Unprunning was a bad idea

Instead of unpruning for class “flavor”, they should have spent more time on the development of class design.

Bringing back abilities and tools could ultimately change the way traditional wow is played. Instead of 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 dps, why not a resto feral affinity healer, a demo lock and bm hunter with pet tanks, and a ret paladin dps/offheals.

We could see unique playstyles emerge from content such as Torghast that doesn’t time gate or force players into the traditional 5 player dungeon archetype. And to OPs post, if abilities such as curses, or hunters mark, or word of glory, etc. allowed players to do that, then awesome – and the game is in the right direction.

Just my 2cents

2 Likes

“Guys! We want our abilities that you took away back!”
Alright. Here. Have them back.
“Wow! Theres to many abilities! You guys are so out of touch with your playerbase.”

Make up your mind GD. jfc.

1 Like

It’s not about whether you like it or not. It’s about players who can manage them should edge out advantage over players that can’t.

4 Likes

It’s not even here yet, can you please not.

1 Like

Glad I now have confirmation that’s why DH players play DH.

6 Likes

I wish for ONCE they would just leave all the classes alone when they roll out a new expansion. I know that would never happen because they just can help themselves to jack around with people lives but I still wish they would leave it alone and let us just have a dang new expansion with nothing Effed up!

2 Likes

Uhhhhh how is changing a class jacking around with peoples lives? Most classes didn’t get massive changes to how they play with their specs, and some got more useful abilities to use such as Warriors getting Shattering Throw and Enhancement getting Windfury Totem.

3 Likes

I like when you see someone get a hunter’s mark on them and you see them spin around like “Oh crap where!?!”

1 Like

I liked the part where everyone ignored the rest of the answers after earlier demonstration of how situational made up situations in order to make a point can fail.

Again for the people after the answer number 110? 120? hard to track.

The wrong spells are being unpruned… but I suppose it’s better to smash stuff sometimes and dont bother reading.

Disagreed, don’t use the ability of you can’t find a use for it . Many people are coming back because of the unpruning . Having poisons , SnD, and Rupture back is great.

Inflammatory posts such as this do not encourage discussion nor do they represent everyone .

1 Like

I called it, I called it many times. More =/= better, I don’t want to spend one or two gcds every pull before I can start using my dps abilities.

1 Like

Well as a blood DK getting back AMZ, Lichborne and rune tap is pretty nice(specially when rune tap is going to be a 15% max hp party heal)…plus chains of ice for ranged kiting during necrotic week? not one useless button here!

One of the few exceptions, those are all high impact abilities. Meanwhile I get a 2s cast time Corruption and a bunch of minor debuffs.

Most situational extremely useful.

And port baseline is huge.

Curse of Exhaustion? Amazing. Curse of Tongues? Also amazing. Baseline port? Pretty darn good. Though, will probably have to macro it to one button for convenience sake, but makes a massive difference to have it all the time than to have to give something up for it.

Some classes needed padded out a bit… unfortunately others are getting meaningless stuff brought back to bloat “just because”, it seems

3 Likes

I agree some are meaningless and some of the meaningless ones I also wouldn’t mind back like see invisible for warlocks was fun. Seeing the ghosts in undercity or mages when they used invisibility also not game breaking at all and cam be left off the bar if not used or liked. Monks need spinning fire blossom to give them something more ranged than lightning that you can do while moving to dps etc. I want gladiator stance back or perma metamorphosis for lock off tank drain\tank for small group content.

They updated it a while ago.
I was shocked because they outright didn’t even make a mention anywhere of it.

Unpruning is fine in theory.

Blizzard just decided to unprune all the stuff people didn’t appreciate instead of the stuff people wanted.

Oh boy! My Arcane Mage got Frostbolt and Fire Blast.

Oh boy! My Hunter got Hunter’s Mark back.

Oh boy! My Blood/Frost DKs got Death Coil even though they’ll literally never use it.

1 Like

BM arcane shot going to stay glowing in the spell book. who knows how many bad passive talents i will have to use to have enough room for trinkets and covenet abilities on my action bars.