Upcoming Tank Tuning - March 30

Weird question - don’t bears already just laugh a bit at phys dam?

Anyway.

VDH also got 5% physical damage reduction as well.

Shhh, we needs moar! Seriously though, going to love that reduction to magic damage on my bear. THAT is a welcome change :smiley:

2 Likes

lol and none of this has anything to do with why VDH is the best tank for mythic+. Literally nothing changes except sub 10 keys and now VDH is terrible for raiding.

2 Likes

Nerfing DH’s.

Still doesn’t make up for all the bad press lately. But we appreciate the effort.

Another major issue has been bought to your attention Kaivax, but your bosses are remaining silent…

4 Likes

I disagree. There’s plenty of magic to mitigate, and they still have good sustain and great cooldown cycling.

While I’m all for them fixing the magic damage reduction bug this now puts VDH at the bottom of the tanks for raids.

VDH already had fairly low physical damage reduction compared to other tanks, this just increases that margin further.
VDH still has the lowest damage output.

If they want to balance it, they should give Prot Warriors and VDH a 10% damage increase and give VDH the same 10% physical buff as the other tanks (not 5%).

5 Likes

This was answered I think

It seems if people didn’t QQ and it wasn’t “up to 15% less magic damage%” then there still wouldn’t be a change because

What?! All of this is incorrect.

2 Likes

I mean, I guess you could say BDK are fairly low on damage too. Paladins and Druids are in a whole different league. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/26#class=Tanks&dataset=95

VDH without Fiery Brand legendary has massive gaps in mitigation uptime. The legendary is the only thing keeping them viable.

1 Like

My Prot pally is gonna be sweet. Maybe this will cut down on the VDH monopoly in higher keys

2 Likes

Thanks blizzard love the changes you guys make and the hard work that goes into them!

Yeah but this change isn’t addressing tank damage - rather just their ability to mitigate. VDH are leagues ahead of other tanks right now, sans maybe druid. That’s a big maybe.

Lol. Ok. So while you wait on tuning things, players just reroll.

So, its, tune specs and ‘force people to reroll’

Or

Dont tune specs and ‘force’ players to reroll.

Either way, it’s a reroll. The later just makes you look incompetent. I’d reevaluate your stance on this.

Btw, thank you for buffing tank survivability. Finally. Cant wait to see what it will be for bear.

1 Like

with the nerf to fiery brand and now this, there’s little to no mitigation during gaps and you can get RNG’ed on bosses like Xymox. Paladins mitigate magic just as well and with this buff they are definitely better then VDH. With the Sun king trinket out there, VDH’s are left with just their mobility and that’s near useless raids.

Not saying their not viable, just that they are the bottom now below all others for raiding. It’s a small margin but it’s enough to effect community perception.

Cool so lets look at covenant balance

1 Like

Prot Warrior and BDK threat is still janky, might want to look at that too. Just sayin’.

6 Likes

you have no clue what you are talking about

2 Likes

Sure the entire community is wrong, you’re right. Warriors were balanced in 8.3 as well, right?