Upcoming Australian Dollar (AUD) Price Changes for World of Warcraft Subscriptions, Game Time, and WoW Tokens

argentina pays 4 bucks a month

Argentina is NA?

and your reason is? smart guy.

This is how many people play classic. Especially with summoning alts. Much, much cheaper.

Jobkeeper makes aussie keep playing games at home. Aussie gov wants to tax more on game markets and we need to pay it.

1 Like

Dropping this right before Naxx and Shadowlands releases is scummy af.

Yet we still have a broken Day/Night cycle.
World events like the Stranglethorn Fishing Extravaganza happen at unreasonable times.
OCE warmode balancing is imbalanced (OCE is Alliance heavy and yet they get the bonus because its “linked” to NA)
Ping times and routing to US servers are dreadful and we can’t opt out of joining NA hosted servers for dungeon finder/timewalking/lfr/random bgs etc.
Blue replies in the oceanic general forums are rarer than thunderfury binding drops.

Yet you hike the price for us.

That is sure some “great entertainment value” /sarcasm.

23 Likes

So I can gift myself a 6 month sub and use the code after the 15th June ?

If so, I might gift myself a few.

I could understand the price hike if it was because of better servers, no game issues, even a new game engine, but to put a hike on subs despite the recent covid and more people playing because of it, I am completely dumb founded.
If you said it was going towards WoW 4, no problems. But with the lack luster content and delays, even poor expansions, I do not agree with this latest ‘dash for cash’.
This is the time to bring back players, not push them away.

8 Likes

Your comment was spot on and to the point!

I wonder if that would work? Surely now you’ve mentioned it they’ll be all over it. :roll_eyes:

Oh they will be.

So… If/when our dollar becomes more valuable they revert this right?

Lol who am I kidding

8 Likes

Thank you, Blizzard, but your services are no longer required. I’ll take my subscriptions elsewhere.

6 Likes

Stand with the Australians, this is some bull. And Australia probably just happened to be the first market they are trying this on, before pushing it on every market, 1 by 1, so that it’s “fair”.

5 Likes

Blizzard happily report “Better than Expected” Q3 2020 results long into a world wide pandemic. Activision Blizzard’s net revenues presented in accordance with GAAP were $1.95 billion, as compared with $1.28 billion for the third quarter of 2019

So on the back of this you decide to absolutely gouge Australians who have a stronger dollar than NZ but keep NZ untouched.

“we are committed to ensuring the game continues to provide Australian players with great entertainment value.”

Exactly what content that my stupid a** has been paying for over the last 11 months in particular has been quality entertaining content? islands? corruption? AP Grind? because you fell short on that in BFA on a MASSIVE scale, so to turn around on the back-end of a DISMAL expansion ($1.95 billion profit - middle of pandemic) and heap this onto your Australian customers 2 weeks into an expansion is just straight-up DOG s***. Or is this a preemptive pat on the backs to how good you think Naxx and Shadowlands will be for us. Frankly this is just disgusting and you were already skating on thin ice as a company I could support but as soon as Shadowlands hype dies off (1-2 months if lucky) I’m not coming back to this absolute robbery.

Dreamhaven please release some games soon.

7 Likes

I know a lot of people are very upset over this, and I was too at first. But in Blizzard’s defense, US customers pay $15USD per month, as of right now using XE currency converter if you convert the new $20AUD per month price and convert it to USD, its actually only $14.55USD. So in fact we pay a little less than US customers assuming that XE have the rates correct at 1USD = 1.37498AUD. No one likes having a price increase, I do understand that whole heartedly. But in this case I do believe it is fair given the current economic climate worldwide. And yes, it’s pretty sucky to be coming out of COVID with no job and a price increase to one of our distrations but Blizzard are extending the current pricings to mid next year to make up for that. Honestly, I’m always for a ‘defending the comon people against the evil corporation’ type of cause but in this case I think the evil corporation is being quite fair.

1 Like

Looking forward to paying more for servers that lag worse than private servers thanks blizz

1 Like

And I’m done. Really wish I hadn’t purchased Shadowlands or that I’d taken advantage of the refund they offered when they delayed the release.

3 Likes

Won’t be buying shadowlands and once my remaining 3 months runs out will be done with blizzard as a company for good

Another customer lost

5 Likes

Then why are you playing lol… if you can dedicate such little time to a game that requires so much time then you’d be better off playing something like Runescape where you play at your own pace.