Unresolved timeline issues

Ive come to understand in game events arent “canon” because of blizzard stringent use of the timeline keeping it to 9 years since wow started.

Because of this as well as other issues which we seem to have glare plot holes which are left unresolved.

While ill leave out the glaring time traveling centaur issue from dragonflight as we dont know the full back story yet.

Ill list off some issues or at least ask questions which either will spark discussion or at the very least possibly make it some sort of quest in the future to resolve these issues.

• when the AU orcs came to azeroth. They brought with them Saberon, Goren and Botani. So even after a year. We have not heard of any issues from either one of the beings? Especially since one is a plant and can seed itself litterally anywhere.

• are Drogbar azeroth Proto-orcs?

• after 9 years of constant fighting, how is it that both armies are not on the verge of collapse due to lack of time to replenish their manpower?

*its been 5 years since the cataclysm, other than stormwind park. Has anything been fixed? Like say making a bridge across the barrens chasm? Cause we seem to have the resources to mobilize for multiple military campaigns across the globe as well alternate universes.

*in less than 2 years the argent dawn was able to cleanse a good chunk of the eastern plaguelands. From mop - legion. Has any more advancement been made there?

While i understand alot of this would require old content updates. We’ve seen it done before. But can we get some sort of update or conclusion to these plot points? Or at least it being brought up in a meaningful way.

6 Likes

The Goren are in the Horde, part of them at least. They defended Dazar’alor against the Alliance during faction assaults. The Saberon and Botani might have gone hiding somewhere in order to survive in the first place… I mean, they just landed on an unknown planet. My guess is they must replenish their forces before they can secure a place for themselves in Azeroth (from their point of view) and become a nuisance (from ours). The Saberon aren’t all chaotic evil though, so depending on what they do, they might settle somewhere and have ok relationships with the other races.

Also, if Xal’atath is to be trusted at all, the Drogbar are failed Titan creations. Sounds weird to me though, because that would give them the exact same concept as Troggs. And honestly, there’s a world of difference between the Drogbar and the Troggs in terms of intelligence. I suspect they rather have elemental origins.

3 Likes

They are presumbly keeping a low profile or dont have the numbers to pose a problem for the factions to deal with.

No. Drogbar are their own thing.

The lack of man power were plot points in BfA. Furthermore it was part of the reason the armistice was accepted.

1 Like

All of the rest of Stormwind has been repaired. The Auberdine docks are repaired but the town itself remains a shambles.

As to the Barrens, any ide aof bridging that canyon was kind of put off the constant fighting and “incidents” between Horde and Alliance forces.

They are… it’s pretty much the only reason the 4th War has come to an armistice. Students of the Korean War would note that is not the same as a peace treaty, just an indefinite pause on fighting each other.

1 Like

This isn’t actually an issue. Blizzard already confirmed that the Dragon Isles Centaur predate the Kalimdor Centaur.

“You’ll encounter the beloved tuskarr as well as get to know the civilization of the centaurs which predates those who we came to know in Kalimdor.”

This might be common knowledge, but I can’t find this anywhere. Source?

The Botani could do a lot of damage at the Barrens if they find the Nightmare Scar within the Overgrowth. This is pure nature magic corrupted by the Nightmare and one which they would know how to use. If given a chance and they somehow get to Stormwind and the overlook where a genesaur died. They can tap the magical remains there and then the world will really have a problem. The Botani as of now are resident aliens trying to survive in a world that is hostile to them.

The Saberon are just wild cats, maybe they’ll be hunted by the Quilboar or more likely hunt the Quilboar down even more and the centaur etching out a domain of their own where the bestial races of Kalimdor exist. I doubt they’d be an enemy we would fear and more of another nuisance to cull just as we do with quilboar and centaur.

1 Like

My understanding is that each expansion covers approximately one year, with the exception of Cataclysm taking two years. I think this was mentioned by Blizzard at some point, but I don’t have a specific source, so I could be wrong. In any case, the timeline presented in the Ultimate Visual Guide seems to follow this rule.

1 Like

Doness might be more confused by the part where in game events aren’t canon.

EDIT: To add, Chonicle 3 also follows the same rule.

Also doesn’t help that Blizz will retcon older lore that is inconvenient to whatever story they want tell currently. Making Chronicle unreliable at best, non-cannon at worst.

(Like how they retconned all the Lich King stuff in Shadowlands)

6 Likes

All lore sources are Unreliable Narrators.

1 Like

Yes they do predate the kalimdor ones by 9000 years. Which is odd because the kalimdor ones are the original ones.

Which is why i mention “time traveler” part. Cause if i have to suspect we may either get another retcon or most i ikely they will say infinite dragon flight or bronze dragons brought them back in time. And stored on the island for safe keeping away from meddling with the timeline.

Or maybe these centaur aren’t the result of a bizarre mating between a centaur demigod and an earth elemental. Maybe their origins predate the birth of Cenarius.

Maybe that’s why they aren’t the cannibalistic savages of Kalimdor.

Possibly.

Clearly time still felt the need to hit them with the ugly stick. (As a tauren, im still not holding a grudge what so ever.)

The Centaur thing is so stupid. How does a race come to look like (and bear the same name as) another race that’s thousands of years younger and has completely different origins ? Especially when these origins are as specific an elemental doing stuff with a son of Cenarius. There’s no way this can be explained by “coincidental parallel development”.

Like. I’m super happy we get to interact with Centaur but ?

2 Likes

I’m not even sure about when the birth of Cenarius was.

Cenarius’s son sired the Kalimdor Centaurs.

Cenarius himself may have sired the Dragon Isles Centaurs. He was the adopted Son of Ysera after all.

As for why he would mate with an Elemental or Titanic Watcher(the only logical races that could potentially birth Centaurs): it was either that or the Dragons themselves as the Giants aside from the Titanic Watchers were clearly hostile to Dragons!

In terms of the Dragon Isles Centaur, they could have a similar origin as the Kalimdor ones but not quite the same, resulting in some differences. Ergo, the children of another powerful Keeper, but with a different mother. Given how much more like Zaetar than Theradras the Kalimdor tribes are, it stands to reason the case would be similar for the Dragon Isles ones.

The traits of a living force of nature likely just are stronger than something else.

These centaur might even be from Zaetar too, since we know that in the lore he got crazy jealous of his brothers’ children that are the dryads etc, and wanted to outperform him. And it was only roughly 1k years ago the Kalimdor centaurs appeared, either he didn’t do anything with his jealousy for thousands of years, or he created a separate batch before he fell in love with the earth elemental in desolace.

Not to mention, where do the magnataur fit into this weird family tree?

1 Like

I’m going with “Not At All” for the center square.

Magnataur were confirmed to be Children of Cenarius. It was in a magazine.

3 Likes

Cenarius had one weird night with a mammoth…

7 Likes