Upcoming Tank Tuning - March 30

Fiery brand was already nerfed in 9.0.5.

We still have gaps in our active mitigation that make us weak to physical damage, we needed more passive physical reduction and while we got some, the gap just got bigger compared to other tanks. It’s like they got that part backwards.

All tanks should have gotten +5% to physical and VDH should have gotten +10% along with the magic reduction “fix”.

2 Likes

Jusy waiting to find the “bug” that makes holy pallys do more dps in M+ than all the other healers combined.

2 Likes

Look at the logs, I don’t think anyone, but you, denies VDH having large damage spikes when their physical mitigation drops. Do you really think Bears or BDK needed more physical mitigation?

9.0.5 already nerfed fiery brand and we still only have 1 viable legendary along with bottom-tier DPS.

2 Likes

the “community” you reference are behind the times like you. Look at recent logs and you’ll see everything he said is correct.

Yeah but when you can be 40+ yards away in 2 globals it really doesn’t matter - plus they have cheat death mechanics in M+.

For raid I doubt this will be an issue, considering they just single tanked heroic with 1 DH and a bunch of boomkins with no issue lol that 15% isn’t going to break them.

1 Like

I don’t care about your raid logs. In M+ your class dominates in every possible way. Every tank is viable in raid - meanwhile VDH dominance in M+ is disgustingly ahead.

Nah you are - thinking this change is directed at raid tanking. Most tanks are already viable in raid - this is clearly addressing how disgusting they are in m+ compared to all of the other tanks.

That’s pretty cool! Hoping my tanks feel a little bit more tanky.

3 Likes

my bear just became a god with this change and i see no reason to touch my VDH outside of mythic+ where i can plan my own routes and kite during mitigation gaps.

Thank you very much Blizzard!
I am soooooo happy!
You just made my day!!!

4 Likes

They said all OTHER tanks with that 10% buff. Not sure if they meant that or not.

I love this change! Thank you!

1 Like

yah but you clearly dont know what you’re talking about so i’m basically just arguing with a wall.

It might actually, if Brewmaster wasn’t so squishy it’s just as mobile as Vengeance. Could bring it up substantially.

What exactly was a bug? The math that others did to disprove the community post on WoWHead seemed to check out. VDH takes more physical damage but less magic damage, was that not by design? I’m just curious as to what exactly was bugged.

I do, actually. DH tanks are clearly currently on top - DH holds nearly 80% of the spots in the world 100 on RIO. They are on top by a big margin as well. Go roll a new meta class - you meta chasers always get mad when your busted class gets wrecked.

3 Likes

They take more physical damage by design, but their magic damage reduction was bugged and applying twice. Because so much of the damage is physical, this wasn’t really noticable until someone started beta testing the game.

1 Like

Data I’ve seen shows that 99% of tanks in the highest keys are VDH’s.

The issue is that it’s hard to tell how to answer the question, "Is VDH overperforming because of faulty design that apparently devs intend to do nothing about, or is there something else going on?

1 Like

Ayy, that’ll be a nice buff for guardian druids, having 10% baseline DR up from 6%… Now my alt Etam will have 17.5% DR at all times instead of 10.5%!

Oh, and please revert the game time change.

right?

this change comes the week after I FINALLY got the cheat death trinket

:confused:

glad I leveld my phial

2 Likes

So wait. For Prot Paladins are you going to increase the damage reduction of Devotion Aura by 10% or are you increasing the damage reduction of the 10s DR by 10% because increasing the cooldown amount for one class and increase the BASE DR of another class isn’t really balance.

1 Like