Update: Cross Realm Trading is Available

I’ve been waiting to buy something specific off of the AH and I need to transfer my gold from one server to the other. The suspense is killing me at this point.

4 Likes

ive been waiting to send gear from one server to the next for transmog.

1 Like

Im trying to think of something being “Temporarily Disabled” for 2+ weeks in the history of WoW and Im blank.

Its just mind boggling how bad they are at communicating. Just say something…

5 Likes

“Temporarily disabled” apparently also means “We’ve got absolutely no idea how to fix this”. I’m half expecting the next cross server feature to open up a supermassive black hole in California that devours our whole reality or something.

7 Likes

If you need something specific that’s not incredibly expensive and that isn’t likely to sell within 1h of when you get to action (as in trying to buy it), you can get that done even without cross realm trading: you pick an item that is region-wide, usually stackable ones, you need to find something, usually junk, which only has a very low quantity and no one selling it for a crazy price, like 20k for an otherwise worthless item, you want to avoid those.

If you find a suitable item, you put it in AH on your home realm at low price and use a 2nd acc to buy it immediately on the realm you need gold on, if you don’t have a 2nd acc you need a helper to buy said item from you, then you or your friend puts said item in AH for a high price from that realm, the one you want the gold to get to, as much gold as you need + 5%, because there’s the AH cut that has to be accounted for.

At this point you buy it on your main realm, for example and within 1h the gold will get on the other realm, like I said, with that 5% loss.

Flippers have been doing this for a while, it’s sometimes easier to sacrifice 5% to transfer a big amount to a really bad realm at selling stuff than actually selling stuff successfully there and making a big amount.

What cross realm trading would do is save the 5% tax and the 1h wait for gold to come.

1 Like

Another thing that has “failed” is the entire return of T3, which still has different active posts regarding how badly this system works, perhaps the worst of all this is the response time that is so slow or completely non-existent in this regard, with Time Rift they took a long time to try to provide solutions, with the creation of T3 they gave a supposed solution that did not work at all and they still do not give us a better one, and with this trading cross realm we still know absolutely nothing, everything is you are managing horribly

1 Like

wowhead is reporting that cross realm trading is working again fyi

2 Likes

3 Likes

Yes, noticed, I tested it as well in eu and it works, only talking trading ofc, mailing isn’t on the cards for now, I’m surprised they managed to fix it during this unusual shutdown that happened for the eu (5h during the night, the day after the typical weekly reset maintenance).

On US it seems to have worked for a short time and then stopped stopped again. I’ve tried several times and just get “You may only trade conjured items to players from other realms”.

1 Like

Very strange, and worrying, I wonder if it’ll get disabled in the eu too now, in the eu servers only came back up around 2,5 hours ago, and it’s been working for at least 1h, I just did some basic item transfers, didn’t check any more since then, on the eu forums I don’t see any complaint so far, so I asked.

If it is indeed disabled, I’m glad I acted fast. Still, it’s a shame that they still might not have it fixed.

1 Like

guys its working again.

1 Like

Blizzard: “Oh no. SHUT IT DOWN! SHUT. IT. DOWN!”

Good to see it’s working again in the us as well, in the eu I tried now and it’s still working, so hopefully it stays like that now.

1 Like

Just tried and I can happily confirm it is working in the US. :partying_face: :partying_face:

Only certain realms, unfortunately. Some realms I can easily trade, others give me the conjured items error message.

Happy that it’s back, gonna utilize it as much as possible.

I’m seeing an issue with moving over some BFA crafted gear. The trade window just shuts down the moment the item is selected. I’ve been able to move over plans / crafted gear from other expansions without issue.

Cross Realm Trading was recently re-enabled. Thank you for your patience.

6 Likes

Thank you for the update!