Upcoming Item Level Increase

They could be sitting at 390 for a reason. :roll_eyes:

If you’re not in heroic already this ilvl increase isn’t what’s holding you back from doing it. No reason to try to pin it on 400 ilvl Azerite gear from Emissaries or 5 ilvl lower than heroic gear for non-Azerite slots. You’ve had 3 months of time to go do Heroic if you really wanted to.

1 Like

Why do you need ilevel if all you’re going to do is WQs and BGs?

Why is it ok to have WQs give gear equal to Heroic BoD/m+ 10(9 chest)/1800-2099 Rival rated arena/rbg gear? They’re not even close to being the same level of difficulty.

Why is it ok to make end game content’s “rewarding” gear equal to that of WQs which take no thought process at all?

This kind of mindset is ruining the game, and has been for a while now, stop asking for free handouts it ruins any incentive the game has left.

The content you like to do doesn’t take huge ilevel, if you want higher ilevel you should have to do more difficult content, it’s as simple as that.

10 Likes

That’s very narrow-minded of you, not everyone jumps on the content like piranha’s just to be ‘‘competitive’’ you have people doing Heroic for a very long time. These increases aren’t all bad but they aren’t also the right way to go. They are basically feeding people gear that don’t even need it 'cause guess what, it goes both ways your argument.

If I shouldn’t pin it, then why should you need it since by your logic you should be past 400 ilvl - we sure know that we need 400ilvl to do the fluff content of the expansion, lol. /sarcasm

Common.

4 Likes

Ontop of that I really think that every patch with iLvl increase should also boost the World Bosses too, for real

6 Likes

People who are happy about this change, won’t be happy and will be back on here crying once groups increase their requirement to get in.

People are tired of hand out geared players ruining their groups cause they have the gear but not the skill to use the gear and the key fails because you have 1 dps constantly dead, or constantly out dps’d by the disc priest.

So be prepared for 410/415 required groups now, and groups being even more serious about needing a high io to get in.
But hey, atleast you’ll be able to kill WQs faster.

14 Likes

Ilvl increase would make more sense with 8.2 patch, not before.

6 Likes

massive amounts of endgame players leave BFA because there is no connection between content challenge and the player power it rewards, and any gains made by players challenging themselves are rapidly invalidated within a few months

blizzard: ya let’s keep doing that, free raid loot for everyone from everything

thank god the raiderIO system exists, now I’ll have even more ilvl 400+ idiots to filter through in my M+ groups who completely ignore mechanics, refuse to learn and call me ‘elitist’ when I decline them

you want gear progression beyond a simple easy point ? THEN DO THE MORE CHALLENGING CONTENT, stop destroying the reward structure of the game to bring it down to your level because you refuse to improve

where’s my +10 ilvl bump to M+ rewards ? are you telling me that the personal effort required in your average M+10 run (for a chance at ilvl 400 gear) is equivalent to the faceroll effort required for a 395 emissary ?

just like your refusal to revert the GCD changes against the gigantic outcry from the community this new change proves that ion and company JUST DO NOT GET IT

17 Likes

First, that’s not all I do. I raid heroic. I do my M10+ each week on several toons. But I have 1 of every class at 120 and several duplicates. Why do casuals need higher ilvl? They don’t. Why does heroic and mythic drop higher ilvl? To incentivize people to do it, the exact same reason. It’s not needed. It’s wanted. Progression is fun. Progression is why people play. Some people don’t like organized group content. Other people do. That doesn’t mean they should hit a wall with nothing to do 3 months into a tier.

Item progression has changed. This isn’t new. There are catch up mechanisms. They like to keep content within an ilvl range. The increase bumps the range up to match the increase pve raid content received. It’s exactly like AP functions. Put in time to get ahead of the curve, other people are going to come behind you and catch up to where you were with less effort. The only way they catch you is if you stop.

We’re 3 months into the tier. If you’ve been farming heroic you should be closer to 410. It’s not new anymore. And now there’s new content out that’s higher ilvl than heroic BoD.

Nah, your mindset is the problem. The bulk of the playerbase is casual. They need item progression too. They shouldn’t hit an arbitrary wall because your ego can’t handle them getting progression. If they unsub because they have nothing to do that’s a problem. If you or I unsub no one would notice.

The content I like to do is all of the content on all of the characters. Last night I tanked all of Crucible on an alt and then went and ran a M11 on my main. Check your ego for a moment and realize that you can’t just look at someone’s profile and know where they’re coming from.

11 Likes

No.
The incentive is the achievement. The higher ilvl/loot is a reward for doing the highest level of content currently released. A reward not just anyone should be able to get without doing it.

7 Likes

Uh, no. I don’t do content for the achievement. I do it for the gear. Asmongold acknowledged in a recent video that he does content for the gear (the AllCraft video where they talked about the guy refusing to trade PL awarded 420 gear). If you’re happy with achievements, great, good for you. But people did raids long before achievements ever existed because of gear. Against Overwhelming Odds rewards gear why? That’s right, to incentivize people to turn on Warmode. And according to Blizzard it’s been a huge success in motivating people to do so. So if a flashy popup is what motivates you, awesome, good for you, but that’s not what actually motivates the bulk of people.

Want to stay ahead of the gear curve? Do the new content. It’s not a difficult concept. Progression is a wave now that functions almost identically to AP. Play casually and you get pushed along. Play hardcore (or do organized group content) and you can get ahead of the wave. If you stop the wave will catch up. It’s not a static place you get to and you get to spit on all the plebs beneath you for 6+ months. Welcome to WoW since at least Legion, you’re new here I guess.

4 Likes

Progression is fun, not when it’s handed out from mind numbing tasks like WQs however. That’s fine, people don’t like organized group content, but this is an MMO not an RPG like Diablo. You want to solo through the game for BiS or close to it, go play Diablo 3 it’s there for you. WoW is lacking in the community aspect of the game, this “I should be able to solo for my gear” thought process is a huge reason why the game is so dull now.

Catch up mechanisms usually happen with the release of a new raid tier, CoS is not a new tier it’s 2 bosses with ilevel that’s 10 ilevel’s higher from Uu’nat.

Again, what new content CoS? It’s 10 ilevel higher, new raid tier should promote catch up mechanics not 2 bosses from a “mini” raid.

There’s no ego, it’s moreso about content becoming irrelevant because of these type of mechanics. You should be REQUIRED to do tougher content if you want the BiS or close to it, now these WQs that take no skill or thought process to require it’s a MMO for god sakes. Catch up mechanics should only come into play to prepare someone for NORMAL Raid tiers, not Mythic.

3 Likes

Again, this isn’t content aimed at being progression for you and you aren’t the arbiter of what’s fun for other people. And being hyperbolic about how solo content gets BiS is ridiculous. It’s not, it’s 30 ilvl lower gear. Not 3, not 10, 30 ilvl lower. The Azerite gear is 15 less and random.

It’s an ilvl increase for raiders, thus it comes with an ilvl increase for casual content. Whether you think it’s appropriate or warrants it isn’t relevant. What is is whether this keeps casual players subscribed or not. My assumption is that they wouldn’t bother increasing the ilvl if it wasn’t an effective tool to keep casuals playing.

Are you confused? It’s 395 non-Azerite and 400 Azerite. Mythic awards 415. Mythic Crucible awards 420 and 425 gear. Gear that’s 15-30 ilvl lower is somehow “BiS or close to it”? Such a position is intellectually dishonest at best.

8 Likes

o.O
O.o
O.O
aren’t you contradicting yourself? if the incentive is the achievement, then it also wouldn’t matter to the ones running harder difficulty. face it, it’s all about the loot.
“woohoo! we did mythic boss! i don’t need any loot; this is good enough for me.” - no one ever.

8 Likes

Again, this is an MMO, you should be required to do more difficult content in order to get gear, as I said why should mindless/skilless world quests reward the same ilevel as Heroic BoD/m+ 10(9 chest)/1800-2099 Rival rated arena/rbg gear? That makes zero sense, and it makes doing said content completely nullified.

Trying to “keep casuals playing” is why WoW is dying, it’s not a good direction to take. You want better gear? Do tougher content, again as simple as that stop spoonfeeding people, it’s like the ex that tries to shower you with gifts to make you come back or keep you around. Eventually they’ll leave because they’ll find something better.

That’s still Heroic BoD/m+ 10(9 chest)/1800-2099 Rival rated arena/rbg, the 3 of those take way more skill and effort than doing a trivial world quest, gear should be rewarded by difficulty of said content. Warfronts, WQs, Weeklies should NOT give gear equal to Heroic BoD/m+ 10(9 chest)/1800-2099 Rival rated arena/rbgs that’s ridiculous, it makes it seem like it’s irrelevant for those players to even try at that point, why even bother? Just do WQs and you can have the same gear EXDEE

2 Likes

More handouts. At least we can skip Warfronts all together now.

5 Likes

That’s an opinion that’s not consistent with the way the game has been for 3+ years now and it’s not going to change because you don’t like it. You stay ahead of the gear curve by doing content that’s ahead of the curve. Otherwise people doing solo content will catch up to you.

Why farm your neck to 50 now when it’s going to be infinitely less effort involved next week, and the week after that, and the week after that? It’s the same thing going on with gear. As I stated above, stay ahead of the curve or don’t. That’s a choice you make. Do it because you find it fun. Or don’t if you don’t think it’s worth it.

This attitude is literally why Wildstar died. They catered to the hardcore audience and everyone left, except those few sitting on their forums echo chambering back and forth to each other about how awesome they were and how their opinion about who deserved gear mattered and how they were the majority. And then the game shut down proving they weren’t. The fact that WoW caters to casuals is why the game dominated in the first place.

Yes you can. 4+ months later when that content is no longer the top of the pile. Again, whether it’s worth the time investment is up to you. Btw, that’s called shifting the goalpost. You claimed it was ‘BiS or close to it’. It’s not. That was a lie.

9 Likes

Honestly, if I can’t link a group some of my achievements from say, Antorus such as Remember the Titans or The World Revolves Around Me, earned when the content was relevant and I have the relevant iLvl to be in that raid, then that’s a group I simply don’t want to join because the leader is too dumb to be able to tell people with a high ilvl vs people who know how to play.

1 Like

So you’re saying you should be able to link an achiev from a previous expansion to show you know what you’re doing in a new raid an expansion later?

k

If you look at arenamate and filter 1600+, 1800+, 2100+, etc. it’s actually staggering how much of a dropoff there is. There was already a huge effort gap between m+10 and 2100 in any bracket. This just makes it worse because now rival quality gear drops from world quest caches. I don’t care what happens with item levels as long as the rewards systems are consistent with each other.

1 Like