Up and arms about flying

I genuinely don’t understand the mass hate for skyriding, I know the forums is overinflated with people who will complain as in game I haven’t seen a single person called yaping about it yet, but these people saying 5-10 seconds to switch back and forth is too much, expecially in long distances, dont you still save more than 10 seconds going 300% faster than regular flying?
I’d complain more about the lack of mobility I have as a death knight when I don’t have a mount then complain about a 5 second switch that’s not annoying for 80% of the payer base.
What I’m more annoyed about is the pitch needed to stay steady or gain speed feels nerfed and harder to deal with but that could just be me.

2 Likes

I do not understand, the game literally let you choose what you want, whenever you want, for as long as you want… you just need to hit a spell and wait 5 seconds (though it could be instant in my opinion, but not necessarily), but what you want is in your hands to choose.

3 Likes

It’s clunky as hell gathering in flightform tbh

10 Likes

No. Make the toggle instant. We do not hate skyriding. We just prefer “stable” idk what it’s called they keep changing the names… tbc flying. This is a time wasting metric. Freedom!! 🪽 :umbrella:

17 Likes

I dig the title

4 Likes

People complaining to complain with no valid point beyond…complaining.

6 Likes

It’s different, people hate change.

2 Likes

If a 6 second wait time is too much for you, quit playing MMOs

2 Likes

If it’s so easy and a non-issue, I’m sure blizzard can easily remove it. Ty. 🪽 :umbrella: Freedom!!

6 Likes

I do not enjoy dragon riding. I am glad they made it such an easy way to choose. I think the cast time on switch is stupid.

5 Likes

I think they said something about needing to do it for pvp but regardless genuinely why is 5 seconds that bad when you will waste 5 seconds doing a plethora of other things.

imagine in 2024 you have a 5sec channel for a simple button. peak gamedesign.

5 Likes

Because it adds nothing. Why is it there, i could switch instantly before this prepatch. Its a time wasting metric. 🪽 :cloud_with_rain:

9 Likes

It just makes the game feel bad. It makes Druid flight form feel completely stupid as every time you land in area to do stuff you have to stop and remember to switch or even your flight form is stuck in sky riding. It’s not that skyriding itself is bad. We’ve had it awhile but you could always just choose one mount or the other to keep doing what your doing. Now you have to stop and switch constantly.

7 Likes

It’s annoying to have a completely different toolbar for flying. It’s not natural and isn’t accessible game design.

4 Likes

Many I suppose in the end my main question is even with it being “annoying” or “adds nothing”, out of all the things in the game currently to complain about how is a 5 second cast what’s making people rage and in some cases quit.

I’m not sure that I’ve ever been Up and Arms before. It sounds like an interesting state of being.

2 Likes

I think ive answered my own question actually, people just don’t like change and it’s been like this for almost 2 decades…

i think it’s fair to say the 5 seconds is an unnecessary hurdle.

Personally, I’d prefer it if each mount individually could just be set to static or sky riding.

I also don’t think this topic is worth getting as upset about as I’ve seen some forum posters getting lol

5 Likes

Some people just don’t get how much better it is to be able to instantly switch from regular flying to dragonriding like it was pre-patch. It’s called FREEDOM to fly how you want, without having to dragon a button to your bars, click it, then wait every single friggin time you want to change your style of flying.,

Understand now? It’s called Quality of Life, and it was better pre-patch.

Sure, now you can use almost all mounts as dragonriding mounts, but are now forced to hit a button and wait every single time you want to change. Not only that but you have to be grounded. No thanks. That’s called ANNOYING.

My guess is they will just make it instant at least in the future. It’s all nonsense.

7 Likes