Upcoming Item Level Increase

Well instead of scrapping 385s scrap 400s…

6 Likes

this is great news. p.s. don’t listen to the nay sayers who think these ilvl bumps are in anyway a bad thing if anything its a good thing to do cause people like me pretty much never have to raid to get gear :slight_smile: also have 1 main and 3 or 4 alts that are ilvl 389-392 without doing normal raids or lfr/M+

2 Likes

All the neck beards complaining, this is great news for the vast majority of us who don’t have a guild to regularly raid with and still want to feel relevant in terms of ilvl. Thanks blizz!

10 Likes

I’m really not against having decent ilvl awards for open world content - but emmesaries are going to be dropping the same as you can buy a random token for for a plus 10 and that’s a little rediculous.

If you are going to raise the rewards from the open world - the rewards from more difficult continent should be adjusted to compensate those pushing more difficult content.

This is why Uldir is dead - even the LFR queues. WQs now drop the same as LFR. Heroic dungeons drop lower than WQs.

Your stripping progression from the game. It makes me sad.

20 Likes

Stop doing this. You are invalidating progression. Like why raid or do anything if I can just take a break and come back to some easy loot.

28 Likes

About time you start killing heroic raiding guild.

What took you so long?

10 Likes

Way to knee-cap heroic BoD, everyone who has actually played the game for the last 3 months longer than 3 hours on Tuesday, the flood of 8.2 news all week, and momentum of a new raid release.

There’s no question why this game has been rapidly dying since 8.0.1. Constant terrible decisions that reduce this game to the disrespectability of a cheap mobile game.

13 Likes

Basing world content off normal raid ilvl felt more appropriate. Catch up mechanics are great and all, but you’re almost invalidating Mythic 10s and heroic raiding by spitting out 400 ilvl gear everywhere.

I like the world quest up to 370, I like the azerite change (due to how important traits are for classes to play well). The emissary and overwhelming odd change seem completely unnecessary and undermine much of the higher difficulty content in the game.

4 Likes

It just feels wrong that you can get heroic raid geared without touching a dungeon or raid. It invalidates not only previous effort by players in the current patch, but entire swaths of content.

Why do a Mythic +10 when an emissary will drop loot that is only 5 ilvl less? I thought even 385 was too much since that invalidated normal raiding and low-level Mythic+, both of which require so much more effort. And now you get M+9 loot for playing shell game?

Why heroic raid when world quest emissary azerite often has better trait combinations for many classes and specs?

Loot needs to be reined in big time. When you give out high quality loot for no effort it just ruins the whole reward structure of the game. Item level is only part of the issue, though. The bigger part is raids no longer have special gear. Lots of bad azerite pieces, few good trinkets, no set bonuses. It’s hard to differentiate it from world quest loot nowadays.

You should be encouraging people to jump into accessible content like normal raiding. Heck, this even invalidates LFR. I definitely think current-tier LFR should have better loot then an emissary.

I just don’t get it.

22 Likes

I don’t understand this logic, why are you rewarding players for doing tasks that take very little effort like WQs with gear that’s equal to Heroic BoD/m+ 10(9 chest)/1800-2099 Rival rated arena/rbg gear?

WQs are NOT end game content and shouldn’t reward accordingly comon Blizzard stop handing gear out like candy it makes the game boring. People who do WQs and don’t do raids/m+/rated pvp don’t need these huge ilevels for what they want to do in game.

A huge issue with WoW rn is that NOTHING feels rewarding, you guys doing this is only making it worse.

Stop invalidating your own content, it’s getting ridiculous at this point.

17 Likes

Idk man, it seems pretty stupid to grind for something for hours if you can just do it in 20 mins doing content that you don’t even mildly find amusing. But because the game is all about ilevel now it seems the only rational way to go, no?

2 Likes

AOO up to 395. Gratz Alliance I guess…

Broken system is broken.

1 Like

I like these changes, It’s not the first time they’ve made updates like this though. I’m at the point where i’m mostly done with focusing on one character as my “Main”… It just gets too boring, and with these changes it will be really nice because whatever character i’ll focus on for some time, will be able to gear quickly

2 Likes

Please stop further killing organized guild raiding. It’s already hard enough recruiting people for a non mythic guild because you shower people in free gear. Why would anybody want to join a guild for organized raiding when Blizzard gives away heroic raiding gear for logging in for 15mins a day?

16 Likes

Endgame content should not be catered and spoonfed for casuals.

It should be rewarded to those who take time and dedication to actually overcome the challenges needed to reap great rewards. At least in a perfect world :smiley:

WoW has literally become a Facebook game where you log in once or twice a week, click few things, get your phat loot and go back to minding business elsewhere.

It’s stupid and it makes anything you do feel irrelevant.

Freebies like this kills the content for those who are actually trying to get better, improving their skills and dedicating themselves to learn the game. Whether it’s PvP or M+ or HC raids you literally gain nothing out of the fact that you are pushing yourself to the limit because doing some literally MIND NUMBING world quests will benefit you more lol :smiley:

12 Likes

Doesn’t this scaling make Normal BOD, and M0-9 keys obsolete? Leaving gearing to WQ and Crucible? Why invalidate so much content so fast?

Edit: I guess WF and TF, but I dislike these systems.

9 Likes

Hey Bornakk, how about some Assault ilvl increase while we’re at it :smiley:

2 Likes

Please walk this back. This undercuts gear progression in harder content, seriously disincentivizing people to Play Your Game.

18 Likes

The idea on paper is fine. The implementation gives some content more relevancy but invalidates a lot of the more previous end-game content. The balance is definitely off here in the system they’ve created.

It’s not the first time they’ve done this so it’s not new.

I can understand though that it really ends up being very demotivating.

Having people get into end-game easier, is ok, but giving these higher ilvls so easily, especially to please people like me, feels like the wrong way to go.

I DON’T care what others do, or get, so this is just how I approach this topic. And it’s simply that if I’m getting the same loot as heroic raid, then I’d just go the easier route.

2 Likes

I think this is a great change. Makes it easier to gear my alts. Gives me a reason to do the Emissaries on characters that are over 400 already fishing for forges or stockpiling residuum since it’s not going to be reset for season 3. Plus there’s probably a ton of casual folks who are sitting a 390-395 who stopped logging in because there’s only warfront turnover that provides a chance at substantial upgrades once people are past 385 that’s non-organized group content. Well, that and the mythic dungeon weekly that shows up every 6 weeks or so but that’s easy enough to pug during that time frame.

3 Likes