Upcoming World RP Event | Shadowlands Pre Patch

After becoming a Druid, Hotoh dedicated his life to mending the areas most affected by the Plague. Never in his adult life would he imagine the possibility of what could be next. Pinned to every major and minor settlement’s boards, Alliance, Horde, and neutral alike- is a piece of fresh parchment. Neat handwriting observed top to bottom with a blue cloven signature of the Shu’halo at the bottom.

The text goes-

This letter will seem frantic, hysterical, and unrealistic to most readers. For that I apologize. But I implore you to listen and heed this call. I cannot sleep, for every time I do, I see them. An outbreak of mindless, relentless undead ghouls, and in their wake, spreading destruction through all that we have worked so hard to build…and repair after the wars we have fought. I cannot make sense of this. I know this is hard to believe. But you must hear me. This is a call to every able bodied civilian, and warrior alike that is willing to give this old bull a chance to explain what I cant seem to even understand. Meet me. Meet me in the city of Dalaran. It is my hope that some of you have also had these confusing visions and dreams. Yes-this could be nothing but my dreams playing tricks on me. If thats the case, youll enjoy a nice weekend getaway in Dalaran.

But if it isnt…we. are. not. ready. Pray to whatever you believe in that im wrong.

Hotoh Wildmane

Alright Wyrmrest. This is the first meeting in a series which directly correspond to the Scourge Invasion in the Shadowlands prepatch. This is the ultimate world RP opportunity to fight the scourge together at a neutral location. Think about it. We have no idea if something like this is ever going to happen again, and because of that- many of us want to make the best of this. This will be a great reason for your characters to investigate Northrend and the Shadowlands once they drop. Dont waste this opportunity! And spread the word, as I am sure the forums is not the only place people organize events.

1. For this first event, meet in WotLK Dalaran (Crystalsong Forest). This first gathering will be held at Legerdemain Lounge. There are a lot of tables, seats, and room for anyone to stand. This is open to anyone and any guild. Bring everybody! This event affects us all.
  2. Next Saturday the 22nd at 5pm ST | 8pm EST | 10am Aussie time (AUG 23rd)
  3. Topics will include: Location we want to defend, civil protection, roles and responsibilities if anyone wants any, communication flow, etc. No limit!

Stock up on your Elixir of Tongues and come on out! Cant wait to see you all there. Fight the Scourge!!!

21 Likes

Sarestha Ravelle, Ebon Heretic, and Highlord of Lordaeron Unbound responds to the letter hastily.

Dear Mr Wildmane,

Some time ago I hosted a rally in the Eastern Plaguelands, at Light’s Hope Chapel, discussing these very fears. Whilst I am not privileged to see visions, I have long feared the growing darkness of the Ebon Blade as they operate in service of a new Lich King, going as far as to attack their allies during the Legion invasion. In addition to this concern, the apparent sudden surge in the necromantic abilities of my former Queen, Sylvanas Windrunner has been deeply troubling - I can only presume the Scourge and the Dark Lady are working together to allow death to wash over this world once again.

I have come to believe that the plethora of new Death Knights being raised into Undeath by this new Lich King, who incidentally now must swear fealty to him, were a precursor to a new Scourge invasion.

Your visions seem to be yet another piece of confirmation - evidence that the Scourge may yet rise again. This can never be allowed to happen.

I will attend your meeting, and offer what help I can. I too pray you are wrong… but the signs are becoming far too concerning to ignore. Alliance and Horde both now have armies that lie decimated after the war… just as the Scourge would want it. We must do whatever we can to prepare.

You have my support, Mr Wildmane. May the Light guide your path.

Kind regards,

Highlord Sarestha Ravelle,

Knight of Forsaken Lordaeron

((Sarestha’s predictions are of course 100% inaccurate, but ICly she thinks she’s thought pretty hard about it. And there’s no denying some of Bolvar’s actions have been dubious of late… :stuck_out_tongue: ))

8 Likes

(( I shared the link in Undercity United discord to see if anyone there might be interested. I might be able to make the meeting.))

Nos reads the letter and allows himself to wonder if this is the sign he has been waiting for. The Lordaeron reclamation venture was a good thing, but hunting Sylvanas has always been his desire.

First the Lordaeron Unbound had their discussion meeting in the plaguelands about recent concerns regarding Icecrown, now this. If the dreams have merit, if the past fears are coming true, them perhaps Sylvanas is near in claiming the crown of the Lichking.

Nos must find out more!

3 Likes

This makes my adrenaline pump. So glad I came to this server.

3 Likes

(Honest and perhaps stupid question: Is Dalaran still ICly above the Broken Isles or did I miss something?)

Not a stupid question at all. I guess last it was at the Broken Isles right? Where it went after that, idfk. Someone smarter on that might have an answer.

I honestly just figured it would be a super simple and relevant location that both sides could meet at.

My guild definitely role-plays that it is above the broken isles, the lore excuse we use being that they want to establish a relationship with the newly discovered Suramar city. And also help them recover from the devastation of the legion insurrection.

5 Likes

Malokh will be there as a member of the Ebon Blade, and hopes to assuage any discomfort some people feel about their recent activities. (Just recently got back into RP, and excited for the event!)

3 Likes

May I suggest an alternative Northrend location? The Argent Tournament would be very fitting.

Alternatively Broken Isles Dalaran still makes sense. We don’t need to go TO Northrend to discuss the Scourge.

3 Likes

EDIT: Nevermind, I thought this event was happening DURING prepatch.

Half way reading into the parchment the undead elf takes her clawed gauntlet, slams it on the Silvermoon board, and drags her hand across, tearing the latter and every other parchment as she walks away.

“I’m done fighting for the Horde and I am done fighting for the living.”

3 Likes

Hastily written, yet another letter is sent in response to Hotoh’s dire message; the penmanship is messy, but legible.

HOTOH,

Your fears resonate within my heart, as in these recent times I have witnessed my own fallen kin rising once more to fight another day. And while they seem to have maintained (most of) themselves and who they are, I can’t help but wonder what other horrors not bound by nature might soon come our way…

I will speak with a close companion of mine to potentially get another strong arm on our side should these monsters you speak of arise. Soon, I will make haste to the appointed location. If any supplies are needed, inform me as soon as possible; I have connections.

MAGGIE

On another note, I feel as though Dalaran would be a good meeting place even though it is located in the Broken Isles. The magical city has a past with the scourge and Arthas himself (didn’t they have a magic barrier up at one point to fend off the undead?) so there might be good resources there, ICly.

Also, not sure if Vulpera Death Knights are truly canon yet, but I’ve interacted with a few, so…?

1 Like

If they’re officially released, they’re canon for sure. Keep in mind, in the Allied Race DK intro, Bolvar is still the Lich King. The moment the prepatch hits he isn’t - he has no helm anymore, and the cinematic with Sylv is canon at that point… So new DKs: 100% canon, if that helps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Campfire stories thick with fear… that is almost all Z’kara knew of the Undead Scourge. Tale upon tale of death, undeath, and fleeting heroism.

Z’kara had never known the fear he had heard in those stories. His life had been that of constant battle… victory or death. Perhaps he had become numb to such things. Perhaps he simply never felt he had anything to lose.

That has changed.

“I will join you.” Z’kara said simply to his dearest friend.

2 Likes

Someone I know might want to join in but is uncertain they would be welcome. I assumed they would be, but they wanted me to ask for them just to be sure.

They play a Death Knight. Would they be welcome to participate in the event?

1 Like

I would just suggest Northrend Dalaran over Broken Isles. It’s surprisingly inaccessible to some players and machines. I know some people who if they have to port to Broken Isles Dalaran I don’t really get to hear back from them for several minutes or they don’t make it through at all because of the amount of stuff that’s going on there.

Northrend Dalaran does have a LOT less lag for a lot of people.

Yikes. ok. Well look, the important part to me is Dalaran. Its neutral and fitting. And I do not want to keep changing it back and forth. I wasnt really worried about where Dalaran was ICly. Just that we would be there. If Crystalsong is easier for more people and doesnt break the game, we will head there.

4 Likes

Yeah, leave it how you had it.

Now, is some of this meeting going to be OOC for organizing? Your post makes it seem all IC.

1 Like

Sunbear leans against the mailbox in Mulgore, reading the letter over and over. She takes a deep breath and pens a reply.

Plagueshifter,
I have read your words and I hear them in my heart, too. Many years ago when the Circle first asked me to head to Northrend, my heart was gripped with fear of the unknown. I met family, friends, and I fought for a land I did not know existed with the fervor and will of fighting for my own. I will fight again, protect again, and I will see the land healed with your clan and whoever else shows up.
Stay safe,
Sunbear

She nods at the reply, and stuffs it into the mailbox. The paper was crinkled, the pen had lost some ink during the writing process, and the envelope was less than ideal, but she had hope it would reach him. It had to.

2 Likes