server will look like in a week. People playing fairly solo on Herod, should make the leap and not live and die by the queue.

4 Likes

Run a census - there’s about 150 people on Alliance during prime time. About 200 Horde.

Blizzard I understand what you were trying to accomplish with the transfer but this doesn’t line up with previous statements.

You stated that you would start removing layers as quickly as possible, this should have been done on Herod and Skeram immediately when you opened transfers if only to artificially heighten the queue… you know, for long term server health.

I hope this is resolved quickly.

1 Like

At this point I’d be happy with any official response from Blizzard. If they have no plans to do anything I’d just like to know so I can cancel my sub and go play the new PoE league instead.

5 Likes

As a long time Blizzard customer, I really expected that you as a company were better than this.

After hastily following my guild to Earthfury from Herod, we quickly realized that we’d traded a lack of queue for a completely barren MMORPG experience.

It’s impossible to find groups, the auction house is devoid of anything useful and the social experience rivals that of talking to a wall.

I understand that I didn’t data-mine the server for it’s population prior to taking my transfer and ultimately this is my fault for trusting you wouldn’t allow a server to ever be this dead.

Please allow us to move these characters elsewhere as my guild has begun to reluctantly re-roll from scratch elsewhere.

Spirits are low, people are feeling burnt out already over the shoddy launch experience and guilds are being completely torn apart due to various unplayable experiences (queue / population related).

I know for a fact that < Scuba Cops > on Herod, Earthfury and now Incendius is not the only guild feeling these emotions over a game that we’ve been so excited to see launch.

Please, let us transfer our characters off this realm even if we must pay for it. We’ve had people in guild offer to fund the mass exodus which ultimately just means more money in your pockets at the end of the day.

And let’s be real here, at the end of the day we all know it’s all about that bottom line.

“Cash, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
C.R.E.A.M.
Get the money
Dollar, dollar bill y’all”

-Activision Blizzard

3 Likes

Just another development in a series of unfortunate calculations by Blizzard

3 Likes

I also left Herod and transfered my main to Earthfury. I didn’t really mind the queues on Herod but since all of my friends (besides 1) transferred I thought it was a good choice. Unfortunately I am regretting the decision since now my friends are rerolling on another server and there isn’t enough server population to group with others reliably.

2 Likes

Here to echo nearly everything said. Please merge all of the low population servers together, perhaps with another medium pop as well, or allow free transfers off of these server to other medium or high pop servers, while locking the full servers to new characters.

2 Likes

as i agree with most people here… its mainly the higher lvl people having issues getting groups that ive seen… but it still does suck going to major cities and it being empy!!

1 Like