Upcoming Item Level Increase

my honest opinion on all of this is that the ilvl plateaus are too low/close. mythic raiding and say m+15’s and higher should be getting gear that’s unobtainable in ilvl comparison because it is that hard to get. from there, the rewards should stagger so nothing from a lower bracket can be a higher ilvl than the baseline reward of the next step.

it’s ridiculous for people to think, “i deserve mythic raiding gear even though i don’t put in the time nor work.”

4 Likes

This really needs to happen. You have MvPs on here now who aren’t playing and give game advise when they don’t appear to know what they are even talking about.

Too many people are giving feedback on things they really don’t know anything about and it is mostly because they just plain hate the game.

3 Likes

i thought they were supposed to be locked out, with the exception of the “classic” forums group.

i had some hunter arguing with me about something that was current like 5 months ago… and he was arguing like it was still current. come to find out, this was the reason why - he was unsubbed for months.

1 Like

They were but there is some bug they never fixed which allows people who never logged out to keep posting. Long past time they fixed it.

1 Like

oh yes, i remember hearing about that now. all blizzard would need to do is close it for a bit, and make it to where you had to relog again… sort of like a timeout.

As someone who cares only about pvp, the sad truth is Blizzard has made it entirely clear that pvp and its players are not a priority of theirs. The game is highly focused on pve content. Pvp is an afterthought. For those of us who love and only focus on pvp, these are the cards we have been dealt.
No new content, lower ilevel gear and no vendors and a pathetic gearing system.

3 Likes

PVP has always been an afterthought. In the past there were definitely more ways to progress your gear strictly through PVP, and there were distinct rewards, etc but this game has always been PVE-centered with PVP sidepiece. It just became unavoidably clear when they removed PVP realms and gave us the atrocity of only-when-I-want-to-PVP warmode.

3 Likes

I’m still actively playing, I’ve just not changed my posting character in ages.

The gearing system in BFA already made it extremely easy to minimize possible rewards from current tier raids on Heroic, this just guts the reward system for Heroic guilds even more. Why should something that requires next to no effort reward gear on par with a Heroic raid? That’s asinine and well outside of precedent.

If you’re thinking “well people will do it for the fun of it!” how many people are still running Uldir? Not many I shouldn’t wonder. There’s no point to it, and that’s where Normal/LFR is right now. Below the water line of gear upgrades from the world, and therefore entirely irrelevant to even people who want to do that content.

As it is a guild still progressing in Heroic BfD (and the average guild probably still is), this gear doesn’t help them. They already faced the irritating reality that whatever might drop isn’t going to be a big help to them. Now after Tuesday their effort is equivalent to drawing some triangles for the turtles.

3 Likes

Your pointing out two separate achievements that you selectively sought out Hordeside. My Warlock was originally an Alliance toon which was later moved Hordeside, and Alliance-side on least 2-3 separate occasions over the years.

That I have ‘any’ achievement after the amount of faction changing I’ve done over the years, is quite frankly a miracle. But I do have what matters, which is the ability to mog High Warlord, and that was something I earned in Classic.

*–(Cut this post down significantly, as I don’t want to inadvertently derail.)

It would be nice, wouldn’t it?

So emissaries give the same reward as m+10 keys?

Does this make m+10s useless?

3 Likes

Thanks for making me laugh with this off the wall comment.

You can’t even take MVP’s seriously anymore.

So when are the Azerite Armore Caches to suppose to update? I logged on and its still 385. Also it expires in an hour…=/

Is your item level high enough to scale to 395/400? If so, I would try logging off and back on. If not, they should change by 8am PST (the official reset time for emissary quests).

it’s not even reset time… didn’t the post say “when the update goes live”? reading comprehension is hard in these entitled times…

1 Like

Some world quests are offering 370 gear, the update is already live.

should i do them now?.. they seem to have updated on my realm, but it isnt reset yet.

emissary caches reset/load at server resets… 10am central for me.

Emissary still listing 385 at this time for me. I am just asking for clarification since “When the Update goes live” is rather ambiguous, others have stated it is live or update at 8AM PST yet I see WQ offering 370s when I logged on at 6am this morning…