Upcoming Item Level Increase

Thanks for killing heroic raiding guild, i hope every guild in the future is nothing more than bank alt guild.

Great decision, proud of you :ok_hand:

8 Likes

While I agree that I hate when this happens at the same time it’s really nice for alts and new characters. I just hit 120 on my new Mage for example and this will let me get into the content I actually want to do much faster.

3 Likes

While I do appreciate catchup mechanics so I can get my alts into content that I want to do, I feel like this does make the rewards from the content I want to do feel less important and special.

I don’t think this would be as big of a problem if rewards from challenging content had something that differentiated itself from the casual content. We don’t have set bonuses from raid gear anymore, and PVP gear isn’t any different from PvE gear… so why?

Ion has said over and over that 15 ilvls is the point at which an upgrade feels meaningful. But with these bumps in power, heroic raiding and +10 Mythic dungeons have a 5 ilvl increase over casual content, and nothing else that makes them special. Just an unnoticeable stat bump.

The special effects in CoS is a good start to correcting these problems, but there is such limited gear from it, and almost all of it has some sort of negative side-effect that it doesn’t make it appropriate for general use.

6 Likes

Nice!

I can finally catch up to all the people that buy mythic+ carries with gold!

1 Like

so Blizzard didnt learn from this yet? You are making the heroic raid pointless to do since people can do WQ and get the same ilvl without having to learn fights or wipe

1 Like

I’m sad that I spent 10 weeks capping Conquest on 5 toons to FINALLY get those 400 ilvl rewards, and now I may as well not have bothered; I’ll be decked out in forged emissary etc quest gear in 2 weeks.

And my saving 10 weeks of Quartermaster Coins will still let me upgrade a piece of 385 gear to 380 (not a typo), unless it’s Azerite gear, in which case I can upgrade my 385 gear to 370.

I’m going to play a single player RPG from my STEAM library now so I can enjoy some character progression. I might be back later. Maybe.

P.S. Sorry to everyone I killed.

9 Likes

What will this do to M+2-9? An M+7 Tyrannical/Grevious week will give worse gear then a simple emissary?

I don’t understand this gearing system.

6 Likes

Yeah, not a fan of this. I bust my butt to gear well enough to clear content. Still haven’t even cleared H BoD yet (I am in between raid teams atm and hard to get in a pug with no proof of my actual skill). And now, the guy that logs in once a week for 20 min can get the same gear I have worked so hard to get. I find it invalidates the work folks put in to clear heroics/m+. You should have waited till next raid tier for this, or maybe make it to where you can only get the higher rewards if your main has geared that far.

7 Likes

While I’ll still welcome it for my alts, it’s not good for the game.

We had this discussion before, where in WoD when you could get Normal Highmaul gear just from the mission board. You (Blizzard) decided this was a bad thing and so the later raid missions offered gear commensurate with the appropriate difficulty (only LFR = LFR reward, etc). Pray tell, how is the effect of the emissary system any different?

For example, I raid and do a weekly M+ on my main and she is currently ~408 item level. My priest alt, on the other hand, has only done LFR once (for a profession reagent) and a couple heroic dungeons. She is 394. It’s rather depressing.

2 Likes

Good, I am sick of blizzard taking away player choice and railroading us in to one way of play. For once they aren’t doing that, and this makes this change a good thing. Sorry to all who put in time and effort but the game isn’t just made for hard cores. There are casual players too who want and deserve a shot at proper end game, so yay for blizzard for making that possible and not just catering to the people who can play hours upon hours day in day out. Not all of us are that lucky.

1 Like

What about mythic + Dungeons? I level going up at all?

I don’t understand why this is needed. People who only do Emissary or World Quest rewards could still easily get will beyond 350 before this change. I could understand if people needed 380 to que for it but 350? Wy invalidate the work alot of people put in heroic raiding

5 Likes

While I understand that you don’t have the time to do these things, why should you get the same rewards as the people who can put in the work? It’s like giving the Lombardi Trophy to a high school team.

6 Likes

bye fam, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

or do, that’d be even funnier

1 Like

Dont worry. Now the WQ gear has to mcforge 3 less times to be better than mythic raiding too :slight_smile:

Because this is a game, it is meant to be fun. There are still “tiers” to that hard work, no body who does WQs for gear are going to be able to do the raid on heroic or mythic, only those who put in the hard work as you say will get those rewards, it just means that casuals/WQers will get to do LFR and maybe normal.

2 Likes

Thanks - but it does seem like it’s too little too late.

Across 5+ characters the gear has been overall ok - but some of those characters suffered from bad RNG.

A few kept missing azerite vendor purchases and kept getting bad traits; along with getting items in slots that already had decent ilvls. It would have been nice to have this kind of scaling weeks ago.

Now a lot of guild activity is low and the additional gear won’t matter much; but could have made a substantial difference back when BoD was in early swing.

Not much you can do now - but maybe keep it in mind for future patches/expansions.

In short - there seems to be an ok amount of places to get loot from, but the RNG can still hit hard to where bad rolls can leave you behind in quality gear. Having this kind of scaling pushed out earlier would be appreciated.

<3

LFR requires 350 gear. Why on earth do people that only do WQ need anything even remotely better than 370? “Get to do LFR and maybe normal”. These changes invalidate all of normal and just about all of heroic.

People who only do WQ’s don’t need better gear because you aren’t doing anything with it anyway. The current rewards are more than good enough for you.

7 Likes

I think it’s more for the people that actually want to get into the higher end content, but need to work their way there. The RNG system can create rough gaps to get through.

This helps bridge those gaps.

There is still the RNG factor that will suck when you get a streak of bad rolls, but overall it allows for the potential of a higher end player to get the gear to work up to that level.

In reality it barely bridges that gap, with the 395 ilvl. But it at least gets you to a place where you can start working through some 10+ runs to round out to 400.

Then Heroic raiding and the low teen M+'s are within your grasp.

It’s the carrot on the stick. Higher number and all that. It’s the same reason everyone else plays the game. You keep people playing by giving them something, not holding it back. In the end not that many really care about “progressing” hence far too many buy their way through m+ and raids. Maybe we should blame it on micro-transactions? That’s basically where most of this mindset come from.