Upcoming Changes to the Ashran, Isle of Conquest, and Wintergrasp Epic Battlegrounds

Yeah their squishy because they don’t get hit by cannon fire, which is why they don’t need as much as a hp buff.

Granted, that also depends on how much they expect us to scale up damage wise, so possibly they are taking that into account beforehand

1 Like

I wonder if the ranged attacks from demos are still bugged.

Does Jeron still cast his knockback?

I was kind of hoping it’d go back to 40v40 with 300 reinforcements, made my nemesis quests easier.

2 Likes

Class balance is a slow and gradual process that never stops. Why even ask?

Yes more class balance changes will happen at some point or another. But they wouldn’t announce it in the same thread as these changes since this thread is focused on the map specific changes lol

none of the changes really make wg winnable for offense

Seems like a pretty reasonable set of changes. Epic BGs will no longer be as much of a chore.

I will say that the ‘let’s avoid each other and just race to the end’ nature of some of these epic bgs is really annoying… but I dunno if there’s much of a way to stop that.

1 Like

Okay, so what about Balance Druids? Plan of fixing them? :thinking:

WG is a joke precisely because of machines. When I join a BG, I expect to do PvP. Not run away from vehicles which 2 shot me or try to kill them.

1 Like

I’ve always found Ashan to be a very buggy BG. Lag and some pretty big FPS drops. I don’t have those problems with any other BG, epic or not. Any fixes for that?

2 Likes

No changes the the absurd damage that catapults do with their flame thrower in WG?

2 Likes

This is going to make PvP fun and balanced again! LOL

This was fixed approximately 3 years ago.

For those talking about glaives, no node should be dependant on the other team being bad for it to be a viable strategy. This change will net approx ~40k more hitpoints for the glaives. They’ll still die within a rogue’s cooldowns, a paladin bubble or a convoke, it just makes them slightly tankier.

Would be be possible to had more guards within and maybe with-out of the keeps? Make it more like siege warfare.

more people? i swear its unplayable already if too many ppl gather up at the same spot.

kinda weird man.

if your toes are nasty maybe you should keep your socks on.

add a “black list” option to BGs again and this will be fine with me.

1 Like

Those Wintergrasp changes are terrible.

• Broken Temple and Sunken Ring Workshops are now controlled by the attacking team when the battle starts.

The fact the attackers start with more workshops is meaningless when they can’t make use of those at the start, and defenders are going to be able to reach those two points and start them flipping before the attackers arrive regardless.

• Wintergrasp Wall, Wintergrasp Fortress Wall, and Wintergrasp Fortress Gate health has been reduced by 20%.

This helps a little bit, but doesn’t address the core issue that favors the defenders.

• Destroying Towers reduces match time by 8 minutes (was 5 minutes).

Wut? Attackers don’t have time to defend their objectives as is, so let’s make that worse? This is the worst change of the lot, and makes an already impossible situation even worse.

• Siege Engine’s Steam Rush ability deals 20-35% of a player’s health (was 30-45%).
  • Demolisher’s Hurl Boulder ability deals 20-25% of a player’s health (was 36%).

Meh. Not as harmful as the rest, but still not great. Defenders already often preferred catapults for their speed regardless, and this just further solidifies this. Meanwhile, attackers who need these vehicles to do their task are stuck with the nerf.

• After 5 minutes, all players in the battleground who do not have a rank (including players who join late) will now be granted the rank of Corporal.

More quality of life than anything else. Pointless in the grand scheme of things. Prevents some cheese strats designed to deny kills.

So, all of Blizzards changes are neutral or favor the defenders. Great. So what’s my big idea on how to fix this BG? One change: remove or reverse the defender’s vehicle advantage. That one thing is the currently insurmountable difference that makes the defenders always win. It makes no sense that the defending force gets to keep such a massive advantage when they don’t even need to have vehicles to achieve their objective.

So if the defenders lose the vehicle advantage, what do they have left!? Oh, not much, just the giant fortress and all it’s guns, and being in the winning state by default. Seriously, the vehicle advantage makes no sense and all these other changes are terrible so long as that remains as is.

1 Like

What the …???

Shorter matches OK but this is going to make the match impossible for attackers if they fail that first clash at SR. Whoever wins the first fight snowballs hard, if defenders take SR that is effectively the game if they have an extra 9 minutes shaved off.

This will completely overwhelm any “defense positive” changes made.

How about reducing the damage on wall cannons or making them not regenerate across a match.

Looks like DACKS is back on the menu Bois!

I appreciate this step in the right direction. Something that I think the community would really like is the ability to queue pre-made teams up for these instances.

finally, been waiting :clock12: :clock1230: :clock1: :clock9: :clock830: :clock7: :clock630: :clock6: :clock530: :alarm_clock: :clock4: :clock1130: :clock11: :clock1030: :clock230: :clock3: :clock4: :clock430: :clock5: :timer_clock: :watch: :clock7: :clock8: this long for epic bg changes.

1 Like

next can you guys address the classic AV