Unpopular Opinion Time!

• This community isn’t toxic. By far, most people are either (at best) friendly, or (at worst) indifferent and silent. The rude, toxic people are few and far between. Anyone who bothers to count the interactions, instead of being blinded by confirmation bias, will find this to be true.

• The word “toxic” is overused. /Smack myself on the wrist.

• I don’t mind Pathfinder one bit. In fact, it’s friggin’ easy to earn, and I always get it with the first toon I take through a new xpac. Followed by twelve more toons, all of which meet the requirements for Pathfinder. So, yeah, I’ve been completing it thirteen times (12 horde, 1 alliance) per xpac since its been around.

• Not bothered about flying. If it left forever, so what.

• I couldn’t care less that essences aren’t account bound.

• There is no FOTM class or spec. With skill and experience, one can excel with any class or spec.

• I don’t care much about gear. Whatever is handed to me via solo play, LFR and warfronts (currently 415-430 ilvl) is more than sufficient. I don’t need better gear, to get better gear, to get better gear, to get better gear. With a 430 I wreck the content I like to do.

• I find LFR exciting and fun. I go in there because I want to. Also, see my first point. The vast majority of LFR runs are smooth and easy; the toxic people are not all that common.

7 Likes