Update : 58 boost (huge changes)

people who play retail and never played vanilla/tbc/wotlk era wow, would expect skills to just show up in their spellbooks/on their action bars. the tutorial clarifies how the game actually functions. if we’re getting boosted chars, a tutorial is likely a good thing.

2 Likes

As someone who plans to boost once this drops I think it’s a good thing. I don’t want to start at 58 with blues, just want a character I can start the expansion with as I do not care for classic.

I played it back in 2005-2006. I really don’t care to relive that for the 1000th time nor do I care what other people think of me boosting. I didn’t start enjoying WoW until TBC anywho. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just keep it as such.

1 Like

I mean I would bet most retail players also played a version of the game with talent points.

1 Like

Wasn’t it suppose to be “equivalent to” blue dungeon gear. Green or blue what matter are the stats.

Since boosted players don’t care about Classic content is it bad ?

How does it work on retail ? Can you use the expansion boost during prepatch or during the expansion release ?

1 Like

I think the community has made it clear how they feel about boosts. If this goes live I sadly wont be playing TBC, and that makes me sad, but I’ve always spoke with my wallet only.

This is what I did after playing Cataclysm for a few months, and never gave Blizzard another dime till classic wow came back out.

9 Likes

Not official that simple

What development time did they need for a game that was already made?

1 Like

Yes, most are in favor of it or dont care. Enjoy not playing tbc I guess.

3 Likes

You should check some stream on the beta.

They have bugs to fix.

1 Like

Why did they make a tutorial for new players? The game already has a tutorial.

Is this the part where we pretend they cant do two things at one time, or that they have different teams working on different things?

1 Like

People who be like “BoOsTEd PlAyERs WoNT kNoW HOW tO PLaY THeIr CLaSSeS” are now like “OmG tHis IS sO ReTaIl, THiS KiLlS ClAssiC!”

4 Likes

They might as well just call it a 60 boost when they have people start at 58.75 with max rested experience and how quickly 58-59 players level off of TBC quests without rested experience. Wtf even is this?

6 Likes

This is where you draw the line? Two levels that are, as you say, insanely quick anyway?

1 Like

You really saying that it would have ruined someones life to take an extra hour or two actually leveling from 58-60 starting at 0% with no rested? Already skipping 57 levels LOL

5 Likes

“It’s already quick so it’s fine” Yeah…

Just by this you can see how Blizzard try to please a type of players
“Ho no our poor customers will be few hours late from people who invested time in Classic”

At least i hope boost is only for TBC release.

1 Like

Show me where I said that.

Im not in the mood to pretend that was a coherent thought.

I love it.

2 Likes

You certainly implied it, just as Andycloud said with “It’s already quick so it’s fine.” This is literally just a glorified level 60 boost at this point, anyone should be able to see through this.

Blizzard, if you allow players to pay real money for ANYTHING in TBC, you are going to ruin the game. It’s not a matter of opinion. You will create a massive imbalance in TBC’s original design.

I know why you’re doing this, it’s pretty obvious. Store mounts are enticing because they “look cool” and provide players with a slight advantage. Character boosts, however, give a MASSIVE advantage to players and INCENTIVIZES BOTTING!!! The real reason why Blizzard wants to add character boosts to TBC is simple. They know the majority of boosts will be botting accounts. Botters know that they can make a profit off of boosted characters for every account they own and they can do it with minimal effort. TBC Tailoring, for example, can be maxed out at lvl 60 and it provides the player with multiple cloth cool downs that will maintain their value for most of the expansions’ phases.

Without getting into too much detail, botters will essentially buy as many accounts as they deem necessary to make a profit. Blizzard will ban some of these accounts, but not nearly enough of them to fix the problem. They will act like banning roughly 20% of bot accounts is a big success, while pocketing subscription fees from the remaining accounts to increase earnings numbers. It’s also very likely that owners of banned bot accounts will purchase more accounts if they are continuing to make a profit.

Conclusion, Blizzard doesn’t want to get rid of bots because it makes WoW look even more successful then it really is and it makes the company more money.

16 Likes