Upcoming Darkmoon Faire and Valor Points Changes

2 drops per boss w/ 10 people = 20%
5 drops per boss w/ 25 people = 20%

4 Likes

This is the type of thing people need to stop asking for. We don’t need the raids on faster lock outs. The game will be dead in several weeks just like SoD is or any other version of WoW that every burns themselves out of because they have no way to put their gaming addiction in check. If you want to raid more often you can always make alts, but honestly having more raids/week and bosses dropping more items is exactly how you end up with dead servers. Right now the pace seems great in my opinion and the changes to valor points are amazing, even more incentive for people to have a healthier relationship with the game and not feel compelled to rush to get all their valor points each week due to FOMO.

3 Likes

my alts will have to run so many more dungeons lol

If you want to improve the player’s quality of life, will be a good idea to increase the gains in valor points and conquest points too, as it helps players who don’t make the cap one week and won’t make a bigger cap the next week .it would allow more people join the “end game”. The same wrong logic has been maintained in retail for years and the result is players tired of these different caps and consequently stopping playing.
consider this.

10m in cata has always been regarded as the harder heroic mode, nothing to do with current clear rates.

1 Like

They’ve already made valor cap super easy to hit, dungeons give a massive amount (all the way to cap)

IDK how much conquest you gain per game though

10m also got a lot of nerfs in 4.1 (which we have), it’s not the same game as it was then.

None of the huge nerfs are in, only the balance changes to make it doable.

That’s why people refer to it as “post-fix” not “post-nerf”

The huge blanket nerfs, no, but there are significant nerfs in 4.1 that we do have, some of which are 10m specific. Like 15% less damage from Shadowflame Barrage or 20% less health on Cho’gall adds.

Did Blizzard themselves not say “post-nerf?”

Yes, things to make 10 man even feasible without specific group makeups

Most people would consider post-nerf post the big nerfs, that’s why people were originally upset when blizz said post nerf

i did mine wed and sat. it resets monthly before this change. the DMF just so happened to pass the first of the month this time.

2 Likes

Linxy marry me.

This is a good change.

are we going to be getting the 10% exp buff at the darkmoon faire soon? that’s really the main draw, being able to level alts a bit easier will synergize REALLY well with these changes to valor + the generally increased conquest gain

Most of those changes were made in 4.0.6 very shortly after the raid released. Bigger nerfs came in 4.1, like 15% less Shadowflame Barrage damage, which is a big 10m specific nerf no matter what your comp is.

My season total earned should be 4800 but the tooltip is telling me that my season earned is the valor I had leftover. This needs to be fixed otherwise people like myself will gain more VP than the season technically allows for.

1 Like

lololol yeah I can get 4400 more VP right now before reset (and I was previously capped), should be 6k after

That’s because 10 man was super out of whack, it was to make them more doable for your avg group.

Most groups end up switching to 10 man anyway though, no matter how difficult/easy the raid is, because 10 man is just more feasible to run.

#justblizzardthings

Though someone said you don’t actually earn valor and its just visual

50% uptime for the Darkmoon Faire seems a little low