Unpopular WRA Opinions

Well, they can’t fill the Sylvanas raid with no-names. They gotta pad it out somehow!

2 Likes

I understand that the necromancy? Orcs probably don’t have as much of a problem with. What with Shadowmoon and all. But they pretty much only raised skeletons.

Sentient people with their free will, I would think, would be relatively new… and pulling a person’s spirit away from joining their ancestors. THEN stripping their free will…

I unno, it just seems a bit weird to me.

I am predicting the Mag’har chick did so because Gallywix and Sylvannas were getting lonely without friends, and Gallywix, like Dazar’alor, tried using money to solve his problems.

I think Forsaken Loyalists aren’t as big an issue for a lot of reasons, one of which being that the air is much less tolerant of toxic RP like that and another (bigger) one being that we’ve hammered home how Consent Is King in WrA since the Kor’kron days.

1 Like

Never saw a single Kor’kron Loyalist RPer who wasn’t powergaming garbage on the surface and a churning mass of abusive attitude beneath that.

3 Likes

I actually was a Kor’kron RPer for a short peroid of time.

Sadly I did not role as a racist since I RP’d them as a Kor’kron who legitimately signed up thinking he was fighting for his people (as everyone has done since time and memorial) and was horrified when the imprisoning of his fellow Horde started.

He may or may not have ‘accidentally’ leaked patrol schedules and used his rank once to shield some trolls from a firing squad (he was unsurprisingly branded a traitor)

1 Like

Sadly?

Also, why did I not see #NotAllKorkron coming a mile away.

2 Likes

Sadly because I did not stick to the generic template and let the people at home have nice things.

That said, he could probably still pass as racist since he still had a severe distaine for Humans (and he was so bad, he considered worgen to just be other humans)

The Kor’Kron stuff is way beyond my time, and the way it’s described just makes it seem like the wild west.

Boy, am I glad I started up in Legion!

1 Like

They should release a forsaken allied race that’s really swole so we can bring those kor’kron RPers back!

“Wild West” implies a lawless, anything goes environment. When, in fact, it was mostly just tools taking advantage of good intentions to abuse and harass people and community mostly dragging its feet on calling them out.

3 Likes

I think some of my all time favorites were:

1. A Kor’kron character who had a penchant for signalling his hidden Kor’kron snipers to autokill other players regardless of their objections, but when my hunter pulled a gun on him, he screamed godmoding.

2. Another Kor’kron orc antagonizing my pandaren warrior and when said warrior stepped right up to him, offered to make it a contest of battle… player decided it was dishonorable and sidestepped it altogether.

3. Numerous Kor’kron players insisting rebel or non-Kor’kron players were absolutely required to submit to the likelihood of permadeath in the interest of realism and fair play. When they inevitably lost the war and many were put on IC trial, their OOC screeching was legendary. Many of them got off with a slap on the wrist because “it wouldn’t be fair to expect them to get killed off for others.” One only suffered the punishment of having to give up her nudist ways.

This is just a few drops of that madness. Just a bit of that iceberg.

8 Likes

I recall one Kor’kron RPer filling general chat with screeching hate after someone decided not to RP with them, making death threats and going into some…truly telling assumptions about women, in particular.

Said RPer also was fond of coming onto the forums and encouraging people not to speak out against Kor’kron RP or to RP plotlines of rebellion because “the time isn’t right.”

3 Likes

Oh yeah there was also the warrior who caught my warlock’s hand in his fist and when I emoted an attempt to Conflagrate and superheat his gauntlet… he RETROACTIVELY COUNTERSPELLED IT. He refused to acknowledge that it’s an instant cast, and insisted he halted it, point blank, no warning.

But I was the jerk for arguing with him. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 Likes

I mean, if we’re talking about arguing points here in how bad RP with Kor’kron gets…

I had a fight where, with 3 witnesses in the group, had Xins roll a 20 in his move to in no uncertain terms land a hard uppercut onto his unarmored jaw to in a RP fight. I rolled a 20, he rolled a 1. He proceeded to then claim that he won the roll and tried RPing his character shrugging it off even though me and the 3 witnesses called him out on it.

3 Likes

The best was when they got confused over who they were supposed to harass. When an Orc Warlock was talking with a non-Orc Warrior, one Kor’kron somehow tried to be furious at them both: one for being a Warlock, one for being not an Orc.

Like most things about that era, it ended stupidly.

5 Likes

Like, no exaggeration, bad Kor’kron encounters was a huge reason I just stopped RP-Fighting with strangers altogether. My life got a lot easier when I began sidestepping that blender of nonsense.

I actually started RPing during MoP, but most of my friends were allyside, so my Horde RP was sporadic and mostly in Razor Hill, as of 5.3.

I’m almost sad I missed some of this, insofar as at least there’s some funny stories to laugh at with hindsight XD It seems like it was just a condensing of bad, godmoding RPers doing bad, godmoding RP in a way that’s so ridiculous it’s laughable.

1 Like

If it weren’t for the barrage of death threats, slurs, stalking and OOC harassment, it might have been funny.

1 Like

True enough. And the fact that it got as bad as stalking and death threats is particularly surprising. I was envisioning the harassment being mostly a bunch of harsh OOC whispers, raging at people for not being willing to be punching bags for the big strong Kor’kron. :roll_eyes: Sounds like it was even worse than that, which is really not pleasant. I’m glad most of these RPers have cleared out. (Or at least don’t seem to be operating in the same way.)