Un$ubbed | Ma$$ Exodu$ & Tran$fer$

The only language they speak is the dollar: No dollars for your blizz, UNSUBBED.

…but I’ll be back once they fix the massive issue they created with paid boosts, and expected to double tip off of paid xfers. Whitemane was the best west coast server during vanilla classic, by a huge margin. We were…

• FULL
  • 3 layers

…because of how gigantic our community was yet still retained 50-50 faction balance. wPVP was epic, Vanilla was simply awesome, even in phase 6 you’d see people running nearly all low level dungeons, people still doing attunes BRD & UBRS for attunes, and gearing out alts in literally all raids. LFG was BUMP’N 24/7, unlike my Fairbanks Horde at the time, which was listed as High pop.

Fast-forward to TBC paid boosts, and Whitemane Alliance is about to drop below 5k alliance and horde is climbing 10k+ with a 35-65% faction balance. Too many people are quitting, so many people are raid logging, but I still cannot believe how absolutely radical the shift was and I’ve played every expansion from original TBC to Legion. I’ve never seen a serve go from main coastal hub to near ghost town.

My guild used to be one of the top guilds on Whitemane Alliance, raid sign up was full the second it was posted, but that isn’t the case now. They’ll have sign ups go out for next week, and still have to pull in 2-3 pugs. Guild members quit, and/or xferred over this Blizz.

The cash grab for boosts and xfers is over, it’s time to put things back together so we can enjoy the game since we’re only in Phase 2. Vanilla didn’t feel this hallow in Phase 2…what have you done.

16 Likes

Interesting. I’ve been waiving my wallet in their face for a 2nd boost and they’re not taking it.

5 Likes

Use your wallets and just cancel.

This game is dead. Devs don’t care. Blizz doesn’t deserve us, our support, or money.

Diablo is having server issues. Broken games.

28 Likes

they’re probably gauging if they can get away with it or not. Boost money vs. cancellations.

Whitemane is 15k with your precious alliance at 5.5k. My realm is under 3k TOTAL, with horde as a 48% minority. Your faction has over double the people my faction does, and more people than my entire realm. You’re also on the 3rd biggest realm (2nd in USA).

Grow up.

“your realm was always low pop and trash for a different reason, and actually saw a population increase from classic to TBC.”
-Ignores the facts and continues acting like a child. I think we’re done here. This is another one for the block list, a low level retail sockpuppet btw.

“Pve vs pvp realm makes a world of difference.”
-If it does then don’t play on PVP.

“Dude. Whitemane will be 100% horde in three months. Who cares if they have more pop total then your server?”
-Point is they are better off than us yet still complaining. In fact what I said about that realm applies to yours too. Your alliance is ALSO more than 2x our horde and outnumbering our entire realm. It’s 80% alliance as well, but I don’t see you complaining about the imbalance there. It seems that when horde own a realm, alliance complain, but if alliance own a realm, everything is fine.

5 Likes

your realm was always low pop and trash for a different reason (blizz made too many realms at start), and actually saw a population increase from classic to TBC.

48% minority is an issue to you? that’s ridiculously good ratio, and with only 3k people you aren’t griefed liked are being on a FULL server. 13k vs 5k means we’re always outnumbered for wPVP, summoning stones, and gathering professions.

EDIT: you’re on a PVE server complaining about faction balance. bwahahahahahaaha oh man that’s hilarious.

3 Likes

Ouch.

Pve vs pvp realm makes a world of difference.
You’re talking about 2v1 server life for him over there. And even more so when it is higher pop, that’s thousands of extra horde running around to overrun whatever they want.

1 Like

I agree Blizzard is responsible for the faction imbalance. Before HvH you could at least argue the problem was entirely player created, but since Blizzard intervened to prevent the only downside to playing Horde they can’t make that argument anymore. Not that they actually care about classic, but frankly anyone voting with their wallet has the right idea.

9 Likes

Dude. Whitemane will be 100% horde in three months. Who cares if they have more pop total then your server?

Kirtonos has 875 and we were all basically forced to xfer which was kinda cringe

The real question is can you get into SM?

1 Like

Sure they do. Create a second account, pay two $15/mo subs, and buy two boosts. They want your money, just not the way you want to spend it.

D2 remastered is breaking all kinds of server records I guess? It’s extremely popular now.

1 Like

We all know you’re a pet collector. Let’s be real.

It was OG TBC in 2007 that made me a critic of forced factions in games (honestly vanilla was pretty bad too). Every single game I’ve seen that has an enforced faction with two faction choices on character creation has this problem.

My original server in 2007 became a low pop server after TBC’s release (numbers dropped massively). I’m still not sure WTF really happened with that.

My experience playing ESO on PS4 was pretty good in this regard. There are three factions. But you are not locked to one like you are in other games. You can have a character for each faction, and play them all in PvP however you like.

Yeah, this creates spies, but in the grand scheme of things, it doesn’t really make that much of a difference since they are in a large PvP area.

It also helps that there is a lot of account binding. From gear, to materials, to even levels. If you have 1 character at max Champion Level, you only need to get to character level 50, then you are automatically moved to your accounts highest Champion Level. And with all the free XP boosts players get while playing the game, it is very fast to spin up a new character and play them in PvP.

Whitemane alliance is transferring to Benediction, they aren’t quitting lmao.

wow sounds fun. all the PvP servers turning into PvE because not having to deal with the other faction is the “meta”.

i guess retail had it right. remove factions, they’re pointless. we might as well just all being playing on the same team. this entire classic experiment is just “retail classic”

4 Likes

That’s a pretty pessimistic way of thinking. Isn’t the point of being able to have money to give them to spend it how I want? I’m fairly sure they’re not sitting in their office going, “we want this dude’s money! Let’s force him to buy another account!” :roll_eyes:

Makes no sense and is definitely reaching.

Pet collector? In WoW? I hate the Pokémon wannabe thing they brought into the game. I’ve dabbled, but could give a hoot about pets.

If it’s some sort of new slang term I’m not aware of, then … sure? :man_shrugging:t2:

I was in 2 guilds, and most of them quit, then the rest xferred.

Yup, that’s the outcome to this whole thing is that eventually everyone is on a PVE server.

I have 1 horde toon and on Fairbanks PVP, which was 60-40 in horde’s favor in classic, but now is 99% horde, making it effectively a PVE server now.

…wow, blizzard figured out how to triple dip on this disaster.

• Paid boosts
  • Individual Transfers (which creates ghost towns)
  • Bulk Transfers = player paid server mergers
7 Likes