Upcoming Item Level Increase

Since most of my day is spent working and studying, I can play the game for just 30 minutes to 1 hour per day. Thanks for presenting the point of view of casuals like myself.

We are not casuals because we don’t want to learn the game and explore it deeply, we are casuals because of life. And yet, yes, we like progression and we pay for the game as much as other players.

Keeping hardcore and casual players interest at the same time is a very difficult task for sure

2 Likes

Sooo the only raiders allowed to have a satisfying reward structure are Mythic raiders now? Until you guys hand out Mythic raid gear for pet battles, of course.

6 Likes

Will the 400 azerite pieces go to 405 when fully unlocked or will they be 395 and go to 400 when fully unlocked?

I am primarily interested because i’m slow leveling my priest and mage and for a while WQ stuff may matter since it will be useful to getting initial gearing done.

Perhaps some of my fairly geared toons will pick up a particular piece with better stats, or not.

Can ya’ll please please put weapon emmisaries for specs where I need a better set of weapons (thinking frost DK as an example) and like to keep options open.

Haven’t seen maybe two weapon emmisaries with useful upgrades in a long time.

I dunno about months but I wouldn’t complain if they gave me cool transmogs to unlock instead. Not holding my breath on it ever happening though.

2 Likes

Invalidating heroic raiding didn’t keep me interested in wow this weekend. It did keep me interested in warframe though. What progression is throwing onions at crows for heroic raid loot?

5 Likes

You have no evidence really about what kind of people are subbed to this game, and why they are subbed. In fact the only evidence we do have shows that far more people were subbed to the game during the time when it was more demanding of people, high-level rewards were difficult to come by, and pretty much only came from participating in end-game multiplayer co-operative content.

The game needs progression paths for everyone, absolutely, but there’s nothing to say it has to all be gear, there have been so many suggestions around making professions more meaningful, making cosmetic rewards more meaningful etc. Currently the game throws rewards at you - gear, mounts, pets etc. It makes it all less meaningful, and whilst it may give people a short-term hit, it doesn’t keep them engaged long-term.

You want to be careful that when giving that short-term hit in one part of the game, you don’t remove incentive to play another part of the game, as that’s just self-defeating. I’ve been playing since 2005, I can’t remember a time when I have been less motivated or excited by the rewards in game. Raiding used to be exciting. It’s still (kinda) fun, at least for the first couple of weeks, but it very rapidly becomes tedious because the rewards feel meaningless. I still do it, because I don’t only raid for gear, but I’m not excited about it like I used to be.

I also don’t agree with your point about noticing who unsubs. If all the raiders, high level PVPers and Mythic + players left, there would be barely any visibility of the game left. They are the people who create content about it, get excited about WoW news, create addons and run websites, and participate in Blizz’s e-sports etc. If they no longer play, the game might limp along for a while, but ultimately would die a slow death as it faded into obscurity.

4 Likes

“Once the update is live it will affect active rewards like the Emissaries, so you may want to plan for when you will turn those in.”

But, if you don’t turn them in they will disappear on you. That’s kinda confusing.

Well if the emissary is expiring on Tuesday reset (or before that), yeah. Turn it in now. If it’s not expiring on reset, hold it until after reset.

The ones I did last night (Sunday) I held, and they are gone today. I just kept the quest in my log and didn’t turn it in because it auto-loots. The quest is now gone. Just fyi. There’s another today and I’ll see if I can turn the auto-loot off and save the chest, maybe that will work.

@Bornakk: Thanks man! Always good to see you.

@Complainers / Haters:

You people complaining about this should just do the community a favor and leave. The news Bornakk gave was very welcomed, and people nay-saying his post and claiming “they are worried about the game with this change” is pure nonsense. Your the same hypocrites that sit in Group Finder and only invite I-Level 400+ players because you want to zerg Champions of Light rather than heed mechanics.

Blizzard really needs to reconsider allowing inactive subs to post here, and that should go ditto for the Classic Forums. If you aren’t paying a sub, you should have no right to comment on the state of either game, neither of which honestly speaking are that badly off. There might be some issues, but it’s not as much of a mess as the rhetoric would lead one to believe. WoW is actually pretty fun these days.

I get it, half of you think you are the developers of this game, that the Devs must kneel to your every whim, and that your fix / nerf demand of the day is “the” solution. You have been saying that for 15 years for the record.

Leave those who enjoy BFA / Classic alone, and go play FFXIV, ESO, or something.

1 Like

So let me get this straight, you want to play Classic but you’re all for mindless/skilless task like WQs rewarding ilevel equal to that of heroic raids/high tier m+/rival range PvP?

Did you forget how much farming/grinding you had to do to access raids in Vanilla? Did you forget how much community was necessary to access content? You’ve gotta be kidding me, Vanilla is the complete opposite of casual.

Get a grip dude, I’ve played this game since 2004, I’ve never seen the game so unrewarding it’s sickening, let me give you some examples:

• No tier sets
  • No challenge mode sets
  • No unique PvP sets
  • No/little outplay mechanics in PvP
  • No class identification
  • No class depth
  • No skill gaps
  • No PvP Vendors
  • Overly simplified rotations
  • Maledict Trinkets
  • PvE absorb trinkets/items in PvP
  • PvP gear being awful in PvP

Do I have to go on dude? The game is in such a poor state because folks like you don’t think about the opportunity cost and consequences of making the game easy. WoW has lost SO MUCH of it’s “core” that made it great in the first place, and you want to play VANILLA? Lmao what a joke, you telling folks to go play FF14, no they’re not the problem, folks like you are.

Folks that:

• Want to be handed loot for free
  • Want to do mindless/skilless objectives and believe it should reward the same as a task that’s at least 10x more difficulty
  • Want solo content in an MMO
  • Want less CC and Utility in PvP
  • Want more simplified class rotations
  • Want access to legacy transmogs
  • Want zero/little class depth

How are you going to say you want to play Classic but are for these “lowering the skill gap” choices the devs have been making?

The game is not getting any new players, if anything they need to start catering to the veterans who love the “core” of the game because they’re the ones that will bring people back or set them up with an account. Guess what though? A lot of them are quitting/have quit or are disgusted with the current accessibility and like of reward system/depth in the game currently which is why there’s such a huge cry for Classic atm (Also why I find it ironic you are for Classic but want these changes)

Here’s a little hint for you and the rest who think these are good directions:

It’s not, and it’s killing WoW every expansion. The game used to be unique because it had so much depth to it, that is no longer a thing.

10 Likes

They are merely following the zone scaling idea; keeping world content “relevant”, even though it’s just as natural for things to become irrelevant after a time.

Lacking D E P T H.

Leave then. Or is your addiction such that you can only whine and whine again while feigning victimhood? You seem like you don’t like the game. Why are you playing if your not having fun? Why are you paying for a product you dislike? :thinking:

That’s all that was needed to respond to your lengthy… “post”.

Preachhhhhhhhhhh my friend PREAAAAAAAACH.

That’s all you have to say in response huh? “Leave if you don’t like it” most typical “I have nothing to say and can’t respond well to criticism” response ever.

Keep begging for “lowering the skill gap” choices my dude, sure has been doing wonders for the game thusfar.

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

No. I don’t actually plan to play Classic again. It was fun the first time. That’s all 90% of the playerbase will find as well. As for the remainder, of your statement, I’m sorry but I found your post to be just an insubstantial pile of whining.

Much like you claim to be, I am a first year WoW player. And yet… strangely I disagree with almost everything you state. If anything I feel most of the game is on the whole an improvement over where we started in 2004. You can disagree with that, but that doesn’t make my opinion any less valid than yours. But by all means, keep ninja editing while that window lasts.

Plus my core point remains. Why are you paying for something that you dislike? Do you lack the capacity to quit? Just a honest curiousity. I never have once said the game was free of flaws, and if you could drop the rhetoric and speak in a more coherent manner, I expect we could find commonality.

I do think the game has some issues. But it is nothing as doom and gloom as 99% of the people on these forums claim. To be sure your post lists a few points I could agree with, such as Class Sets. But please don’t cite such ridiculous things like class depth in Classic when some classes like Paladin were auto-attack / judge / seal twist. That detracts from your entire argument.

I disagree with you also about the claim “You just want access to legacy transmogs”. I earned on my Warlock the right to transmog the High Warlord Set, in the original Honor system. And I have 0 issue with someone else achieving it.

I likewise got Challenge Mode in Pandaria, did MC, BWL, AQ and Naxx at original difficulty. You should be more wary about leveling claims you have no way of proving at people with divergent opinions.

*-( Same deal as other post. Cutting it down so as not to detract from thread.)

1 Like

For starters criticism != “whining”, also you claim you had HWL in Vanilla yet I see 2011 Grunt and 2012 First Sergeant? Hmm ok. :joy: If you want me to be a “rude” fellow, I could simply go on about my achievements in comparison to yours but I won’t.

As for me “claiming to be”, I also raided up to Naxx in Vanilla. Ninja editing? Boy, I have nothing to hide or “edit” I already said it how it is.

Go look at games like Diablo 2 in comparison to Diablo 3 and tell me why people prefer Diablo 2 to 3, here’s a big hint: depth.

Disagree all you like, but in comparison to BC/WoTLK, this game’s depth is pitful and no class feels different at all, every playstyle feels the same there is no uniqueness left with class depth.

I’m not being elitist, as I said earlier I could be elitist if I wanted to be by stating my achievements in both PvP and PvE but I didn’t because again, I was trying to be constructive as to why rewarding easy to do task like WQs Heroic raid loot is a bad idea. The game doesn’t feel rewarding saying it does is just lying to yourself.

If you don’t want to listen to me, take it from Bellular he nails it in this video:

Also take a look at this video about what lowering the skill gap does:

Maybe you’ll understand it from others rather than some random on the forums.

Have good one.

3 Likes

that’s weird because last i was on late this morning, i still had my turn ins showing the golden “?”
no telling…

It is to help people like you come back to the game and be able to actually participate in content. It is a good thing, for when you come back.