Upcoming Alchemy Adjustments

Greetings, Alchemists!

We have been closely monitoring feedback and the experience with Alchemy in The War Within and are working on a series of adjustments to improve the overall experience that we intend to push live within the next day or so. The below list includes most of our planned adjustments, but any additional bug fixes or improvements will be noted in the hotfix logs once the changes have been finalized and pushed to live. Since some of these changes may impact immediate decision making, we wanted to inform the community as soon as possible.

• Algari Potion Cauldrons and Algari Flask Cauldrons will no longer cost Artisan’s Acuity as part of their recipe.
  • Algari Potion Cauldron charges will be increased to 80 (up from 40) and the cost increased to compensate.
  • Meticulous Experimentation will have its cost and cooldown increased, however it will guarantee a new recipe when crafted.
  • Wild Experimentation’s success and failure chances will be slightly adjusted.
  • The lockout on failed Wild Experimentations will be reduced to 10 minutes (down from 15).
  • While under the effects of Formulated Courage, Wild Experimentation will no longer cause explosions that interrupt your focus.

We hope you have been enjoying The War Within along with us. Thank you for your continued feedback!

29 Likes

Why did our pre-patch stuff go poof in the warbank?

9 Likes

Great changes! Thanks

1 Like

When you are set up and focused on crafting stuff, 10 min to sit around and do nothing waiting for a cooldown is a long time.

5 minutes seems more reasonable, but even that seems long to me.

When I get into a craft mood, I try to focus on that and am not really prepared to just jump up and set a timer and go do something else for 10 min.

17 Likes

word up yo

1 Like

Great feedback. Agreed. A different kind of penalty would be better.

2 Likes

Will we be compensated for the acuity we spent already?

10 Likes

Yep I did a meticulous yesterday and got nothing. Guaranteed would be welcome change.

5 Likes

The best way to not get an answer is to ask an unrelated question.

Nice work!

6 Likes

Great changes. Out of curiosity though why only 80 uses instead of the 120 uses we had in Dragonflight?

3 Likes

Can we get a decrease in overall mat costs? or an increase in collection quantities?

4 Likes

idk why this garbage continues to exist

21 Likes

both nodes in each of the Thaumaturgy trees for transmutegen that read “you have a chance to receive additional Transmutigens when performing acts of thaumaturgy or transmutations” appear to not be working at all. Still getting the 1-3 I was before instead of 1-5 which is how it worked before on the beta

2 Likes

Being returned tomorrow

1 Like

Yes please. It really feels like some of these recipes are asking for quite a lot in comparison with how long it takes to gather everything.

Not that that is anything new, mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Keep the small sized cauldron and add the big one also, give small sized raids more love please!

2 Likes

Can your team adjust alchemist stones?

Alchemist stone is dead on arrival because it has versatility only as a secondary stat. Please allow us either through different herbs or missives to change it from vers to haste, crit, mastery, or a small combination of all 4.

For an item that costs sparks it is one of the worst items to use sparks on. All other crafting professions can choose which stats are on their items except alchemists.

5 Likes

health and mana portions in AH is too expensive I will make my own…
think 1 redbull is $100 lol

1 Like

Hush this is being worked on™️ please don’t upset the customers

1 Like

Can you pass some feedback to the team regarding Inscription? The drop rate of Darkmoon cards has crashed that gold maker for Inscription, and we have way less cool stuff to craft compared to most other professions. I miss dragonriding armor and glyphs. And our commodities like contracts and treatises have a shorter usefulness time compared to most other professions. Eventually treatises and contracts will run out of usefulness as Renown and Knowledge will cap.

Thank you!