Upcoming Item Level Increase

You think it takes 5 minutes to do an emissary ? How long do you figure it takes a fresh 120 doing only world content to get a 385 emissary ?

When you figure that out come back and we might be able to have an intelligent conversation because right now if you believe what you said you are incapable of having one.

Thanks for the info.

It takes about a week or so…

Proof… this toon, I can guarantee you it will be 385 on tuesday and it’s been 120 since last saturday and I have no guild or help on the alliance side.

And I didn’t raid.

1 Like

You are doing mythic dungeons - you aren’t doing just world content.

It is no surprise to anyone that people doing mythic and mythic plus dungeons can gear up fast.

You are playing the wrong game it you’re not doing dungeons, raids or even pvp.

World content has already been there to gear up for those. By making it drop too high level items you are making that content boring and no fun by being too easy.

So… what’s the point?

1 Like

I guess blizzard thinks otherwise since they are giving people like me gearing routes.

Dungeons and raids are boring to me, funny how that works what you may find interesting/challenging, I find tedious and boring.

1 Like

Also explains why so many people who have a pulse are quitting. I mean, why even bother at this point? Just wait a month and you’ll get everything for free anyway.

3 Likes

Any chance of ilvl updates for Warfronts? Still catching up on transmogs from Stromgarde and it would be nice if the gear wasn’t a bit useless, if only for fresh 120 alts still farming up ilvls.

2 Likes

I honestly dont like this. The gear feels bad when it is just made stronger later. Id much rather do wqs to get into different dungeon difficulties then raids. Let me guess the dungeons will be scaled up again for this.

Whats the point of having difficulties when they are just changed.

2 Likes

Wha? If these rewards are scaling that high on your character, then you already have much more than a 350 iLvl, yes? All this does is make raiding even more irrelevant. This is giving out heroic raid level loot for daily quests.

3 Likes

its mostly designed for alt/returning/new player catchup. If any of these changes affect you at all on your main then you are are one of the things i mentioned. Anyone who has been at least a month at max level will already have 90% of their look 400+ just from heroics, and the free gear you get regardless.

Lastly the emissary quests are not common enough to make you just completely ignore heroic raids and the loot is still very RNG. you will at some point get duplicates.

I’ve only been able to play casually this expansion, so I’ve appreciated the availability of quality gear that’s not too hard to pick up.

I actually remember the old Vanilla days, in which there was exceptionally little gear and not a ton of it was good either, there just were no other options. I don’t miss that.

Still, I feel like the line between casual and Raid-level / Involved PvP gear has gotten a bit too small. I still thinking all these things should scale with patch releases, but the gap between a casual piece and something from New Raid on Normal, Higher Mythic Dungeons and Something PvP High End Whatever should be significant.

I’m happy to see a new alt able to reach an average item level of 380-something in a week, but it’s weird to look down at the items from the current LFR raid as now being too weak in most cases.

2 Likes

The whole rewards structure is extremely wonky and pieced together poorly.
While not boosting anything in raids, M+ or PvP you increase these particular rewards under some guise of people being able to LFG for two new bosses in raid finder better?

I will probably run the gear treadmill, but it’s strange to up rewards for one play style and not others.

Fix weekly quest rewards while you’re at it too please.

2 Likes

If they could accumulate gear from sitting town and talking nonsense garbage in General, they would. They’re the people sitting at the bank 8 hour a day complaining they don’t have 35 minutes to do a mythic.

Can’t wait to see the graveyard that Retail will become this summer with Classic.

2 Likes

You mean without doing rated PVP?
Wouldn’t this invalidate anyone who keeps high rating and is already getting 415s?

I agree with your sentiment, but it with whatever way one may view this, there will be groups which will feel invalidated.

This was the same at BfA launch when people were doing Mythic 0 to get 340 gear, and then wqs item levels went up in the next patch, and even the release of warfronts.

In addition, I don’t see a reason as to why players with higher ratings shouldn’t be excluded from this item level increase. If it’s the same trend, with non azerite pieces being bumped by 10 item levels and azerite armour bumped up 15. It is a slippery slope, but if I know PvPers, I would hope they would want more and more players at a more even playing field so that competitive play always come in to fruition.

My original post was meant to address that non-rated PvP will be woefully behind the new item level increases. 1 item per week isn’t going to compete with those that run daily mythic + dungeons, heroic or mythic raids, or even high rated PvP. My post was meant to address the end of cap (500 conquest per week) reward system.

Its kind of frusterating because i have a few toons that i regularly do 10+ keystones on and only last month i started getting into running them as a substitute to raiding. Now it feels kinda crappy that the ilvl of mplus isnt being boosted. Anyone else feeling this way??

1 Like

I miss my cloth with defense rating on it!

Agree 100% with you. I had a great time pushing for realm firsts back when I raided seriously and doing the gear treadmill but I am casual now due to being unavailable for most raid times as well as burned out physically (high stress night shift job) and burned out on healing (nursing IRL is enough for me). I play for fun now and I was okay with doing pet battles, old dungeons and archaeology in 340 gear. I’ll take it though and glad it’s available to catch people’s raiding alts up but… I feel strange about it.

2 Likes

Increase item level of raids too. It’s kind of absurd that this change basically deletes normal mode BoD and also makes Heroic barely worthwhile vs the challenge of coordinating say 20 people. Barely any of the WoW population is a mythic raid leader pro, so the difficulty of clearing BoD is nuts compared to the reward level even on Heroic.

Oh yeah, and heroic Jaina should drop 415 loot and mythic Jaina should drop 425. The level of challenge is insane on this boss compared to the other bosses in the zone and it’s definitely not worth it for 400 loot on heroic mode >_>. The final boss USED to drop higher ilvl loot than the rest of the zone to compensate for the challenge, at least in some previous expansions – have the designers forgotten about that with BFA?

7 Likes

funny how doing quests make me feel the same way, yet i do them when needed…

1 Like