Upcoming Changes to the Ashran, Isle of Conquest, and Wintergrasp Epic Battlegrounds

Every single IoC I have played this expansion hinges on what happens at docks. If they are left alone, its a massive Alliance win. If Horde can kill them 3-4 times in a row, it is usually a fair fight.

The rush mentality that has crept into pvp has killed the last bastion of happiness left in the game for me. I do not understand why everyone wants things to end as fast as possible.

7 Likes

That actually makes sense as Alliance. Alliance keep spawns closer to it and you can fight on the flag more easily by virtue of getting there first. So if Horde try to fight there, there’s a high chance of Alliance winning that fight.

If the Alliance can protect glaives really well or deny Hangar, they win. If not, Horde wins. And WS is just sort of uhm. There, I suppose.

I’ve seen a couple matches where horde takes Workshop and then zurgs docks after it has capped and wipe out glaives, usually ends up with a horde win.

1 Like

I’ve found just sending stealthies to glaives to be most effective, but I’ve seen that too. Or alternatively using demos to help protect glaives.

Actually the real key to winning with docks as alliance is taking WS. The demos make defending the glaives really easy.

At the start of the match you are more likely to have 0 horde at docks, at most 1 or 2. So sending 5 - 10 people docks is a guarenteed cap with some defenders for glaives. Then the rest of the team gets WS and brings the demos to defend glaives and it’s basically a wrap.

Few posts down, but yeah. I was expounding why docks work better for Alliance rather than Horde. Because both teams could technically use that strategy, but the main reason why Alliance can reliably get docks is because they simply get there first and can fight on flag more easily.

Yes. The Horde doesn’t go docks at all usually because of the reasons stated above.

Totally bro. in Classic we did AV properly. Everything had to be done just right. Probably because we were ruled over by Honor per Hour, and clearing all the objectives helped us max out.

4 Likes

Right but I was responding to

specifically.

1 Like

Linxy if possible could we get clarification on this? Since all controlled bases start off with RPGG’s does this mean SR & BT will now have them??

siccck 40v40 bg like the good old days

sigh

sigh

I love this change. Late joiners not having rank is a big reason why offence can’t get wins. You lose the first fight, people quit and then you are stuck with only 20 or less people on your team that can actually use siege engines and you just become farmed for the entire game.

1 Like

I was just thinking that all controlled bases have RPGG’s, if this means that RPGGS will now be at BT & SR then I think that would help attackers destroy vehicles quickly since for the most part they spend the majority of the time in the north and would no longer need to run all the way back south to get them anymore.

Fair enough.

Maybe, towards the end of the match, but here is the problem.

Because

The offense has 2 options. They can rush SR and try to force the defense out, which is almost always a losing proposition. Or they can wait 5 minutes and try to use catas to push the defense out of SR. Likely will have the same result as it will most likely be a 12v12 cata fight by then.

1 Like

I would actually say that if they want to bunker down at SR in a 12 v 12 cata fight that wouldn’t be a good option for the defense as you could rain poison down from the surrounding hillsides as the offense with the defense stuck at the base. You could force them to come up the cliff side to attack you instead the other way around.

Flat Damage and Health boost to Alliance for being awful at PvP when? :rofl:

Maybe, but there is a lot of room in SR to move and the defense could easily stay in an area that allows the tower cannons to rain down on the offense catas sitting on the cliff.

The cannon towers only reach for only a small area of SR. You could keep the cata’s out of the line of fire if you knew where to position them.

Yes, but to do that would mean allowing the defense a place to hide inside SR that the catas couldn’t reach.