Upcoming Item Level Increase

Please incorporate raider.io directly into the game because you just made it mandatory.

Not worth risking a key, regardless of level, without it. Handouts galore mean io score or bust.

6 Likes

Yeah. Ilevel will be made even more meaningless. There will always be an exclusionary metric because some people are simply just bad at the game.

I’m convinced this change isn’t directed at raiders, but the more relaxed players. Blizzard has metrics on the number of WQs done, and they can bump up player activity in the game by increasing the ilevel. This is really bad and short sighted, as many people has said, its cannibalized the game’s content and its not even the end of the tier.

2 Likes

Agreed.

PVP item level needs to be increased as well as it is the half way point of the season and to be invalidated seems fundamentally wrong.

4 Likes

10 weeks x 500 = 5000 conquest points to reach 400 ilevel rewards in PVP only to have it handed out via emissaries.

This system is broken.

7 Likes

this is one thing that’s making me laugh about this whole ordeal - these idiots wasting gold to buy a carry. i never did have respect for anyone that does this… and now, it’s funny when i see those WTS spams in /2.

Don’t let the door hit you…

Won’t be missed…

Why bother posting?..

You make me laugh cause most people already saw pvp as the worst possible source for gearing…

I got a piece of cheese for your whine…

Life is short, go outside more…

Long live Ming…

White gravy is best served on fluffy country biscuits…

Bananas are good for potassium…

Klingons smell…

Zork II was better than Zork I…

Man who stands on toilet…

Gets high on pot…

I can’t wait for Taliesin and Evitel to cover this in the weekly reset. Because we all know what this is, obviously.

2 Likes

Looks good! Thank you for not making us buy carrys or only do raids for gear.

This way you get rid of the leeches that sell carries and people that pvp can gear up without having to do heroic / mythic raiding.

A move in the right direction… notice everyone that does these raids are upset and trash talking your game? Ya… why cater to them? Make them obsolete. We don’t tell raiders how to get their gear, why is it they love to tell others how to get theirs?..

Raiding should not be the only way to gear up. Simple.

4 Likes

Raiding isn’t the only way to gear up at all. What do you mean ‘to gear up’? Gear up for what exactly? To do the things you don’t want to do in the first place? Sorry to say A WQ casual 370-380 takes about 2 weeks and is geared up for normal BoD.

This is the right direction? You don’t want to do arenas, rated battleground, mythic 0-10+ either… What are you gearing up for that isn’t possible after weeks of nerfs to BoD LOL?

5 Likes

I got ilvl 400 from emissary equipment, I was like, “Whoa! That’s rare.” It’s a special moment for me.

Until I read this. :disappointed:

What about timewalking, that starts in a week, any chance iLvl for that going up by 10?
And what about horde/alliance invasions?
I prefer do both of these on my alts more than even more WorldQuests.

1 Like

I think we need to start calling this what it is. A single player loot treadmill mechanic.

It would be a catch up mechanic if it happened after the content your catching up to was in game. Not a month or more before it’s in.

Blizzard needs to start asking why people stay. Because single player loot treadmills that get you to the same place as raiding erodes guilds over time. Why bother wiping 30 times learning a boss if you can just go kill 10 bears a few weeks later and get the same reward.

So guilds die out and you put in more single player treadmills that erode guilds that…

You need to encourage people to be forming normal raiding guilds with better social tools and a reason and purpose to even do that. Not by making such endeavors pointless.

12 Likes

What about arenas then… ilvl seems low

4 Likes

I’m saying if someone wants a skilled player and can learn what to do rather quickly and not wipe a raid and contribute to the group, they certainly should. But if you want the 425 who has been carried through everything in WoW and will die on the first puddle of fire on the ground despite having a 415 item level, well, you do you boo.

1 Like

Giving people alternative ways to get gear is not trashing your progression. You still have the same raid progression before and after Tuesday.

Maybe it is time some of you guys need to change your way of thinking if you figure no one else should get gear.

1 Like

Do you 100% promise not to stealth buff all the creatures in the game as you have in the past when you talk about ilvl? The ilvl scalling might be one of the worse decisions this new dev team has made in the game. It sucks being max level and you have less power than a new player.

1 Like

What about Mythic + content? What about battlegrounds and arenas? Why is there still no PvP vendor?

7 Likes

I’m looking forward to these changes. They will, once again, make world quests, emissary quests, and AOO worthwhile for many people who do them.

2 Likes

393 is not high at all. This isn’t 8.0 lmao. I’d insta-decline 393 for my +8s, forget +10s

Also a great change if you want to change main.

2 Likes