Unplayable/unwanted

I think you need to read this again, then go over my post. I’m not trying to be rude here, but this is exactly my point.

A mistake was made, acknowledged, and corrected. There is no value to jumping all over them in hindsight.

Unless you mean to tell me that you’ve never made a mistake or hasty decision in your life that you’ve come to regret… which is pretty unlikely and that’s the whole point. Everybody makes mistakes. Don’t be that guy who likes to hold it over their heads and point it out constantly. Nobody likes that guy…

I think you need to check out what I wrote as well, I can condense it further for clarity.

My entire point is that if they had just posted that the change (talent change) was happening or in testing they would not have needed to make apologies at all.

Edit: removed pointless information.

I appreciate that you made an attempt to clarify, let me try this as well.

You’ve just stated what they should have done, but they didn’t do that, which was the mistake. That they acknowledged by saying that they should have put it up on the PTR to begin with.

Anything further than that feels like you’re expecting them to go back in time and not make the mistake to begin with… which is totally unreasonable. I think you’re stuck in a loop, sir :frowning:

You’re still focusing on the wrong thing, we get it they apologized.

They did not use the channels for announcing changes that they usually do. If they are going to try and continue properly communicating then abandoning this randomly and making an unannounced change is a bad look.

Had they just used the tools they are supposed to be using they would not have had to make an apology at all.

Lauding their post mistake communication is ignoring their almost same day track record of not communicating. “it’s okay they said sorry” is excusing the larger break down of communication that created the need for them to apologize.

It’s not about dragging them through the mud on one error, it’s about accountability that it wont happen again. As I am going to assume you have played WoW for a length of time I am sure you can understand why people want consistency of communication from blizzard and would be upset if the already sparse communication was overlooked for stealth expediency.

1 Like

They need to have a definition of “close enough”.

Currently they just seem to be making the choice in an arbitrary manner.

1 Like

I don’t think you do get it. They’ve clearly addressed all of the points you just made. This is getting hilarious; however…

My mistake is that I recognized when this conversation wasn’t going anywhere over a half hour ago, and then I got sucked back in. I will endeavour to do a better job of committing to my stated course of action in these scenarios.

I’m done with this part of the conversation. Cya!

I agree. I posted a while back. It would be nice to get some communication surrounding what the new expectations should be. Where does Blizzard intend to take class balance in WotLK going forward? What are the guidelines they’re using for deciding when they want to intervene?

1 Like

“If no makey mistakey, no need make sorry.”
had they not deviated from their
“Announce first, then change” paradigm this wouldnt even be a situation. instead they chose badly.

At least I’m direct in my tone, the underhandedness of your bow out reply is thick. Makes me wonder if you planned on arguing in bad faith or just defaulted to it.

Any time there is choice in a game, you have the option to make a poor choice. Consider making better choices? If all choices were good choices, you wouldn’t be making a choice.

Yeah, on one hand we want to encourage them to communicate and apologise and own mistakes, on the other hand we shouldn’t need them to.

Some mistakes just shouldn’t be made at this level. We’re being charged a AAA MMO fee and getting B grade service. A ‘sorry’ doesn’t really cut it. They need to now back it up over time with genuine action.

Flicking changes into live and not testing them wasn’t simply a mistake. It was lazy and reckless. They knew it could go pear shaped, they knew they had tools to prevent that and simply didn’t bother. Thought they could wing it.

1 Like

Exactly, you get it.

They broke from their already tenuous “normal” and just bypassed announcing a pretty large change.

Had they not done this, they wouldn’t need to say they were sorry for it. On top of that it hurts their already poor optics when it comes to communication and classic.

No idea why that is hard to understand for some…

If I did that in my job, I’d be fired.

1 Like

Same tbh.

“oh yeah I radically changed the POS system on our commerce site without saying anything, I’m sorry about it though”

“Just don’t make a mistake.” - Deunan, April 2023

Compelling stuff!

More like, just don’t make easily preventable mistakes that only require you to apply industry standard due diligence.

If they tested it and released it properly according to standard practice and it still didn’t work out, you’d have a point. But they didn’t.

1 Like

Same tbh.

Sorry I drove my truck along with it’s load off a bridge.

Be in tomorrow!

3 Likes

Because I am the same as a AAA game development company so yes, my mistakes are of the same type /s.

People make mistakes and mistakes will always have a matching level of consequences(usually)

A triple A gaming company with a poor communications track record trying to move past that into a better standing with their player base ignores their typical manner of testing and makes a large change without saying anything is massively different. There were numerous easy and smart ways to make this change and they chose none of them.

Compounds the lack of trust a percentage of the player base has with blizzard and increases the already high level of dissatisfaction with communication.

But naw, go ahead an ignore nuance here. Thought you bowed out?

… should be …

Instead of moving on, we should probably bring this up constantly for the next week so that it really drives home the point that mistakes of any kind aren’t to be tolerated.

Absolutely. Unforgiveable.

The real problem here is that it erodes trust. They want to make adjustments to the game and they want us to trust that they are doing so respectfully and with good unbiased industry practices. This whole episode erodes that trust. They come across as cowboys.

The trust needs to be rebuilt. The apology is a good first step, but it really is a first step. They have a lot of lost trust to rebuild. The apology doesn’t rebuild that trust but it sets them on a footing where they can start trying to.

Agreed, as is always the case when mistakes are made.

I mean, that’s a matter of perspective and probably a broader conversation. The scope of this change is pretty minor though. I mean, it was pretty minor. Lulz at the hyperbole involved in some of the comparisons though :slight_smile: